2007/2008 BVB General Discussion Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by footyfan1, Aug 21, 2007.

1. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another reply to "BVB"....

+++++

"BVB" wrote:

Hey and which names do you suggest in the defense? Let's say that you should forget Amedick, because Doll doesn't give him a chance.

Weidenfeller, Dede, Kovac ? ?

My Response: Wait man. You can't ask me which names DO I SUGGEST and then tell me I should forget someone because the coach won't give him a chance.

If you want me to tell you who I think the coach will play, then ask me that.

If you ask me who I SUGGEST, then I get to name anyone I suggest whether the coach will play him or not.

My ideal BVB lineup with the players we have AVAILABLE now would look like this.

Goalkeeper: Weidenfeller - He's the best we have. Period.

Right Back: Degen - As badly as he sucks, he's the best we have. In my opinion, not getting someone good to push him was a mistake on management's part. In my opinion, management let their belief in Degen be stronger than their courage to do what is best for the club.

Central Defense: Kovac - Started out not so well, but I think his early "problem" was getting blamed for Christian Woerns' shortcomings and shit play more than anything he did or didn’t do himself. I think Kovac’s recent decent play has shown this.

Central Defense: Amedick – Yes, we all know for some reason, Doll doesn’t want to give Amedick a shot. That has to be one of the f#cking BVB mysteries of the season! And actually, I think so little of Brzenska, that I’d give Uwe Hünemeier a shot at competing with Brzenska for a spot on the pro team.

Let me put it this way. We’ve all heard the rumors that we could lose Amedick to Borussia Mönchengladbach. If we were to lose Amedick or Hünemeier to Gladbach, I would be so upset at BVB management that I think I’d have to step back a bit for my own health’s sake. For my own good.

If we were to lose Brzenska, I wouldn’t care one little bit. How he plays ahead of Amedick is a mystery to me. I really doubt that Brzenska is any better than Hünemeier.

Left Back: Dede – That is what we call a “no-brainer” in English…….

Sweeper (Mostly Defensively Oriented): Kehl – If he is truly back near 100% that is.

Sweeper (Mostly Offensively Oriented): Tinga – I think Tinga has been better for us at this position this season than Kehl has ever been. He’s also light years better than Kehl offensively.

Right Offensive Midfield: Federico – How they keep playing Kuba, I don’t know. We see that Kuba does have some pretty good qualities, but sooner or later, he has to PRODUCE! Two guys we keep playing who just never seem to produce anything are Kuba and Valdez. And Doll keeps throwing away points waiting for them to produce! Doll FINALLY benched Valdez last match, but put the even sorrier Klimowicz in the lineup instead of Federico.

I don’t understand this because Federico has already won two matches for us with match-winning goals this season and he was the leading scorer in the 2. Liga last season playing mostly as a right-sided attacking midfielder!! Not only does Federico have the quality, he has shown it and he has PRODUCED!

In my opinion, Federico is one of those guys you keep on the pitch if he’s having a good match or not because you never know when he’ll pull a goal from nothing. We’ve seen it twice already this season.

I'm not saying never play Kuba again. No. But right now, I'm sorry, I just can't see how the kid deserves to continue starting. Bring him off the bench against tired defenses.

Left Offensive Midfield: Kringe – Simply our most consistent player this season. Strong and solid. Second best player on the team so far this season in my opinion.

Striker: Petric – Our best player overall so far this season in my opinion.

Striker: Christopher Nöthe – I like what this kid has. He is not worse that Klimowicz. To me Nöthe is even more dangerous than Klimowicz and Klimowicz’ horrible touches and Valdez with his fear in front of the net.

Again, how Doll does not play guys like Amedick and Federico is beyond me! But, Doll also screwed up his team in Hamburg by refusing to play a couple of guys who deserved to play. One who definitely comes to mind is Mehdi Mahdavikia.

Mahdavikia was available this season on a free transfer and I thought we might get him to at least push Degen at right back, but all sources say he would not even consider playing for Thomas Doll again.

I fear Doll is making the same mistake with us and it may cost us two or three pretty good young talents…….

2. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guys, this is a “quick” overview of an interview with Zorc in yesterday’s “Kicker”.

And if there is still any doubt with any of you about this guy just not getting what is going on around him, then just read this!!

This interview convinces me that Zorc is a major part of the PROBLEM at BVB , not any part of the solution.

My comments within the transcription in italics.

