2008 NBA Playoffs Thread

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by Hendrixforpope, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    50 years from now what everyone will remember is how KG came in and changed this team and made them winners.

2. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    The question should be; If Celtics had played as bad in the Finals as they did against the East in the Playoffs would they have won four against Lakers?

The answer is: No.

3. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is about his place in Boston history, Celtics fans will always remember Pierce's playoff performance and Finals MVP, and will always regard the man who played somewhere in the neighborhood of 15 years in Boston as the greater legend for us.

4. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would the Lakers have improved significantly with Jordan replacing Kobe, without a doubt, on both ends of the court, and what do they miss with LBJ subbing in for him?

We know LeBron wont be as scared or unwilling to take it to the basket, he will definitely improve the level of his teammates better, and since Kobe wouldnt Pierce, you dont miss out on Kobe's defensice advantage he has over James.

5. Matrim55

Matrim55 Member+

Aug 14, 2000
    Berkeley
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please do.

6. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I can't hate on Ronaldo after his performance in 2002. It sucks that he seems to like trannies, but his play on the pitch was beyond question, especially before those injuries.

7. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Sorry - Should have said C. Ronaldo.

8. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    We only saw the real Ronaldo from 94-98. He was still great for a little while after that, and very good for a long while after that, but the real Ronaldo was the one that caused havoc at PSV, Barcelona and early on at Inter.

9. tom hagen

tom hagen Red Card

Apr 19, 2007
    What Celtics fans will remember is KG coming in and making winners of losers. No one will remember Pierce from these Playoffs. He was ordinary.

10. tom hagen

tom hagen Red Card

Apr 19, 2007
    Dunno why anyone would hate Ronaldo. He's the best forward to ever play the game. And why do you care if he likes trannies?

11. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Not a problem- I should have known that Christiano Ronaldo would be the topic of hate for his antics, and not the real Ronaldo. That said, I don't hate him. I just think he could do with a bit less acting, and to stop that hitch in his PK run-up. If John Terry converts his kick, Cronaldo becomes a goat IMO for trying to fool the GK with a near-pause.

Agreed. But he helped carry his team to World Cup success.

No one? I'd think Celtics fans will damn near canonize Pierce, as he's been with this team for his entire career, IIRC, while KG (who will get his props from both Bostonians and the rest of the NBA fans) showed up just this year. Pierce played his ass off against the Celtics' biggest traditional rival- what he did against the rest of their playoff opponents will fade into distant memory.

I don't know the man myself, so I suppose it doesn't matter, but it has damaged his reputation. There's no getting around that.

12. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Dumbest post thread anyone?

13. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida