2007/2008 BVB General Discussion Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by footyfan1, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    AC Milan are looking into him...those are, of course, only rumours that are out on the street so please don't hold me to it.

2. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

For those of you who don't read German, this is what one of our people on our e-mail list wrote about it.....

Kicker posted that article yesterday. It says that Doll is thinking about quitting after this season because he is annoyed that all the discussions they have always reach the public eventually, like the arguments he had with Watzke and Zorc and the discussions about the mental coach this week. He says he finds that very disappointing and when they asked him if that could influence his future plans he replied that right now he is only thinking about the Leverkusen match but if he thinks further than that, those things matter and that he is not in the mood to deal with that all the time.

San

Guys, it would not bother me at all if Doll left tomorrow.....

3. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Someone should probably tell him that he doesn't need to not wait that long on our account!!!

4. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sent this to our e-mail list earlier today........

After doing this story, I understand Doll's side of the spat more.

This is clearly not just about two outbursts from Watzke and Zorc.

This is clearly more than that.

And I think it gives further credit to my theory that our problems begin in management. If a f#cking coach like Doll can't stand working with these guys, then who will??

Doll Threatens To Leave BVB

Dortmund (westline) - The silly game of indiscretions and animosity is still swirling around Borussia Dortmund. On Monday afternoon, coach Thomas Doll, whose contract extension status after 2008 is hanging on the goodwill of BVB management, went on the offensive.

The coach has been taken aback that supposed internal struggles with substance and temprament issues with business boss Hans-Joachim Watzke and Director of Sport Michael Zorc have shown up in newspapers. Doll says, “I find it annoying that new issue are opened and deceitful ways have been used. I don’t understand it. It is very disappointing!” He summarized by saying “Outside (the club) BVB does not have a good reputation.”

Gossipy Culture

Now the coach has made a veiled threat to pack his bags in the summer. When asked if Borussia’s “gossipy culture” would influence his future plans, he replied, “Looking forward, yes, such things play a large role.” He has no desire to deal with this. It requires too much energy.

Recently there have been accusations that Doll allows “mental trainer” Jürgen Lohr to influence him too strongly. And at Dortmund airport before the 3-1 loss in Karlsruhe , Doll had a run-in with Zorc over Lohr and public criticism of the team. Zorc said the team played “cowardly football” and Watzke stated something to the effect of the football being sickening (?)

On Monday afternoon, Watzke showed understanding for the outburst. "On some things, yes, he is correct." However, Watzke himself maintains full confidence in Doll. Rumors on differences between them should be “taken out of circulation.” Watzke still plans to discuss a contract extension with Zorc and Doll this winter.

5. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Maybe we should start a magazine…you know, one of those like “The Sun”, “National Enquire” or some other kind of tabloid/paparazzi/gossip news dedicated solely to BvB. You know, to help speed things up!!

6. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'm sorry man, but I don't think that's funny. As I said on the list, one of my old reporter friends told me awhile back that the word going around the league is that you don't want to work at BVB for Hans-Joachim Watzke.

To me, this shit proves that they have a point. Don't get me wrong. I still want this guy gone too, but not if we can't get anyone better because no one wants to work for the self-absorbed football moron running the club.

7. Hypo-Luxa

Hypo-Luxa New Member

Oct 13, 2002
    Austin,TX
    There's a chance Joe Torre will be available. I wonder if he could coach footy...he definitely handles the self-absorbed moron owner pretty well. hehe

But that's the fear I have with all of this coming to light. Now only young and up-and-comers or retreads or managers from inferior leagues will want to manage BvB. I'd like Doll gone as well, but not if it hurts the club in the long run.

8. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Old news. van Buyten has already publicly stated he does not want to leave Bayern. BVB don't seem to be actually considering Kyrgiakos.

Dude, I take it you don't follow the list much anymore? We covered all this earlier this week.

Actually, I think we may have covered it last week.....

BVB claims they don't have the money for an "expensive transfer" and they would look for a loan deal.

That is whay van Buyten was mentioned again, but again, van Buyten quickly shot it down.

Westline speculates that Kyrgiakos doesn't have the "explosivness" BVB is looking for. Stuttgart are the acknowledged frontrunners for him right now.