Warning. There is lots of usage of the "F-Word" below. I don't think I've ever read an interview with a BVB figure that has ever made me angrier.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The heading says: “I Have Clear Vision”

The next paragraph basically said it is stormy times at BVB , but Zorc, part of the club’s foundation, fights on. Then Zorc is quoted as saying he’s been at BVB more than two decades and he’s rarely seen a phase where the coach, the players and personnel planning has been questioned so quickly and vigorously as now.

I will say to you guys if he doesn’t know WHY they are being questioned so quickly and vigorously, then he is truly clueless and deserves to be fired!!!

First question says after Petric commented on the problems at BVB in “kicker”, Doll commented on the lack of respect between the players and coaching staff at BVB . They then ask Zorc if Dortmund is “one big pool of sharks?”

Zorc then pretty much says, “I have to concede we are in the middle of the standings.

No shit Herr Zorc?! :rolleyes:

The kicker reporter, Thomas Hennecke, then says, “That is, you are In the lower half of the standings, you are only 13th.”

Zorc then says, “Yes, but we are the same amount of points away from a UEFA Cup spot as we are from a relegation spot?”

WHAT??!! Has he f#cking noticed that there are only three teams between us and relegation spot and there are eight f#cking teams between us and a UEFA Cup spot?? THAT IS WHAT F#(KING COUNTS RIGHT NOW!!

Hennecke then says, “And on the other hand?”

Zorc then makes the comment about having been at BVB more than two decades and rarely seeing a phase where the coach, the players and personnel planning has been questioned so quickly and vigorously as now.

Hennecke then asks, “Did you not push off the blame for the sporting failures on the media just a bit too easily?”

Zorc replies: “No one did that. There are also strong sporting reasons for the failure. It is just hard to work in these surroundings when everyone is nervous because after every setback everyone is questioned. The further you move away from Dortmund , the more this unrest can be chalked up to lack of understanding.

I’m sorry. If he really believes this shit, then he’s nothing about a crybaby b!tch! Every team in the f#cking Bundesliga is scrutinized by their local media people and by the national media! BVB doesn’t get it stronger than any other club aspiring to make it into Europe!

BVB just f#cking cries about it more and uses it as a f#cking excuse to fail!!!

I am so sick of this shit!!! Zorc and Watzke always in the media crying like little B!TCHES!!

“Waah! Why are they talking badly about us??! Waaah! Why are they questioning us?!!

BECAUSE YOU ARE F#CKING FAILING MISERABLY AT WHAT IT IS YOU ARE TRYING TO DO AND YOU HAVE EVERY F#CKING EXCUSE BESIDES LOOKING AT YOUR OWN F#(KING MISTAKES!!!

GET SOME F#CKING COURAGE AND HEART YOU BITCH ZORC!!!

NO WONDER OUR TEAMS HAVE NO HEART! LOOK AT THE F#CKING BITCH "LEADING" THEM!!!
    :mad:

Another person wrote about my comments: “Very good point. That is what you said about the leadership again, if the club is run so badly how is the team ever going to change. Not if Zorc whines even more than they do.”

Hennecke then asked: “Doll has been questioned this season because of his leadership style. Should he become harder? More demanding? More authoritarian?

Zorc says: “The coach has his own style. Believe me, it appears much different to someone on the inside as it does to someone on the outside. He presents his demand to players clearly and without a shadow of a doubt.”

If that is the case, Doll’s plans must suck then. Because at least to me, the team always winds up looking undisciplined and disorganized. And when they realize the other team is usually playing in a tactical formation perfectly suited to counter Doll’s tactics, the players get frustrated quickly.

Hennecke asks: “Doll, whose contract expires in 2008 (at the end of this season) has said he wants to “stand Dortmund up correctly.” Your contract also expires in 2008. Does this also go for you?

Zorc replies: “I cannot stress this more. We took over a club in disarray.”

Wait. Wasn’t Zorc part of the team WHO PUT THE F#CKING CLUB IN DISARRAY??!!

THIS GUY HAS A F#CKING BULLSHIT EXCUSE FOR EVERYTHING!!!

Hennecke then says, “Something you are not entirely innocent of?”

(In other words, Hennecke just put it to his face that he was part of the team who put the club in this horrible place!)

GOOD ON HENNECKE!!

Zorc replies: I am guilty of that. However, we’ve weeded out the problems, smoothed the ground and planted flowers. They just aren’t growing as quickly as we would like. In one or two season we will be in a position to acquire larger plants. I would gladly remain to see this process take shape.

