2007 CONCACAF Champions’ Cup[R]

Discussion in 'Mexico: Club Cups and Competitions' started by sidspaceman, Nov 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    yeah they seem to forget about the CLEAR penalty that wasn't called for Pachuca and the red card just after that play

2. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Pachuca's a hell of an entertaining and quality team. MLS should strive to put that kind of product on the field.

3. Sakuragi

Sakuragi Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Wow. After reading this thread...man.

Most of you have an inferiority complex with the MLSers. :rolleyes:

Amazing.

Pachuca were able to get through, but, boy, did they sweat it? Lets put this into perspective here folks. It's Pachuca, the Sudamericana Champions, the team that is currently on top of the Mexican league. If Pachuca would have lost the series, there would have been no excuse, actually. And they were minutes away from being eliminated. Yes, the goals came in from mistakes from Pachuca, but who doesn't take advantage of mistakes by their opponents? None of you are Pachuca fans, stop acting like you are. This victory over a very inefficient Houston side (in Mexico), is only for the Tuzos, and for no one else. Hopefully MLS teams keep this type of consistency of wanting to pass over Mexican teams. That way maybe we will see an actual CONCACAF Champions Cup in the near future.

4. C.B.

C.B. New Member

Feb 20, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    No mames guey, en el Clasico es a heuvo Chivas, y si no mejor quita que le vas a las Chivas...:(

5. C.B.

C.B. New Member

Feb 20, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Whats wrong with people being happy for Pachuca? Shit you america fans are some of the sourest people on here.:rolleyes: Chivas a Mundial de Clubes!

6. odsum5387

odsum5387 Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I usually just lurk around, am American, and support MLS, but...you guys who think it was close have to be kidding me. It was an entertaining match, yes, but Pachuca dominated. And yeah if there was an away goals rule the match would have ended at 90 minuts with a Dynamo victory, but no one can really think it would have been a deserved victory. The second penalty was a little soft, but then again that last Houston goal was clearly out of bounds. Everyone can be agreed on the fact that the refs were inconsistent and screwed up some huge plays like that obvious handball in the box.

Houston couldn't deal with Pachuca's speed at all and eventually just ran completely out of gas between the altitude and having to chase the Pachuca players around all night. The route one style they played just was not going to be effective last night. I respect Houston for refusing to die, but they did not deserve to win the match or the series really. The 2-0 scoreline coming in wasn't all that clear cut really, though the Dynamo did play well in the second half of the first leg.

DC United was much more impressive and could have snatched the win, but even then I don't see a problem with Chivas getting the win. The two better teams probably won. Yeah there are the budget differences, in-season/preseason qualms, but you've still got to show up and do the business on the pitch. Houston did not last night or for the first half of the first match. DC did and lost. It could have gone either way, but ended up going to Chivas and I can't say that was undeserved.

7. Frieslander

Frieslander Member
    Staff Member

Feb 14, 2000
    North Jersey
    I don't watch Mexican League football so I really didn't know what expect from Pachuca but I was extremely impressed. That is a great team to watch. Gimenez was stunning. I gonna have to give my spanish language channels another look when I see a Mexican match on. Full respect to Pachuca.

8. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    :eek:

That was not a trolling post.

Calling it "trolling" is itself inciting a flame war.

Prolly the same reason why FMF fans keep ignoring that Pachuca's first goal was offsides.

Regarding Houston's first goal:

1. No foul.

2. The ball did not completely cross the line. It has to cross the line in its entirety.

Um.

Why would they play 30 minutes of extra time?

Another way of looking at it is that Pachuca didn't score off the run of play for 176+ minutes.

That's why, despite out-classing Houston for the first half yesterday, they were nearly eliminated. Meanwhile, Houston scored 4 goals from the run of play.

Merecida victoria para Pachuca a pesar de eso.

9. Necaxista

Necaxista New Member

Oct 23, 2004
    Cuernavaca
    Club:
    Club Necaxa
    Nat'l Team:
    Namibia
    I guess that's what Goofy was talking about with the bandwagon jumping.
    wow.

10. Sakuragi

Sakuragi Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Jeeezzz. I guess it's alright being happy for Pachuca, but to the point of claiming the victory as your own, it's pretty SAD, LAME, and PATHETIC. Stick to your own teams people.

11. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I guess the record goes on.

No MLS team has won a competative match in Mexico against an MFL team.

12. Sakuragi

Sakuragi Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    For whatever that's worth...

13. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    yea I know.. that 5-2 must be very embarrasing for houston.. very bad display of futbol... chitiva y cacho just kept raping their flanks..

14. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    dood.. callin the general opinion stupid in the mexican forum is trolling.. specially after a 5-2 crushing of another MLS team...

15. eL-ShorTy

eL-ShorTy Member

Sep 18, 2005
    San Antonio
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    5-2 is a very competitive game. :p Almost as bad as Veracruz. :)

16. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Or even tied a game for that matter.

