2008 Full home uniform

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by EastBayGrease, Jan 19, 2008.

1. EastBayGrease

EastBayGrease Member

Mar 1, 2005
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The color of the socks on that mannequin is wrong - it should be black for the home uniform, not white.

Also, is that an authentic uniform or a replica? Among other things, unlike the jersey that Ian Russell modeled earlier, the logo crest on the shirt and shorts look like oversized iron-ons or something.

And of course, we still don't know yet whether or not there'll be a sponsor wordmark to replace the "San Jose" and the "Earthquakes" across the chest area of the home and road uniforms by the beginning of the season. ;)

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :cool:

-G

3. sonofapitch

sonofapitch New Member

Feb 11, 2002
    Novato, CA
    Blue shorts??

Ok, I'm not going to go down this "objecting to the design of the uniform" road again. I already had an inappropriately big conniption over the black jerseys before and wound up feeling silly about it later.

Blue shorts?? Whatever, but if my child were still of an age where she'd listen to me about wardrobe choices I wouldn't send her out looking like that.

*deep breath*

Can we have something else to focus upon...like the regular season schedule or striker transfer developments from abroad?

4. DotMPP

DotMPP 'Quakes fan in Stumptown

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 29, 2004
    SE Portland, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With a skull cap and iPod wiring you could walk the streets of down town San Jose after 10PM without looking out of place...

5. EastBayGrease

EastBayGrease Member

Mar 1, 2005
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

I'm pretty sure it's authentic. This photo, among other '08 MLS uniforms, was taken by Andy Mead at the NSCAA Convention last Thursday.
    see all his pics of other MLS uniforms here: http://www.yoursportshooter.com/albums.php?albumId=14493&page=1&filter=&mode=

6. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It could also very well be either an authentic replica or a prototype, as opposed to an authentic authentic (it certainly wouldn't be the first time for such differences between San Jose Earthquakes replica jerseys and authentic jerseys).

Though the Ian Russell version looks to be the more professional and authentic of the two (not to mention the logo not placed crookedly, unlike on the mannequin jersey and shorts)...

[​IMG]

... I guess we'll have to wait and see which way Adidas decides to go with this.

-G

7. JohnWP

JohnWP Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Monterey, CA
    Throw the right color socks on there and that'll do me fine. When do we get to order 'em? The replica shirts I mean.

8. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wouldn't you rather have the authentic shirt? :confused:

-G

9. xANOTHERxSTARx

Mar 4, 2007
    yessir. i like the one russell is wearing. the borders on that one aren't too wide.

~~~

unfortunately, after a couple minutes of looking at pictures...

all the kits here have the wide white outline on the badges.

using the fire kit as an example (seen here), it's the same kit (with the white borders) that chicago presented when they showed the best buy sponsorship on the front. (click 'photos' to see the red kit)

10. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perhaps, but I'm wondering whether or not the mannequin versions of the uniforms at the SuperDraft are simply prototypes of sorts. After all, the Quakes logos on both the jersey and the shorts there are way too crooked (notice how the "San Jose" leans one way and the jersey's logo leans the opposite way?).

In any case, you can check out photos of the Fire players wearing their new uniforms here.

-G

11. xANOTHERxSTARx

Mar 4, 2007
    perhaps a sponsorship on the front? :D or is it too late?:eek:

12. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It most certainly isn't too late for a sponsorship on the front. :)

Hopefully it'll be on the Ian Russell version of the jersey, though, rather than on the mannequin version.

-G

13. JohnWP

JohnWP Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Monterey, CA
    Yes! I'm just anxious to start buying new Quakes stuff. Authentic, replica, coffee mugs, caps, official Quake-logo'd toaster ovens, whatever. I guess I really just need to take a deep breath and wait for the season to start.

14. futbol monkey

futbol monkey Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I prefer that, for the first year back at least, there be no sponsor name plastered in the front. I think the jersey will look a lot better with 'San Jose' in the front than any sponsor logo (imagine PetSmart on there..bleh!). I know it's common practice in soccer to have a sponsor name on the jersey but I never liked it. Some jersey's from the Mexican league are starting to look like a car from NASCAR with multiple sponsors being displayed.

[​IMG]

As per the Quakes' full uniform, I'm not crazy about the shorts but good thing I'm only wearing the jersey to games. :D Any word on whether the Quakes will be making a long-sleeve version of the jersey? And does anybody have a pic of the away-uniform?

15. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    those have to be among the ugliest uniforms I've seen.

16. Hyuuga Neji

Hyuuga Neji Member

Nov 20, 2007
    The Bay Area
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is our away going to all white or white top-blue shorts?

17. futbol monkey

futbol monkey Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think Ringo meant the Morelia uniforms are among the ugliest he's ever seen.

18. Hyuuga Neji

Hyuuga Neji Member

Nov 20, 2007
    The Bay Area
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh I see... My bad.:eek:

19. Alan S

Alan S Member

Jun 1, 2001
    Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. That uniform sucks.

Is it too late to change? Just bring back the 2005 uniform if they don't know what to do.

20. EastBayGrease

EastBayGrease Member

Mar 1, 2005
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Not to turn this into a kit debate, but I really wish the Earthquakes would have incorporated yellow/gold piping into their uniform, like the KC has done. We have a sun in our logo, after all. IMO, KC now has the nicest full uniform in the league.

21. krudmonk

krudmonk Member+

Mar 7, 2007
    S.J. Sonora
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    They look fine to me. Black socks would make for too much black and throw off the blue/black balance like everyone feared when the jerseys were first shown.
    Black was bad but yellow is welcome? Gross...

22. Hyuuga Neji

Hyuuga Neji Member

Nov 20, 2007
    The Bay Area
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No matter what they do, it's gonna be black.

23. EastBayGrease

EastBayGrease Member

Mar 1, 2005
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, who wants blue and gold/yellow?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

GO BEARS!

24. EastBayGrease

EastBayGrease Member

Mar 1, 2005
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And blue, black, and yellow? Even worse!

[​IMG]

25. KMJvet

KMJvet BigSoccer Supporter

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It took me a couple of months to get used to the idea of black shirts and blue shorts. But I like it now. It's not like everybody else.

I agree that though with everyone who likes the badge better without the wide white line around it.