I’m glad he can see that, because I sure as hell don’t. I see the same old problems we’ve had for the last four or five years. An underachieving team that plays with little or no heart. And now that I’ve seen this interview, I understand why they might not have any confidence in their leadership. The players can continue to make excuses to fail because instead of admitting he didn’t do everything he needed to do to give the players every chance to win, Zorc comes up with every f#cking bullshit excuse in the book! It gives the players a license to make excuses whenever they fail and that is what we keep seeing from season to season at BVB!!!

Why can’t anyone in an authority position see this??!!

Hennecke then asked: “Are you uncertain whether your BVB contract will be extended or not?”

Zorc replies: “No. We had long decided to discuss everything over the winter break. I have a clear vision over the sporting perspective and the personnel situation within this club. This will not just be decided by whether we are tenth or twelfth during the winter break or whether we have a point ore more less. What will be decisive are philosophy and perspective.

All I will say is that I hope Herr Watzke has a horrible surprise for this guy. If he has such a “clear vision”, why the f#ck are we even entertaining the thought of taking a f#cking BayScum amateur defender on loan to help our team when we have two f#cking fully capable young central defenders right on our amateur team??!!

Why the f#ck has he been trying to find a true central midfielder since Andy Möller f#cking left town??

This is football, its not f#cking rocket science! I think the guy who wrote that SportBild column calling for Zorc’s firing awhile back was right on the money.

When Zorc took over as Sport Director, we had one of the top clubs in Europe and possibly the world. We were the one true threat to Bayern’s domination. And Bayern didn’t have to f#cking destroy us. Our own people, INCLUDING ZORC, did it for them!

I say this sorry b!tch a$$ mother f#cker needs to go!!! I can’t remember being angrier after reading just part of a f#cking interview!!!

Hennecke then says, “Victories would improve your chances…..” (I love it!!!)

Zorc replies: “That’s how it is. I am thoroughly convinced we will be in a much better position at the end of the season than where we are now.”

Hmmm, let’s see, where the f#ck have I heard that before??

And I say that with as much sarcasm as you can find on this earth!!

Hennecke then says, “Beautiful, but what makes you so certain of this?”

Zorc replies: “Different factors will change, positive omens will emerge.”

Is it just me, or does Zorc sound like a fortune teller and not the General Manger of one of the biggest clubs in Germany here? Could you ever see Uli Hoeness giving such a response?

Hennecke then predictably asks, “Which ones?”

Zorc replies: “The team structure was too fragile before. As well as players such as Alexander Frei and Sebastian Kehl, who should be filling leadership roles, will return. They are getting in shape and will make their comebacks one step at time. In addition they will contribute in other areas that are unstable and bring stabilization to the team.”

Usually, I would say this is not an unreasonable assumption. However, we’ve had these same problems with these two in the lineup before. What is going to change now?? How the f#ck can Michael Zorc sit there and tell me that the answer to this team’s problems is one guy who has been a part of the problem for the past five years and another who was so pissed off at the end of last season, he was considering leaving the club??!! How the hell can he tell me shit like that and expect me to just buy into it??!!

Hennecke then asks, “Doll had once again criticized the mentality of the team. He wants to see more attitude, more fire, more guts. Have you only signed “sweet boys” for the team?

Zorc replies: “That is a provocative question. Different players have to establish fight within themselves. Just the collective leadership of a team is not enough to ensure sustained success. But that will change.”

I don’t think that is a “provocative question”, I think it’s a GOOD F#(KING QUESTION! One I thought no reporter had the heart to ask Zorc!!

Hennecke then asks: “Are you putting all your hopes on Frei and Kehl?”

Zorc replies: “The team will gel. Kuba will begin to play at a higher level more consistently, Kovac will stabilize us at the back and Tinga is becoming more important to us in central (defensive) midfield.

You know what? Replace “Kuba” with “Pienaar”, “Kovac” with “Brzenska” and leave Tinga’s name where it is and this is the SAME F#CKING SHIT THEY WERE SAYING LAST SEASON!!!!

Hennecke asks: “There are subtle questions surrounding Florian Kringe’s status. Can Dortmund compete if a club such as Bremen comes after him?”

Zorc replies: “ Bremen actually has a better sporting situation, but I see Florian in a long-term leadership role at BVB …..”

Really? That might be your “clear vision” Herr Zorc, but what if young Herr Kringe would rather go to Bremen and play in the Champions’ League rather than waste his time in Dortmund because your f#cking stupid, incompetent ass is too much of an idiot to get the team the pieces it needs to move forward??!!!