I think instead of spending more money, they need to give Martin Amedick another shot, but the f#cking idiots seem to too thick to figure that out.

9. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I go one every now and again and I got to sort through like 4-5 pages because so many peopler have either posted or replied in only a few days!

10. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    KC posted this to our e-mail list earlier today:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A story in today's SportBild says that Zorc had an encounter with Petric after the Duisburg match 13 weeks ago, because Petric keps saying in interviews that he's a striker and not a midfielder.

Zorc claimed Petric himself had wanted the #10 jersey (and the midfield role) when he signed with BVB.

Doll keeps playing Petric in offense now and therefore openly opposed Zorc.

Petric's goal tally speaks for Doll.

Zorc then apparently used this all as a pretext to confront Doll and his handling of the team.

But Watzke seems to support Doll and in the legendary 4-hour meeting in a restaurant, "decisions were made" - pro Doll, contra Zorc. Watzke was also quoted as saying "Doll has the final word and if Petric plays striker, then Petric plays striker." Sport Bild claims that Watzke has promised Doll two new players in the winter-break: a young central defender and a playmaker.

It looks like Doll's contract will be extended, too.

And Zorc will only get a new offer if BVB are in the top half of the Bundesliga in the winter-break.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

My comments: I have not sat and read the article yet, but I'd already heard about it.

Here's what pisses me off about the "promised new personnel."

1) This would have never happened had idiot Zorc gone after a real play maker in the summer. Looking back, we should have gambled and bought both Petric and Rakitic. But it is easy to look back.

2) If we buy a new young central defender and a new play maker, what the hell do we do with Amedick and Sahin next season?

3) What players are available at both positions? Who are they looking at?

On who might get new contracts. Honestly, I wish Doll and Zorc would both go away. And I wish Watzke would stick to just the financial side of the house.

But since that dream will not come true, I guess I'll just "enjoy the ride" like the rest of you.......

Mediocrity, we're here to stay!!!

Another thing on this article - on Zorc claiming Petric wanted the #10 and to play central midfield.....

Does this remind anyone of the same shit they said when we got Rosicky??

BVB management (I guess Zorc) wanted to make Rosicky the "new Andy Möller", despite the fact that Rosicky had been a #7 (He wore #25 though) through his career with Sparta Prague.

They forced him to be a play maker. And when he wasn't a great one, the section of our fans I call "the idiots" crucified Rosicky for it. Arsene Wenger has not made that mistake.

Now, it looks like Zorc wanted to do the same to Petric, but this time had a coach who did what he wanted. Although, I don't see Sammer bowing to any "demand" from Zorc with Rosicky. I just think in this case, Doll was smart enough to see what he had when they were forced to play Petric up front.

What is crazy about this is that Zorc finally gets a winner of a purchase and apparently Zorc himself is the one trying to ******** it up.

If this story is true, Zorc has to go.........

Bring in as the next BVB Director of Sport:

JÜRGEN KOHLER, FUSSBALLGOTT!! :D

11. Hypo-Luxa

Hypo-Luxa New Member

Oct 13, 2002
    Austin,TX
    Y'know I read this a few days ago when you first posted it and it was a lot to digest. I mean we're talking about factions within the top tiers of the club! How are the players expected to focus on their play when they have no idea what's going on with the people who coach and sign their paychecks?

Turbulent may be too strong of a word, but this stuff needs to stop or else I cannot see winning anything more than 7th-12th place in the League. Chaotic backrooms are not good breeding grounds for success.

Also this stuff is so sophomoric you'd expect to see it in an epsiode of that terrible Dream Team show, not in the real world. Disappointing, but it seems Doll has exhibited some real moxy in defying Zorc and going with what he sees as a necessity as a coach. Y'know maybe Petric did mention he'd like to be a playmaker. But if it doesn't work or Doll doesn't see it happening, then don't try and force it! If Zorc wanted to hire a puppet, then he got the wrong guy in Doll.

I really do hate it when clubs/supporters/agents try and force players to be leaders because of assinine reasons (size of contract, superior ability of player, seniority in the side/game). Trying to force a player to change positions/roles and become something so different as playmaker from striker is along the same lines falls under the same realm as forcing a captaincy/team leader on a player. As the saying goes "Don't try and push a rope".

