2008 CONCACAF Under-23 Championship (Group B) [R]

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by FlashEP, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Miss Webous

Miss Webous Member

Oct 3, 2005
    Club:
    Cruz Azul Hidalgo
    and so will Costa Rica:rolleyes:

2. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    sure, thats why i dont talk shit of the teams that are live :D

3. Ronaldinho11

Ronaldinho11 Red Card

Jul 28, 2003
    San Pedro Sula
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    haha. OWNED!

4. Miss Webous

Miss Webous Member

Oct 3, 2005
    Club:
    Cruz Azul Hidalgo
    How exactly was that "owned'?

5. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man did Guatamala ever stick it to Mexico. Scandolous.

6. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    To be honest they were under no obligation to help us out, they had already qualified and did the right thing by resting their key players. The sad thing was how they celebrated getting spanked by Canada. Truly pathetic.

7. El Chuma

El Chuma BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 17, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was in Hawaii for the Pan-Pacific tournament and saw Mexicans chanting USA sucks, when the Dynamo were losing. It comes around, goes around.

8. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah but the intergity of the sport compells teams to at least try to play and take the match serious. Guatamala clearly was allowing Canada to score at will for no other reason than to reduce Mexico's chances to advance.

So sure they are not obligated to field their best team and to go balls out when they already have qualified, but the integrity of the game obligates you to take your match seriously and not to purposfully throw the game in an effort to damage another teams chances to advance legitimatly.

If that happened to us i would be seriously pissed off. The fact CONCACAF doesn't play the last group game simultaniously is a clear signal to the federations that they don't take enforcing the morals of the competition seriously.

9. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    IF the games were played at the same time Guate would have let themselves lose by even more goals on purpose so that argument doesnt make sense.

10. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    I think that goes beyond soccer. The US government has done some shady things in Latin America which is neither here or there but people in South America HATE the US for reasons other that soccer. It's not just Mexicans. Although I will apologize ahead of time for bringing up political issues that have nothing to do with the topic at hand but some people can't disntinguish the difference between politics and sports. There's plenty of them everywhere, not just in Mexico.

BTW Chuma, how big is the mexican population in Hawaii?? I would have never thought there were be many expats lounging around in Hawaii.

11. El Chuma

El Chuma BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 17, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mostly hotel workers and and groundskeepers, I know I have been to central America and South America and seen it first hand.