Hennecke asks: “If that is enough to make him want to extend in Dortmund ?”

Zorc replies: “We are working hard to get this done. And, Florian totally identifies with BVB.”

This is the first f#cking thing he’s said in this entire interview that I can say I’m with him on!

Hennecke asks: “How concrete is your interest in Dynamo Zagreb’s right back Etto?”

Zorc replies: “I will not comment on names at this point. We are in contract negotiations with a player (Editor: For example, with Philipp Degen). We will not be unprepared.”

I think he’s finally got it. If you keep Degen, bring in some competition to push him and give you another option when Degen plays like shit (Which Degen inevitably will….) or to beat out Degen and relegate Degen to a backup position..

My closing comments: I’m sorry. I didn’t have much confidence or respect for Zorc even before reading this interview. After reading this interview, I have ZERO confidence and only very little respect because of what he meant to the club and the fans as a player. As an executive, I believe Michael Zorc is COMPLETELY CLUELESS.

I even tried to stop calling him that in the past, but to me, this interview just confirms that he doesn’t have a clue and he is simply HOPING like the us fans instead of taking control of the f#cking situation as a strong executive should!!

I used to accuse Hans-Joachim Watzke of believing his own bulls#it too much. However, after reading this, I am beginning to wonder if it isn’t Watzke having total belief in ZORC’S BULLS#IT!!!

Either way, I think this interview gives a better insight into the problems at the club and I believe I was right. The major part of the problems start at the top and are based in managerial incompetence. I think that incompetence leads to the instability on a team that has to be wondering when management will get them all the pieces they need to compete with the big boys.

After reading this, while I do hope I am wrong, I feel that if we extend with Zorc, this sorry b!tch ass SOB will have this club in 1860’s position soon. In the 2nd Bundesliga and nearly bankrupt.

I can’t stand people who come up with f#cking bullshit excuses for every little thing instead of facing their mistakes head on and correcting them.

This club will never get fixed if no one will acknowledge the true problem…….

And that's the saddest thing about this entire scenario. The people making the mistakes refuse to acknowledge them and instead of doing so and making corrections, this club is stuck in "no man's land" between mediocrity and complete failure.

It is just f#cking sad......... :(

3. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guys, it looks like nothing is going to change at BVB anytime soon. At the yearly membership meeting last night, the players were whistled and booed, but Watzke defended the club idiot Michael Zorc, at one point even going as far as giving Zorc credit for the money brought in by the David Odonkor transfer.

That was a great deal. But Zorc had as much a part in making it happen as I did!

Odonkor was the one who went to Betis and got them to make Dortmund an offer for him and Odonkor still had to BEG them to let him go!!!

The only good news to come out of the meeting last night was the word that Florian Kringe extended with us until 2012.

4. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
  5. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thoughts on my latest "rant" at the BVB Interactive Boards??

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Marian (After he slammed Amedick and Weidenfeller)

Man, your comments about Amedick are misinformed and totally out of line!

AGAIN! I WAS AT THE MATCH! AS CLOSE TO THE FIELD AS YOU CAN GET WITHOUT BEING PART OF ONE OF THE CLUBS!!

There was no, I repeat, NO FEAR in Amedick's game! It was just obvious that he was playing OUT OF POSITION and it showed at times!

But let's go to a neutral source. Kicker magazine. The most respected here in Germany.

Amedick was rated a "4". That's average. The ONLY player rated higher on our team was Sebastian Kehl and I think he got that more for his "comeback" than anything!

I think you are barking up the wrong tree picking on a damned central defender who is playing out of position because the f#cking idiot coach won't give him a shot at his natural position!

And on Weidenfeller. Look back and tell me where I've said Weidenfeller doesn't make mistakes. Show me that. Do I defend him a lot? Hell yeah. Why? Because MOST of the goals he's given up this season have not been his fault and yet uninformed people like yourself continue to assault him as if they are!

I see EVERY MATCH! Some more than once. I analyze these matches! Yeah, Weidenfeller is a popular whipping boy with the fans and media right now and yes, his performances recently have regressed, but to put the blame on him is f#cking STUPID in my opinion.

It is f#cking stupid, it is f#cking easy and it is very f#cking LAZY!

No keeper would look good in the BVB goal right now. NOT ONE!!

And for me, the reason Weidenfeller is regressing is because we have another former scrub f#cking player who apparently isn't doing his f#cking job as a goalkeeping coach! When a player as good as Weidenfeller is begins to regress as he has, QUESTION THE COACHING!!