Sorry for the rant, but I hate to see idiotic high school type bickering undermine the club that I support. If I want this kind of drama I'll start watching Desperate Housewives...

12. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And, I think our problem for most of the period since we won the CL, save for 2002 and 2003, has been that many players believe the people who sign their paychecks were incompetent and did not give them the best chance to win.

Who has been the one constant in all that time? ZORC!!

Publicly, at least, it has "stopped." However, I think what has happened is that now Emperor Watzke trusts coach Doll more than Director of Sport ("General Manager" in US terms) Zorc. And I think that is probably not a bad thing.

I hope Zorc either gets fired of leaves at the end of this season. It is time to see what someone else can do in that job.

I think the Petric situation was just like the Rosicky and Pienaar situations. Neither player was a true "number 10" (playmaker), but since that is what management (Read: Zorc) wanted them to do, they stayed good company men and tried to do what management wanted. Anyone who saw the last six or seven matches of last season saw improvement in Pienaar mainly because Doll didn't restrict him to "playmaking" duties and Pienaar's game "improved." I think that was Doll's first "quiet" defiance of Zorc and could have played a role in why Pienaar was loaned out when I feel he could have helped this team this season in a bench role.

Just my opinion.

Back to the point. Rosicky balked at having the #10 pushed on him when we signed him, but management "convinced" him to do it anyhow. But at one point, Rosicky said he'd do it without really meaning it. He was simply "towing the company line." I think if Petric said anything, which I honestly doubt he did, he was simply trying to "tow the company line...."

One thing that pisses me off about the whole deal is that if Zorc seems to be so intent on getting a good #10 in Dortmund, then why doesn't he sign a real #10?!

This is one of the major reasons I feel Zorc has to go. Lucky for us, we may have lucked into a fantastic striker in Petric. But this guy Zorc has been far too incompetent for far too long.

In my opinion, it is time for him to go......

And BVB has done this with the last two captains. Reuter and Woerns. Neither one was truly a leader on the pitch, but Reuter was far closer to it than Woerns.

But when you look at the fact that Zorc was still "officially" captain of the repeat championship and CL winning side even though he was nothing but a bench warmer at the time, you can see that captain at BVB seems to be based on nothing but seniority. And to me that is stupid.

I actually love DH. Miss seeing new episodes all the time.

But you are right. We don't need this in management. Unfortunately, we can't get rid of Watzke, but we can get rid of Zorc. And like Lars Ricken, I feel Zorc should have already been long gone.......

13. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What I wonder about is our team hardly ever shows spirit or mental strength.

Yet, we are paying this "mental trainer?" What does he do, keep Doll sexually satisfied? Because if his job is to build the team's mental strength, he isn't doing jack s#it!!!

I have another thing going here besides Degen hatred after this Hannover match.

Did you guys see how badly Weidenfeller looked on the penalty?

I don't ever EXPECT him to stop every penalty. No way. But with some keepers in the Bundesliga, you know they have a chance of stopping each one. There are two I know of who when they face a penalty, you may as well mark a goal for the other team.

One is Stuttgart's Rafael Schaefer. The other, is of course, ROMAN WEIDENFELLER!!

Do I blame Weidenfeller for this? No. Not at all. You see, besides the mental trainer, I think there is another member of the coaching staff not earning his pay.

I'm sorry. I know he is a Dortmund fan favorite, but I can't see where Wolfgang (Teddy) deBeer is doing anyone any good! He couldn't tell Jens Lehmann shit because a young Lehmann was already playing in the Bundesliga and better than deBeer when deBeer was still warming the BVB bench behind Stefan Klos!

I followed Roman Weidenfeller when he was a youngster coming up at 1. FC Kaiserslautern as they are among my favored German clubs.

Let me tell you this. I really don't see any noticeable improvement in Weidenfeller now than from his time in Kaiserslautern that doesn't come with simple experience.

I say we try to get Weidenfeller's goalkeeping coach from 1. FC Kaiserslautern, Gerry Ehrmann, to join us. Ehrmann is without a doubt the very best goalkeeping coach in Germany.

Take a look at the string of young goalkeepers he's put out (Weidenfeller, Wiese, Fromlowitz and their new one Sippel) and the veterans he put back on the right track in their careers (Reinke, Koch, Ernst).

