2007 MLS Cup - Trip for Philly MLS Supporters

Discussion in 'Sons of Ben' started by CyphaPSU, Dec 15, 2006.

1. N-I-C-H-O

N-I-C-H-O New Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: SoB :: MLS Cup Bus Trip Thread PbP/Recap [R]

Remember all the talks of buying a mini liberty bell as inappropriate bell. Well I now have one thanks to Trish.

2. CopaMundial

CopaMundial Member

Sep 11, 2006
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I would like to propose a suggestion that this thread be locked and put to bed, as any worthwhile discussion regarding our trip to the Cup game has come and gone.

Thanks to all that attended the trip in mind, body, and/or spirit. A great time was had by all.

I hope our next trip will be just as good.

3. Clocker

Clocker New Member

Nov 22, 2007

Pope that was really funny. I got a good laugh out of it. Copa, you're right. Put this thread to bed. I'm just having a tough time dealing with the censorship that goes on with this board. Its juvenile. You can't state a reasonable, intelligent difference of opinion to the thread (and without vulgarity) or else you get name called and censored. its juvenile and counter productive as to what these message boards were designed to do. good by, maybe i'll see u guys in Orlando for a Kixx or Blast game.

4. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Bob, any post that contains a message specifying a user and a less than complimentary description of them, especially on their board, is not cool. If you were a regular poster on the Revs board and could convey your feelings without feeling it neccessary to debase the efforts or feelings of others then I would be more likely to let your drivel stay on the boards. Once again you have managed to sneak an insult one of your posts. Rather than deleting or binning it like I should, I am going to leave the beauty of you calling me a hall monitor, which is the "opion" of "u".

Speaking of childish board management, SoB Davey was infracted on the Revs board for his avatar. Moderating these boards isn't easy and is less fun since MLS Cup. If you don't like it, have fun on your horse racing and bridge discussion boards.

5. Clocker

Clocker New Member

Nov 22, 2007

Bryan, i didn't insult anybody but you. Your managemant of this board is immature in my opinion. If u read my posts i'm making an effort to be friendly with them. i've admitted that i was wrong over the ticket seating situation and i've wished them luck in getting a team. i'm an old liberal who is really against censorship in most forms.

By your standards Bryan, I'm giving you 2 demerits for your "bridge" comment. that was insulting (and where did bridge come from?) and age discriminatory. You made fun of my age. Not cool.

I coached this game for 13 years and refereed youth, high school, and adult leagues for 8. i have a right to go on any message board i want to state any opinion i might have. I don't use profanity, although i have a sarcastic sense of humor which sometimes infuriates people. lol.

I admit monitoring these boards can't be much fun. I suggest backing off a little and let people express themselves. just because 2 kids still in diapers (there i go again) cry "trolling", doesn't mean u should jump in and censor. When posts degenerate into nothing but name calling and vulgarity with no intelligent purpose, then jump in with your penalty points and deletions. Just a little friendly advice.

No Boca, No Kasey,,,Come on Clint,,,,GO FULHAM!!!!

6. OKTerrific

OKTerrific Member

Sep 10, 2005
    The River End
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Please don't like Fulham.

7. SoB Bolton

SoB Bolton New Member

Mar 25, 2007
    Chester, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

According to whom? Certainly not the Terms of Service of this website that you agreed to when you signed up for the site: https://www.bigsoccer.com/index.php?pageid=TOS

And you definitely were trolling. And you still are, because you continue to air your grievances with Bryan publicly, instead of in private. You're attempting to get him to give you an argumentative response on the forum, which is the very definition of trolling. You did the same thing before when you swore up and down that we intentionally got seats where we did and called those that tried pointing out that you were wrong "15 year olds".

This board is meant for those persons who are members or potential members of the Sons of Ben, which you clearly are not. Your continual recent posts in this thread have nothing to do with the Sons of Ben bus trip to the MLS Cup, and could be removed simply for being off-topic.

Bryan has done a ton of work to get the Sons of Ben where we are, and does a lot of work on a daily basis moderating the expansion forums, and your repeated insults of him for simply doing his job are infuriating.

8. SoB Bolton

SoB Bolton New Member

Mar 25, 2007
    Chester, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

He obviously only likes them because of the Americans on the squad, notice who he mentioned.

9. OKTerrific

OKTerrific Member

Sep 10, 2005
    The River End
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Stop trying to fire me up.

10. Clocker

Clocker New Member

Nov 22, 2007

You're right, i should have sent Brian a private email. But you guys will not recognize my admissions that i was wrong, or that i wished your group well as well as trying to start a dialogue with some of you over your cities misl team which ironically you don't support. Brian is a sons of ben "in house" moderator, which is wrong to begin with. should be impartial. what these message boards have done is become vanilla. you have your thread and everybody here must agree with everybody else. same thing for the revs, dynamo, etc boards i guess. they are just cheerleading for their cause with no intelligent differences of opinion allowed. i'll venture over to some other boards now if Brian will allow me (sic). If they are the same i'll leave bigsoccer. I'm just having fun.

11. Clocker

Clocker New Member

Nov 22, 2007

So theres something wrong with liking an epl team with a lot of americans on it? I've always been a villa supporter, but with the influx of some of my favorite all time american players (Kasey and Clint from what MLS team??) i'm pulling for the cottagers to escape relagation. Thats Fulham's battle this year. Just made it last year. Down with Man U and the Russian bought Chelsea team. Hoping Villa can make Europe this year!!

12. SoB Bolton

SoB Bolton New Member

Mar 25, 2007
    Chester, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I just wanted to make sure Davey didn't start liking you ;)

13. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Our dislike of the Kixx is based on business dealings and previous experience. The reasons will not be aired.

Every board has moderators that care about the cause. Monty and two other guys moderate the Revs board. I haven't edited out posts that don't include trolling or flaming. When in doubt, I try to reference Brandenburg v. Ohio in an electronic sense with posters being the affected citizens. I completely disagree with the assertion that no intelligent conversation occurs here. This thread has sadly outlived it's usefulness, tell the kids I took it to a farm.

14. Onion41

Onion41 Member

Jun 13, 2007
    The Glass Factory
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BUMPITY BUMP BUMP BUMP......what a TRIP!

15. OKTerrific

OKTerrific Member

Sep 10, 2005
    The River End
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bored at work?

16. SoB Bolton

SoB Bolton New Member

Mar 25, 2007
    Chester, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "I bumped a couple of threads today because I was bored at work."

17. KnightofNi

KnightofNi Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    holy dead thread batman!

18. Laudy

Laudy New Member

Nov 17, 2007
    Reinholds, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My first SoB experience. That was a great trip. There is nothing better than pissing off a couple hundred New England supporters. The Buffalo Bills chant was beautiful. Even though I was relegated to the short bus, I remember the day fondly.