But no. You can't do that because it might cause you TO THINK!!!

When Weidenfeller joined us, he was on the list of possible future Germany #1's. He came out of Gerry Ehrmann's goalkeeper machine in Kaiserslautern that also spawned Tim Wiese, made Georg Koch a better keeper and put old ass Andreas Reinke on the map and extended his career. He's injured right now, but guess who was keeping Manuel Neuer out of the Germany U-21 goal for a stretch?? Kaiserslautern's Florian Fromlowitz.

Get Weidenfeller a better goalkeeping coach and you'll see the kid who made it possible to sell Jens Lehmann!

But again, that's too much thinking and information for the average fan to f#cking process, isn't it?!!

Our major problems are not the defense and Weidenfeller! Our problems spring from something you said yourself before Marian!

WE HAVE NOTHING IN MIDFIELD!! OUR MIDFIELD IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO CONTROL A MATCH!!!

Kuba can't keep a ball to save his life and when he does, he doesn't seem to know what to do with it! Kringe also loses his share of balls and like Tinga is much better at winning the ball than doing something with it offensively.

The only player we have on the pitch who seems to know how to keep control of the ball is Petric and he cannot do that and score goals too!

When you have a pathetic midfield such as we do, the strikers are usually tired and out of position because they have to come back to help win balls for the pathetic midfielders!

And when they can't, the defenders get overrun because the idiots who just lost the midfield battle for the ball are standing there with their f#cking heads down instead of getting back to help the defense and Weidenfeller!!

If you watched our matches and put some thought into what you saw, you just might see that!

I criticize a lot. I criticize more than most people and too much for the taste of many of our fellow Dortmund fans.

And I really don't care what many of them/you think. I think they don't want to see the problems and are too f#cking timid to try to do something about it.

But I will tell you this. When I do criticize? I make sure I know what the hell I'm talking about.

Anyone can criticize. But unless your criticism is based on an INFORMED opinion, you are just talking shit.......

6. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    David

You are right. I didn't say anyone was "decent" in Nuernberg. But I do think two starting players and two substitutes actually were. The starting players are Kehl and Petric. Kehl fought his ass off and Petric just had very little help up front from that lazy, sorry f#ck Klimowicz!

I also think Federico and Valdez gave decent efforts off the bench. But again, no one else stepped up to help fight the very aggressive Nuernberg midfield.

@BVB

I understand what you mean about Borussia being your passion. Your heart. Borussia is to me. That is why I send opinions and responses the way I do. The only things on this earth I love more than Borussia Dortmund are my family and my country.

Most of the rants you see from me come from a man in serious pain because he can't stand to see the club he loves so much being brought down from within by people he knows loves the club as much as he does, but they seemingly don't have to courage to take an honest look at what they are doing to see where they are going wrong.

It hurts man. It hurts very badly. I hope you can understand me.......

7. Kuba16

Kuba16 New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Hey, i love your posts and responses, but who exactly are you responding to? who's bvb and who's david? lol

8. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

People on the interactive board on the Official BVB Site. I just didn't have time to edit those responses.....

9. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My comments within the posted article below.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Decision During The Winter Break

Zorc And Doll Fight For New Contracts At BVB

Dortmund (dpa) – Speculation is rising, but Borussia Dortmund’s leadership is keeping things under wraps. No one at the club desires to speak of the futures of Thomas Doll and Michael Zorc.

A decision on whether the sport director and coach will have their contracts extended or if they will be allowed to expire at the end of the season is not to come until the winter break. Club President Reinhard Rauball sees no reason to rush. “We do not allow the media to run things here. What will be important to us are if strategies are recognizable and further sports-related developments occur.”

***I don’t know about you guys, but to me, that looks like the team is playing for Doll and Zorc’s jobs in these final two matches before the break. I want us to do well, but if losing to Bielefeld and Wolfsburg would insure both these clowns get fired, my heart would not be broken if we lose.………

Just weeks ago, their fates seemed to be connected. However, now, separate decisions on the two men are not out of the question. For a late September dispute between Zorc and Doll at Dortmund Airport brought on the first speculation of division between the two men. For the Director of Sport, this is yesterday’s news. “This thing has been long handled. We settled our differences and pull together.”

If the mood at the BVB General Membership Meeting two weeks ago is any indicator, the long-time BVB player and executive has a good chance for his extension. Praise from Managing Director Hans-Joachim Watzke on Zorc’s skill in the lucrative Odonkor transfer to Spain and on Florian Kringe’s contract extension was accompanied by applause from the membership. On the other hand, approval for Doll was a bit less. Watzke will not use that entrance as a deciding factor. “That was baseless.”

