2008 Superliga or Bust!

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by RedBulls, Jul 24, 2007.

1. RedBulls

RedBulls New Member

Feb 19, 2007
    Well, this is it, the home stretch to qualify by finishing top 4 in the league!

As a season ticket holder, I really, really hope that we qualify for Superliga next year to add a little "spice" to our schedule. Dont get me wrong, I enjoy the regular season MLS games as much as the next 5 year old with bang stick and ice cream-froth mouth, but it would be nice to play in games before November that have a lot at stake! It would be great to be able to play Chivas, America, or whomever from south of the border - I have a feeling the atmosphere would be electric!

If anyone knows of any sacrifices that would appease the soccer gods, please let us know.

2. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

How old are you? Every thread of yours has at least one exclamation mark.

3. tfoisie

tfoisie New Member

Nov 9, 2004
    I would like the Red Bulls to qualify for the Superliga tournament as well. Does it go to the top four teams in points regardless of conference or are they going to pick the top two teams from each conference?

4. RedBulls

RedBulls New Member

Feb 19, 2007
    Top 4 overall, similar to single-table style.

5. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Mine have lots! And I'm old! :D

6. Montauk

Montauk New Member

Jul 5, 2007
    New York
  7. pjae

pjae New Member

Aug 27, 2006
    new york state
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

8. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Super Liga or Under Liga one million dollars are the name of the game and any body will play like a possessed for them, well, any body who make under $ 5.85 an hour and that's good for any sport and soccer is not the exception....

VIVA LA SUPER LIGA! .... And I'm 71 years old !!!!!!!!!!!!!....

9. cwt9

cwt9 New Member

Jul 27, 2005
    It's gonna be tough

Houston and Dallas will almost certainly be in the top 4. Galaxy has several games in hand. Revs, DC and KC make it difficult in the East.

10. CACuzcatlan

CACuzcatlan Member

Jun 11, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a Galaxy fan I can assure you we won't qualify for SuperLiga next year. I'll be happy if we even make it to the playoffs this year.

11. RedBulls

RedBulls New Member

Feb 19, 2007
    I agree, our form is terrible right now, and the clock is ticking.