2008 0fficial Mexico's Copa Libertadores Thread: General Discussion Vol. III

Discussion in 'Mexico: Club Cups and Competitions' started by sidspaceman, May 26, 2008.

1. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Boca played well the first half and managed to get no goals, it happens to the best !! I never downplayed any of their game nor was I wishing for them to lose it really didn't matter to me. What I'm referring to is him saying how superior Boca was tactically, stylistically and even PHYSICALLY. It was funny to me because Boca's players were quitting on balls toward the last 10 mins, not Fluminense's. Whenever Fluminense made a good play, he would stay shut but if Palermo or Riquelme managed to even touch the ball he would practically ejaculate all over the mic.

Just because you wanted Boca to win it don't mean you have to "cherry pick'' at anything you percieve to be an attack on BOca... sorry to burst you're bubble little man I wasn't attacking BOCA I was talking about the incredibly biased announcers.

What is that called when you play better than another team but you get outscored? Oh yeah, it's called LOSING

2. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    1. Argentinian??? no , he nailed the coffin shut! ......

I don't see what discrimination has to do with this tread..........and show me where he said he felt discriminated ...

3. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ok , from a Latin American standpoint you might say everyone who watches Fox sports espanol speaks spanish , right ? There are probably not many Brazilians tuning in, right? Therefore one might think that the overwhelming majority who tune in are because they want to see Boca win.... of course

look,, you could even pick an El Salvadorian to announce a Boca game vs. any Brazil club and he may even be a bit biased... im sure its only natural..
    But what exactly are you expecting Dan O'Brian ??? [​IMG]

you are talkingabout that wich you have no damn idea; Niembro is a excellent comentator with very many years in futbol , Mariano Closs as well.. so they were ejaculating all over the mic ! so what,,,, are you mad because it wasn't on your face ??? well sorry .. but thats the way Closs is, he yells at the top of his lungs not just for Boca but River plate too; also..http://www.dailymotion.com/cluster/sport/video/x5n7ab_colon-1-river-2_sport

4. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It was published in a magazine, Futbol Total, He said he was discriminated in River Plate because of the color of his skin..

5. Naui_Ocelotl

Naui_Ocelotl Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Niembro and Closs lack professionalism and both suck.

I remember back when Ludueña was still at River, during a Copa Libertadores broadcast, one of the on-field reporters said that Leo Astrada said "Ludueña no juega por que es negro".

6. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Well then why did you bring him up then?

7. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He might usually be a good announcer but they were both unprofessional and both showed a complete lack of class during that game.

8. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    he wasn't all that at River..

ooouuuu Futbol Total!!!! they must be the worlds authority on complete futbol facts from around the world ! i must get myself a subscription ...

dude..... "don't believe the hype" was a song back in the 90's ...http://youtube.com/watch?v=ASjH7X-jAY4

9. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    What does he have to be all that have to do with this?
    Your blowing up...
    I believe the "hype" because it came from his mouth..:rolleyes:

He was discriminated and he was quoted saying he felt discriminated because of the color of his skin!

10. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    why do you care , am i talking to you Sid???

Dude , do you watch mexican soccer?? if not why the hell are you a mod here/???? or If your a fool, you and can't remember he made a spectacular goal in the in the final of the Mexican Clausura that buried Cruz Azul wich is SoDamnSmooth 's team!!! making a statement about the announcer having Boca's their Nuttz shoved down their throats.... just making a comparison ....This is why i brought it up . if you still can't figure that out then go watch baseball ....

11. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You like makin' a big deal outta' nuthin' ... instigate all you want .. i don't care if Ludueña was discriminated against at River ,, thats River ,, and I hate River anyway and it's not my beef.... River is not Argentina... The only thing is now he's kicking butt in the Mexi-league ,and i hope nuthin' but the best for him ...
    The simple fact that you brought up that he was discriminated against , in a board that had nuthin' to do with discrimination . makes you a a mental-midget!! Why on earth would you wanna make me , A Boca fan even in a position to defend Rivers racism ??? I really don't giva shite ...

12. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    River has a strong influence in the AFA...

Catch my drift?

He has been badass here in Mexico and yet no call-up?

In all do regards you brought up Ludueña in here, trying to make fun of a fellow poster here, taking most pride because he is Argentinian.. I just pointed out that you shouldnt be proud because in all respect he was discriminated in HIS country..

13. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ok dude ,since you still countinue to display your mental midgetry lemme break it down real simple for you....

I brought up Luduena only because he was tha last to score for Santos FC in the final! that essentially buried Cruz Azul . Not because he's an Argie , hell if Juan Pablo Rodriguez woulda' made it i'd a brought up JuanPi nailing the last goal .... Do you comprende??? now....

You must not watch mexican soccer either....

and u still like makin' a big deal outa' nuthin'...

As far as skin color mr Black Panther ,there is this one guy with dark skin that has worn the Albiceleste 10 times.. Nicknamed ; "El Negro"[​IMG][​IMG]
    By the way the other Dark guy with el negro is Rodrigo Clemente who has also defended the Albiceleste 9 times..[​IMG]
    so please leave your Spike Lee attitude for another thread..

14. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Which was my point exactly.

It's clear that the only one that has Boca's nutz shoved down his throat more than those announcers did is YOU!

I didn't even watch the final in the Clausura so if you're trying to get at me like that then good job.

It seems my last post just went right over your head.

15. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You know somthin Smooth,,, you're right !!.... My bad ... it hurt bad to see my beloved Boca lose like that towards the end of the game .. It hurt i wasn't angry i was extremely upset:( ... It felt like anything directed at Boca was an attack on me , my being , myself .. it felt only natural to strike back with whatever logic i could muster .. When in reality it was my escape from the misery i had let myself be inflicted by... Damn! sorry man ... i was displacing my displeasure onto you however i could ...... If its one thing Boca has taught me is that in every season they go out to play we fanaticos must always be ready for the joy of victory or the agony of defeat.... .. and while it pains me to see Boca out of the Tournament , i congratulate the Fans of Fluminense for being gracious fans of a dazzling display of futbol ....... at the famous Maracana...

16. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Good stuff just don't let it happen again. ;)

17. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I hope we don't get the Mexican commentators for this game.

18. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Bad luck huh?

19. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No, they suck.

LDU up 1-0

20. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Flu has tied it up.

1-1

21. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  22. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Wow LDU up 4-1 now.

23. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    gol de Flu

4-2

24. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  25. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Nice coverage sid.. By the looks of it you were the only one in the entire Mexico forum watching the game!