***I will say this again. The membership and some fans up there must be really f#cking stupid if they are buying that f#cking BULLSHIT Watzke fed them that Zorc made the Odonkor and Kringe deals happen! First of all, from everything that was made public, Zorc had about as much to do with that Odonkor deal as I did! From everything we were told, not only did Odonkor and his agent bring Betis to BVB with Betis already making the 6M offer, BVB F#CKING TRIED TO CONVINCE ODONKOR TO STAY!! How the f#ck can they take credit for a deal they originally didn’t want to do??!!

Second, all signs indicated that Florian Kringe wasn’t going anywhere! I think that kid’s love for BVB is what kept him here, not anything that f#cking fake ass f#cking fraud Zorc did!!!

The flattering from club leadership and the membership’s applause visibly did Zorc good. The Dortmund cornerstone, who has been at the club for nearly three decades, had been the focus of harsh media criticism. Rauball considers the many reports of failed purchases to be exaggerated. “I will not allow Michael Zorc to be sacrificed to the public. He does his work well”, said the Bundesliga President, while reminding people of two good transfers, Alexander Frei and Mladen Petric.

***This shit makes me SICK!! For every Frei, there is a Klimowicz or Valdez! For every Petric, there is an Ikpeba or premature sale of Lehmann, Barbarez or Smolarek!! The list of Zorc’s failures is far longer than the list of his successes!!!

Rauball holds a similiar, but slightly different opinion on Doll. Doll, who has been criticized as he was in Hamburg for being too “chummy” with his players. “The coach has proven he can lead a team under difficult conditions and with spirit as he did it last season as well”, stated the lawyer. He is not alone in this opinion. Watzke also expressed his “complete confidence irrespective of what happens in the final first round matches.” However, beware of using these words as an indication of Doll’s further employment. A year ago, Watzked used almost the very same words in standing behind coach Bert van Marwijk. And just a few weeks later, he was announcing the coach’s departure.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

10. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    David Moyes has come out and said that Pienaar will not be bought in January. He has been utterly fantastic for us, best signing this year, even better than Yakubu, who scored a hat trick. He's even got his own chant, which made it on to the BBC.

"I am the Music Man.
    I come from far away.
    And I can play (what can you play?)
    I Play The Pienaar!
    Pi Pi Pienaaaaaar!"
    Everton's new song for Steven Pienaar, to the tune of The Music Man.

I think he was (again) having the same problem that Rosicky had at Dortmund, that he can't be the focus offensively. He has really good work rate and seems to play very well at LM.

11. Dagegen

Dagegen Member

Jul 16, 2007
    He has been utterly fantastic and still Moyes doesn't want to sign him?

Strange world...

But i will be happy enough to take him back, i always thought that he has a lot of potential.
    And since Kuba should continue to play as a right back(i hope so), Pienaar could perhaps play as a right or left midfielder, next to Federico.

Edit:I just noticed that it doesn't mean he isn't signing him at all, just not in january. :-|

12. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Everton will wind up signing him unless his game just goes to shit.

And once again, BVB's resident genius Michael Zorc does buy good talent, but buys them for the wrong f&cking positions!

This is even with our best buy this season to date Mladen Petric. Petric is a pure striker. Great talent.

Zorc loaned Pienaar out to put this STRIKER in midfield!!

And BVB is probably going to f#cking keep Zorc in his job!

What idiots.......

13. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    YEA and they're sellin him for peanuts as welll...(well to us its peanuts)

14. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's peanuts period. There's a reason I call BVB "leadership" "Doll and the Idiot Twins....."

15. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After Match Day 16 - How we are in the top ten is beyond me!

BUT I'M HAPPY ABOUT IT!! ;)

16. AMK3

AMK3 New Member

May 26, 2006
    Sheffield/ Barnsley
    Has anyone read about, the potential free transfer of, Kehl ? to Atletico Madrid recently. http://http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=69461, i know it's tribalfootball and they like to make stuff up but i could actually see this happening, especially as a they let Metzelder go on a free. Kehl could follow to spain, which would end up being a big blow to the team.

17. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yeah, I read it and immediately dismissed it as wild speculation.

I think you can calm down.

It's just TribalFootball picking up on "Bild" speculation.

If you had believed "Bild" just a month or two ago, Florian Kringe would be playing for Bremen next season.

