2008/2009 NBA Season Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by Beazley17, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    To cut salary. I'd have asked it the other way. Why would Clips add Camby? Surely there must be better players out there who wouldn't mind playing with BD and Kaman.

Hell they could even make a run at LBJ in 2010. BD, Stiff, LBJ, Stiff, Kaman sure is better then whatever NYK and NJN has to offer.

2. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    The Lakers are only the second team in NBA history to win their first two games of the season on consecutive days - one by a margin of 20-or-more points and the other by a margin of 30-or-more points. The only other team to do that was the Syracuse Nationals, who entered the NBA in the 1949-50 season and won their first two games, on Nov. 3-4, 1949, beating the original Denver Nuggets, 78-58 and 84-51, in a two-game series at Syracuse.

3. erick

erick Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bama Nation
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

when he played in denver

4. canesfan00

canesfan00 New Member

Apr 1, 2007
    Miami
    Yeah there is a good article on yahoosports explaining Detroit's declaration in the LBJ 2010 sweepstakes. It is a little bit scary that they may continue their dominance in the east for several more years with or without him. Joe Dumars is proving why he is one of the top executives in the league.

5. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Spurs are 0-3. What the hell?

6. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Their supporting cast is one year older and they lack the still greatly underrated Manu.

7. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    But still. It's not Ginos first injury. They've always done quite well without him. But now, it's not like they're even close. Without Duncan playing out of his mind so far they'd have been absolutely destroyed.

8. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    spurs are done

9. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    No doubt. That's why I didn't even include them in the POLL. I have my doubts they could win a series against any of Lakers, Hornets, Jazz or Rockets.

10. erick

erick Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bama Nation
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    they will get it together as the season goes by

11. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Not to the level where they can win it all. They're obviously not gonna go 0-82 :cool:

12. erick

erick Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bama Nation
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    yes...they are not going to have the worst record.. they will have 40 or 30 wins

13. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    They'll have atleast 44. Not much more then that though.

14. erick

erick Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bama Nation
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

if they make it 2 the playoffs then its going to be a diff story... they are the kind of team thats steps up their game when it really counts and the veterans play as expected

15. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    i still think even with duncan they can be posted easily by lakers/boston/rockets because they all have 2 goodish bigmen

spours have one in duncan and hes getting older now

they just have to d up and rely on duncan, parkers drives (he cant shoot a 3 to save his life) and manus 3s

not impressed at all by their roster apart from those 3

16. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Parker and TD were pretty good last night. But not sure if you can really count stuff you do against Minne.

17. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Is it just me who thinks Stuckey is overrated???

18. Sean...

Sean... Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dont think he's overrated, but I think for the time being he's better off coming off the bench, which is exactly what he'll be doing once Iverson is in the line-up. He's only in his second year, I think he's a decent back-up PG at this point.

19. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    He's being hailed as a guy that might swing LeBron to Detroit. I just don't see where that's coming from. I'd rather play with Nate or Jamal.

20. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Umm guys, Ginobili will come back(and Mason will have benfitted greatly), and he is much much more than a 3 point shooter, he was their BEST player last season. Not predicting anything here, just saying this team is not "done," as some seem to think.

21. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he is much better than RObinson. Hard to know how to take Stuckey? He's young and a backup right now, but against the Celtics in the playoffs, no one could stop him. Shooting or off the dribble. They kept comparing him to Wade, which for me is off, he was more like a Wade Billups combo.

Never been much of a Crawford fan, how does he help a team when he isnt scoring? And he doesn't do that efficently

22. erick

erick Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bama Nation
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    paul
    brewer
    carter
    pierce
    thaddeus young
    richard jefferson
    randolph
    howard
    boozer

:cool:

23. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Thought this was quite funny...
    [youtube]5B7U74Dg04k[/youtube]

24. erick

erick Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bama Nation
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  25. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Typical braindead American basketball player. They're all over Barack just because he's black. They have no fucking clue what Obama is all about. I would not be surprised if the average IQ among players in the NBA was less then 80.