Ehrmann is without a doubt an 1. FC Kaiserslautern guy, but I think he can be had with the right offer. And I think he is the piece we need to finally see what Roman Weidenfeller is truly capable of.

And in closing, I would like to say........

DEGEN RAUS!! PATRICK OCHS FOR BVB!!!!

14. tino11

tino11 New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Karlsruhe - Germany
    Can we have Federico back? We need someone to play up front...

15. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No. As soon as Doll gets his head out of his f#cking ass, Federico will be playing regularly for us! ;)

16. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    hopefully sooner then later..i dont know much about him but when i have seen him play he has impressed me..

17. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And he has won six points for us already this season!!

18. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will give Doll one thing. He is trying. He's talking about putting some of the non-performers in training and on the pitch up in the stands and playing some of the amateur kids!

It might hurt, but in the long run, I think that might do us some good.

19. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    agreed. i hope we can afford ourselves this

20. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going to try to translate the Westline article about this and post it here as well as on our e-mail list. I have to post it to the list first.

21. Zamathusa

Zamathusa New Member

Oct 21, 2007
    Germany
    Why isnt Federico Playing Forward? I mean, Klimowicz isnt that good, hes just fouling... He had many 100% Goal Chances that he didnt make. Yes, hes a Fighter, but thats Federico too...

And Federico has an impressive shooting technique...Meh...

22. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Apparently, Federico is one of the players Doll has a problem with in training.

In my opinion, I don't give a shit how he trains, if Federico can PRODUCE more in matches than the useless SOB (Valdez) playing in front of him, then Federico should play.

I know I have 200% more confidence in Federico producing than in that piece of shit Valdez.

"Gunning4Chelsea", have I told how right you were about Valdez lately? I feel a duty to do so.

YOU WERE SO RIGHT!!!

Back to Federico:

I believe that even when he's not having a good match, Federico is one of those guys you leave out there because you just never know when you will see a moment of brilliance from him.

Now, if only someone can get dumbass Thomas Doll to see this...... :rolleyes:

23. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @BVB - Responding as I did before....

++++++++++++++++

BVB wrote: And what do you think about Brzenska? Will he progress in his quality or not?

Keith's Response: Hard to say. I haven't seen any noticeable progress in him since last season and I can't understand why Brzenska isn't the one on the amateur team or sitting on the bench.

He could make progress, but from what I see of him today, I think he is already as good as he is going to get and that truly is not "good enough" for what we want to do in the future.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

BVB wrote: And why fans do not express their angry about non playing Amedick? It should have effect on Doll.

Keith's Response: Here is my theory on our fellow BVB fans. The "true" BVB fans. I think they consider it "disloyal" to criticize the club in any way until there is a major problem. Where I am from, we point out problems and try to solve them before they become major problems. We criticize our team because we love them and we want what's best for them. Just like some parents with their children.

I think the local "true" BVB supporters are blindly loyal to the club to a fault.

I think some of them just don't want to see the faults and consider anyone who tries to make them see the faults "a disloyal fan.

I think being "loyal" to them means keeping quiet even if they don't like something that is going on.

I think that about the majority of the "true" fans.

Then, there are the ones who think the club does no wrong and everything is the players' fault.

I know some of both types. They don't understand me because I am so critical of the club. They don't understand that I am so critical because I do love the club so much and I can't stand what is happening to this club.

Back to Amedick. I truly think Amedick was better last season than Brzenska is now and I cannot begin to understand why Brzenska plays ahead of Amedick.

What I really don't understand is that last season, when the press and others hounded BVB about bad transfers, the two players they pointed out as good signings were Frei and AMEDICK!!

WHAT HAPPENED??

Anyhow, Gladbach are seriously pursuing Amedick and if we let Amedick get away, which I think we will, I think that will be the last straw with me and the management of this club....

I don't think I can continue to actively cheer for a club being run so incompetently.

I don't mean I will "turn my back" on BVB. No. I will simply step away until either being proven wrong or changes are made at the club.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

BVB wrote: I think we need management sweep, maybe Watzke should run business as you said before, but others should go.

Keith's Response: I don't like what the management is doing to this club. They seem to have no immediate forward vision and only think of things working out for the best. They seem to never be prepared for the worst. I am throughly convinced that BVB management is its own worst enemy.