Instead of following the "Bild" speculation, Florian Kringe signed a nice extension with us and most signs point to Sebastian Kehl doing the same thing.......

Not a sure thing, no, but he's more likely to stay than leave. I think BVB will get this done during the winter break. They'll probably make Kehl the highest paid player on the team.

18. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone want to take on any of these subjects??

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Team Depth/Replacements: You are right on when you said our replacements simply are not good enough.

This is why I get so upset when people blame Doll or the players when they should be blaming MICHAEL ZORC!

This team does not have the depth it needs to win. And that is not Thomas Doll's fault, THAT IS MICHAEL ZORC'S FAULT!!

Our "Potential": We definitely have it. The problem is, we seem to only show it when Kehl and Kringe are on the field and they were both missing on Saturday.

When you said “During the winter break Doll can do some good for our BVB”: What did you mean there? If you meant signing new players, Doll doesn’t do that. Zorc does.

Our future lineup:

Weidenfeller: He needs a better coach. One who can rebuild his confidence. That arrogance he had seems to be missing and without that, we may as well play Marc Ziegler.

Defense: I liked your Amedick comments, but think you are wrong on Kovac. I think Kovac should finish out this season and start next season unless we can get someone like Maik Franz from KSC. Then, we keep Kovac around to back up and mentor Amedick, Franz and hopefully Uwe Hünemeier and Markus Brzenska. Kind of like what Jürgen Kohler did for Metzelder.

Why were you talking about Eggimann? The KSC defender we are interested in is Franz.

And as I said in other places, Wörns needs to f#(king retire!

Your Metzelder Comment: Why do you miss Metzelder so much? He had not really done anything for us in over a year. Hell, last season, he played left back and right back better than he did in the center!

If you miss him so much, turn on a Real Madrid match. Just wait for the camera to go over the bench and you will see him.

I loved him too. I got to talk to him at the stadium back in 2002-2003. I wanted to keep him too. But I see now he is not what we are missing on defense.

But I would have loved to have seen him and Amedick play together.....

Your Kehl extension comment: I think he will extend, but for only one or two seasons. To see where the club is headed.

Pienaar: We can’t tell what Everton will do. That will be decided by Pienaar’s play in the post season. Honestly, I hope Everton sends him back. Why? Because as far as we know, there will be no negotiating Pienaar’s transfer fee to Everton. Word is that in the loan deal, a transfer fee is set at 3.5M Euros. Which of course, is PEANUTS to Everton. If that is true, just chalk it up as another Michael Zorc f#ck up. They will say, “Well, we got the player free, we made 3.5M Euros.” That is normally good. If you are dealing with another German team. Dealing with an English team, you make the price around 5-6M Euros. I think if they send him back, we might be able to get 5-6M from another English side. One of the lower clubs. Like Newcastle. LOL!

Tinga: I agree with your comments. This is a good one for Zorc, but from what I was told, we got Tinga because Dede recommended him!

Kuba: Again, just because someone is young with “potential”, it doesn’t mean they will ever reach that potential. How many of you remember Vladimir But and Ibrahim Tanko? Perfect examples of guys who were already as good as they were going to get at a young age!

Federico: Disagree with your comments. Federico is a better midfielder than striker, but not a central midfielder! Federico needs to play as an attacking winger from the right. But, they insist on playing Kuba’s sorry a$$ (Kuba has been "sorry" at right midfield so far!) there. Let’s see. Federico, three goals (including two match winners) and an assist this season, while he was the catalyst on at least four others. Kuba, zero goals, four assists, not the catalyst on as many others as Federico. I know who I’d play there…..

Sahin: Not worth mentioning. He wasn’t doing much when he left and if he doesn’t show improvement after his return from Feyenoord, he will be on the bench next season behind the new central midfielder they will buy after the season. More than likely Hajnal. Sorry. I can’t be a “regular fan.” I am only interested in what a player can truly do for this club. Sahin might be better off playing for Bert van Marwijk (BvM) permanently. I don’t feel he’ll reach his potential at BVB because we just suck at developing young talent. We do. We suck at it. The only coach since Hitzfeld who was good at developing young talent was BvM and we were stupid enough to run him off. Guys like Weidenfeller, Sahin, Odonkor and even Rosicky were starting to develop more under BvM. Look at Weidefeller’s regression now…..

Valdez and Klimowicz: Honestly, I hope they are both gone next season.

Participation in the UEFA Cup: We have a chance, but we need to stay healthy in the second half of the season. That will be hard to do.

