2007 update: Supporters in NYC

Discussion in 'Supporters Abroad' started by DCAustinite, Mar 23, 2007.

1. joehill

joehill Member

Sep 28, 2005
    brooklyn
    Club:
    DC United
    question about Time Warner in Brooklyn - do they not have Gol TV? WTF?

i was hoping to get IO/optimum but they said i unfortunately stuck with Time Warner.

2. apqjr

apqjr Member

Aug 30, 2003
    PB Gardens, FL
    Hello all :D

Hate, congrats to you and the family!!!:)

I was wondering if anyone from the NY or NJ supporters has recommendations about flying in for a game at the Meadowlands. Specifically, which airport? Is public transportation available to get to the stadium?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    -ari.

3. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    Thanks, ari.:)

Any way you do it, it will be painful.

Newark Liberty is certainly the closet airport to the Meadowlands but your route via public transport would probably be: Airport-->Skytrain to Newark Train Station--> Train to Penn Station, NYC--> walk/subway to Port Authority Bus Terminal--> bus to Meadowlands. Bring a dictionary-sized book. I wouldn't be shocked if this trip takes you three hours, even though as the crow flies it's probably only 10 miles. The Meadowlands is about the most inconveniently located place on earth.

I would strongly consider taking a taxi from Newark/Liberty to the stadium. My best guess is that it will cost you around $30, but it will save you, quite literally, hours of time.

4. apqjr

apqjr Member

Aug 30, 2003
    PB Gardens, FL
    Hate,

Thanks for the help!!

It looks like I might have to wait a while before I catch our guys up there! I was hoping to come up and leave on the same day, but it seems like might be better to make this a weekend trip and see the city at the same time.

I don't have pockets like that right now.:eek:

5. DCAustinite

DCAustinite New Member

Jan 14, 2003
    NE DC in my heart -
    Club:
    DC United
    The place is the Irish Rogue and it's on 44th b/w 8th and 9th. this thursday, at 7, let's watch DC get off the schneid. I'vebeen there before and I'm pretty sure they'll show the game. If not, it's on espn2 and we can go anywhere

6. Q*bert Jones III

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    I'll do my darndest to get there:)

7. DCAustinite

DCAustinite New Member

Jan 14, 2003
    NE DC in my heart -
    Club:
    DC United
    Anybody going to the toilet bowl this weekend to watch DC flush a turd?

8. moreno9

moreno9 Member+

Aug 24, 2002
    Henrico
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going to be heading up via train to Penn Station and then taking the bus over to Giant's from the bus station. Anyone else doing the same? I've never done the bus before but all the info DCU sent me (I won a round trip through the team :D ) makes it seem pretty easy. First buses don't go to Giant's until 3:00 on Sunday according to what I've read. Any insight on the bus part of the journey (i.e. earlier buses, normal delays since it's only a 2 hour window from first bus to game time, etc.)?

Thanks!!

9. DCAustinite

DCAustinite New Member

Jan 14, 2003
    NE DC in my heart -
    Club:
    DC United
    the bus runs from penn station. If you PM us you can meet us beforehand at a bar 'round the corner and we can travel together if you like.

10. degerron

degerron New Member

Feb 18, 2006
    Queens
    An I'm back from the bar exam after 4 straight days of testing. What are people's plans for Sunday match versus Club America?

11. Q*bert Jones III

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    I am an ass.

You also are asses.

Let's stop being asses.

Playoffs approach!

:D:D:D

12. degerron

degerron New Member

Feb 18, 2006
    Queens
    You say when and where. I say there!:p

13. Q*bert Jones III

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    Can do.

Also, me and a buddy are heading down to RFK for the cup final. Anyone else thinking about it, should let me know.

14. Q*bert Jones III

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    I'll be at Nevada Smith's, as per usual, at 3rd Ave and 12th Street unless someone tells me to go somewhere else.

15. DCAustinite

DCAustinite New Member

Jan 14, 2003
    NE DC in my heart -
    Club:
    DC United
    Just thought I'd put this out there:

I am renting a car for Friday april 4th, probably around 4pm and driving down for the home opener. I will be returning probably Sunday at noon. Anybody who wants a to-and-from is welcome to come along. The only cost is kicking in on gas or tolls. Let me know.

Vamos United!