‘Course… it could also be noted that FMF hasn’t won a competitive away game vs. MLS since ’03, 0 wins in 3 tries and only 1 win in 8 going back to 2001 (or 2000??).

It’s the general opinion for a *part* of the board, the cluster of fans who tend to forget the inconvenient part that it’s 180 minutes, not 90 and that generously adds 30 minutes of extra time after the series ended in a tie score.

That’s cherry-picking and it’s poor thinking skills. Sorry.

17. VnlaThndr775

VnlaThndr775 Member

Nov 29, 2005
    Reno, NV
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One thing I learned from this tournament is there are a lot of folks on here obsessed with rape.:confused:

18. C.B.

C.B. New Member

Feb 20, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Who claimed it as their own? Either way like i said, America fans=Sour grapes. I don't blame you guys though. Can't really back down from picking wrong team.:D
    And what is it with like being team police? why does it concern you who roots for who?

19. Sakuragi

Sakuragi Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Bandwagoners are the lowest of the low. They don't have an established identity with their club, thus, they should not be considered fans of such club. I mean, I would feel dirty if a Chivas fan would be rooting for America in the Libertadores, such persons only deserve to be punched without remorse.

20. Danny47

Danny47 New Member

Feb 8, 2007

21. SoyOllin

SoyOllin Member+

Aug 14, 2006
    D TOWN
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Get off your high chair and go get a life. I cheer for America when they play for Libertadores and guess what I LIKE THE CHIVAS TOO.

Speaking of lower forms of life, people that talk crap on the internet are the real lower forms of life. Excuse me for cheering for more than one team, I didn't know it was such a crime.

22. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    You missed the line of thought: the first goal was clearly offsides.

23. C.B.

C.B. New Member

Feb 20, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You mean people like you?:rolleyes: Anyway im just saying, I have more than one club, Chivas is not my only team, Being as Mexico hardly ever plays. And im sure im not the only person that has other teams.
    And when im supporting another team that im not too much into(but that I do like to watch from time to time), it's not the same as when Im watching Chivas. Sure I enjoyed the hell out of Pachuca scoring on Dynamo, but it didnt hurt to watch dynamo scored, and the only Pachuca goal that had me jump up screaming "GOOOL!" was the last one from Giminez, Golazo btw;). But why does this bother you so much. Also I supported and liked watching america play south american teams and preferred them winning over their enemies being that america is a mexican league team and i'd like to think that our league is stronger. But just because I want them to beat out southamerican teams doesnt mean they're my team. Besides in Libertadores Toluca is my team(another team I enjoy watching from time to time, along with Barcelona, Wolfsburg, AC Milan, Chelsea, and Queretaro. Now I have alot of teams listed there. And your probably going to call me a bandwagoner(i think you already have). But I don't give a shit. I support more than one team, and my team is Chivas.

UCLA carlos, houstons first goal the ball left field. All of Pachuca's goals were legit. End of story, Pachuca sent dynamo home. And we have an all Mexican final.:cool:

24. Danny47

Danny47 New Member

Feb 8, 2007
    I completely agree with you C.B. While I don't really go for America in the Libertadores, I do however wish the best of luck to Toluca and Necaxa. I think you summed it up perfectly. Seeing Mexican teams succede agains South American teams,who have for many many years now have looked down on Mexicans, is very satisfying to many Mexicans and Mexican soccer supporters. I mean just look at Pachuca's victory in the Sudamericanca last year. I remeber how pissed I was when i saw the news reports that the Stadium Manaagaer for Colo Colo straight up slapped Pachuca in the face by not turning on the staduim lights for them to practice. Its little signs of disrespect like that that make victories over South American clubs even sweeter.

Also,to a lessrer degree, I find myself rooting for Spanish teams in the Champions Leauge. I may not be too fond of Valencia when they face off againts my Atletico squad but I will be behind them come Tuesday. Why? Beacuse they reperesent La Liga.

Overall, its bigger than your club. Its essentially about your nationality. Once again, great post C.B.

25. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Miracle of DVR says otherwise.

Even Ching's heel that touches the ball is on the in-bounds side of the line.

I watched it several times and paused at different points. The ball did NOT cross the line.

2nd pk: contact was made outside the box. The player's feet were totally outside the box. Davis' entire body was outside the box... so how could he foul a guy "inside the box"???

Again, I watched it on DVR, and it's quite clear that there was a foul but outside the box.

Pachuca's OT goal was shot over 6 seconds beyond the 15 minutes. That goes directly against the OT rules. Play is ended at 15 minutes, period. It's not like regulation time. Extra time is added after the 2nd period.

The better teams won, that's for sure. Pachuca earned and deserved the win. But it's worthwhile to bear in mind that while Pachuca dominated the run of play in the first half, they benefited heavily from ref mistakes on 3 of those 5 goals that y'all say constitute a "raping". While Houston scored 4 legit goals.

Give credit where credit is due. That's all.