Also a member of the G-14: That means nothing. They just haven’t kicked us out. My advice? Stop trying to hold on to the past glory. We were an elite European club ten years ago. We are not anymore and we have no one to blame for it but ourselves!!

If you can realize that BVB is not an elite club not only in Europe anymore, but not even in the Bundesliga anymore, then you should be able to take what is going on and hope our management finally get their heads out of their a$$e$ and finds a way to take this club forward again. Right now, they are just running in quicksand.

I realize management’s job is not easy, but it is not rocket science either. It just seems to be too hard for the guys we’ve got doing it……

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

19. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All, it seems Thomas Doll is close to an extension. Today, Watzke said he expects Doll's extension to be completed "within days" and that only "details" need to be worked out.

However, the author of the article I read speculated those "details" might actually only be one thing.

Length of the extension. The writer speculated that Doll wants a two-year extension whereas the club (read: Watzke), only wants to grant a one-year extension as was given to Michael Zorc.

So perhaps there is still a chance Doll won't be extended! Here's to hoping! :cool:

20. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I think Moyes would be bonkers if he sent Pienaar back. Even if he doesn't want him back, I'd buy him, and then sell him for his real value to someone like Newcastle, who'd probably pay 10 mio euros for him!!

Its a nonsense deal by the Dortmund end.

21. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Dude. Have you not heeded a word I've said about Dortmund management?

THEY ARE IDIOTS!

BVB management was too stupid to realize that Pienaar is not a number 10, never has been a number 10 and probably never will be a number 10. Like Rosicky, who they also made miserable by trying to force him to be a number 10, Pienaar would have been better off as a #7 as he is at Everton.

BVB management has too much patience with players who suck, but they like or paid too much money for (Read: Valdez) and are not patient enough with the ones who are good, but just need a little more time. (Read: Pienaar)

No player improved more under Thomas Doll last season than Pienaar.

After we lost our final match in Leverkusen last season, Thomas Doll said, "We really missed Pienaar. If he played today, we might have won." Pienaar was out with an injury. And I think Doll was right.

And what does stupid f#cking management do? They loan him out and spend nearly another 3M on another player who needs to get used to the Bundesliga. They didn't even buy another #10!

Oh, excuse me. They thought they did. He's just turned out to be our best STRIKER this season!

BVB management is our own worst f#cking enemy! :mad:

22. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For those who do not know, BVB played in a mini-tournament yesterday (Saturday) in Duesseldorf.

Matches consisted of one 45 minute period.

BVB won their "semi-final" 5-0 against Leverkusen. However, again, it was just a 45 minute warm up match. Nothing to really get excited about in my opinion.

As you can see on the BVB Official Website English news page, we lost the "final" 1-0 to third division club and hosts Fortuna Duesseldorf.

But as Leverkusen did against us, Thomas Doll did some experimenting in that second match.

The central defense looked terrible on the goal.

Who was in central defense for it?

Woerns and Brzenska......

I hope we never see those two on the pitch again. I thought they were crap compared to Amedick and Kovac.

Amedick and Kovac looked all right in that first match, though Kovac did look a bit shaky at first. I thought he settled down nicely.

But he also didn't really have much to do as I believe Leverkusen pretty much gave in after our second goal.

I feel we will know where the team truly is on the 29th when we face Bremen.

Having watched the tournament yesterday and again this morning, I will tell you that the one player I was truly a bit impressed with is Rukavina. Most of the others played well too, but I was keeping my eye on Rukavina.

He seems more sure of himself on the field than Degen does. Shows more confidence in what he's doing. That is the same reason I thought that last year Amedick was already better than Brzenska. Amedick is proving that to be true.

I think Rukavina will also prove to be better than Degen.

For me, that was the only important part of yesterday's tournament. To get a good look at Rukavina.

It is also good that Hummels can back-up at right back or left back.

As far as offense goes, I'll be impressed with something like that first match when they do it again in the Bundesliga.

23. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BVB won their final test match before facing Werder Bremen this coming Tuesday in the German Cup round of 16.

They beat fifth-placed Belgian League team KAA Gent 2-1. Valdez scored both goals.

He always scores when the matches don't count.

Match Report In English At The Official BVB Website

24. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BVB and Thomas Doll got Doll's contract extension done. Doll was extended through the 2009-2010 season. Two years.

Zorc only got one. Hmmmm.....

25. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    hmmm, indeed. Possible candidate for the job..., anyone?

Let's face it, 1 year is not that long a time.