2008-09 CONCACAF Champions League - Preliminary Round [R]

Discussion in 'CONCACAF Champions Cup' started by Nico Limmat, Jul 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice cop-out, asswipe. But you're not worth the time nor the effort. I already told you what cases you could look to to get a better idea. All of this was discussed extensively on these boards while you were serving your suspension for your previous red card in your other incarnation. A trip to www.concacaf.com and a few moments of your time should be enough to shut you up, but hen you probably wouldn't anyways.:rolleyes: So just continue on in your own little reality...

2. Monstruo*Morado

Monstruo*Morado Red Card

Sep 4, 2008
    So basically you have been making these up.

Nice. Good job on trying to change the subject to this gethomas thing also.

Calling others names is definetly a sign weak mind trying to express itself. I didn't even tried too hard, either.

3. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No not at all. That's funny...I didn't even mention gethomas. Solos se caen.

4. Monstruo*Morado

Monstruo*Morado Red Card

Sep 4, 2008
    Then who did you meant? I have been getting bombarded with this guy so I want to know who did you meant.

Te caes solo al fondo del ridiculo...

5. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dios mio! You can't be this stupid...this is some kind of a sick prank, no one is this ****ing stupid!

6. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Nazzer

Nazzer New Member

Jan 12, 2008
    Penticton,BC,Canada
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Here are several relevant links for you.

http://concacaf.com/graphics/stats-regs/pdf/Regulations%20CONCACAF%20Champions%20Leaguev10.pdf

This is the statutes and regulations for the Champions League tournament. I know this hasn't been discussed recently but please note that CONCACAF is paying for many away game expenses so as to reduce the cost on the teams involved, so this tournament will be unlikely to lose teams money.

http://concacaf.com/view_article.aspx?id=4132

This is the article about the Canadian qualifying tournament. Note that in it when it talks about allocations it does not say 'MLS' but 'USA' this is your first and only required clue that Toronto is not able to qualify through MLS, and it only has 1 possible route of qualification. Further, the Puerto Rico Islanders do not compete in the US Open Cup so they too only have 1 route of qualification. Only teams from the United States compete in the US Open Cup. Teams from MLS do have 2 routes of qualification, the MLS (through supporters shield or MLS CUP) as well as the US Open Cup.

http://concacaf.com/view_article.aspx?id=4171

This link talks you to a detailed list of the qualification criteria set out by CONCACAF for the 2008-09 edition of the tournament. Note that with three teams coming from CFU, and every Central American country having a representative then every country has the opportunity to compete in some way. If Canada were to be denied any representation than CONCACAF would be neglectful in their seemingly obvious wish of having a tournament that is able to say that any country could theoretically win.

I hope these few links are able to answer most of your questions. (The regulations of the tourney is 30 pages so should take a little bit of time).

8. Monstruo*Morado

Monstruo*Morado Red Card

Sep 4, 2008
    Weak mind....:eek: I feel sorry for you. Do you get this stressed out over someone over the internet?

How do you handle yourself in REAL life?

Wait...I don't want to know. You probably have a list of people that picked on you in High School in your closet waiting for a chance to get back at them. Am I on your list? Are you going to kill me because I got you mad over the internet?

9. Monstruo*Morado

Monstruo*Morado Red Card

Sep 4, 2008
    Good.

That is all I wanted to see. Unfortunetly, your friend started spazzing out on me as if someone was about to kill him. :rolleyes: He seriously needs help.

So Canadian teams in MLS will not get a slot in case they finish in a high enough position through MLS. And the same with Puerto Rico Islanders. Good.

MLS still needs one of their spots taken away, though.

Neg rep for neg rep, though. That is very childish of you, don't you think?

10. Nazzer

Nazzer New Member

Jan 12, 2008
    Penticton,BC,Canada
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Yeah, Toronto can win the MLS Cup this year and that will mean nothing in terms of getting into the Champions League in 2009-10. They would still have to finish on top of Vancouver and MOntreal in the Canadian CHampions next year. The logic of taking away a spot from MLS is faulty when you consider that Alajuelense, a team that was also favoured in the preliminary round lost too. A decision on changing allocations should not be made so hastily, this is the first time since 2002 where more than 8 teams from CONCACAF will compete in our regional championship, and also a much better time to see who is better. 8 is much worse than 24 in terms of a sampling population for data.

11. Monstruo*Morado

Monstruo*Morado Red Card

Sep 4, 2008
    Don't put us in the same boat as MLS.

Good job on PRI. But one series does not erase everything we have done in the past 10 years or so. Or is Venezuela all of a sudden better then Brazil for winning one match not too long ago?

MLS, on the other hand, has done nothing to earn more then 2 slots, let alone 4 spots. That is the difference between us two. However, in a tournament the size of the CCL, it only makes sense to have 1 nation with 4 teams, the next two highest with 3, the next 4 with 2, and so on.

That is why it is only fair, especially given MLS' papelones, that they should give us a slot to make it 3 for us and 3 for MLS.

You will not find, from what I have seen so far, that many neutrals will not agree with me in that CONCACAF needs to get off MLS' dick and stop with the favoritsm.

12. Naui_Ocelotl

Naui_Ocelotl Member

Apr 3, 2008
    I don't think anyone is basing their opinion that MLS teams should have their spots reduced solely on these recent results. Keep in mind that It's not just this season that MLS sides have failed miserably in international competition. MLS clubs have been doing poorly for a while now, the results againt Joe Public and Tauro are just the most recent of those poor results.
    The truth of the matter is that MLS/USSF should have at least 2 spots taken away and given to more deserving federations, such as Costa Rica.

13. elvasco

elvasco 100% Americanista

Sep 10, 2006
  14. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

What do you base this on? Non-First Division teams in Europe compete to get into UEFA champions league -- becuase UEFA CL takes domestic cup winners. If an amateur team wins the FA Cup, which theoretically they could do, they would be in the UEFA CL the next year.

15. elvasco

elvasco 100% Americanista

Sep 10, 2006
    False.
    The winner of the FA goes into the UEFA Cup not the Champions League, the Champions League is for top flight only(I'm almost 100% sure).

16. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    this thread went offtopic a long time ago
    CLOSED