2006 World Cup: Semi-Finals - Portugal x France [R]

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Força Sporting, Jul 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Figo Rules

Figo Rules Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Toronto
    Isn't that a little racist?

Besides, he probably would have just stood there with his hand on his hip again (like some male model posing for a photographer) while Ronaldo scored. Do your thing on the catwalk, Edgar.

2. ferreirajl

ferreirajl New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal
  3. parkben1

parkben1 Member

Feb 18, 2006
    brooklyn
    Don't waste your breathe...Look what that crap Dutch coach did to Benfica..Good Riddance...

4. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
  5. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    One thing I did notice from this game. Is that we appeared a little tired. We didn't run as much and we definitly didn't close down the midfield as they approached the box. If you look at the game once more, no one closed down when the French approached the Box, which led to an easy pass to Henry, and we all know what happened there.

It wasn't for a will to win. Because the team definitly showed a will during the Holland and England match. I believe it had more to do with being mentality drained.

Very proud of Portugal. 10 million people. Punching with the best and some of the most populated futebol countries in the World. Incrediable crop of talent coming up the ranks. Forca Portugal.

Well done France

6. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  7. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    You got that right. We don't need to put our heads down, We made it to the Final Four and have a chance for the 3rd consolation Prize.

It's Just sad we don't get to see Figo and Pauleta anymore:( ( Who really disappointed me)

8. parkben1

parkben1 Member

Feb 18, 2006
    brooklyn
    Another article by an english wannabe. Had some nice points, but went back to the same old Portugal the creater of diving...I'm just sick of hearing or reading about how Portugal are a bunch of cheats.

9. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    From everywhere. The only media outlet that seemes to give some love when TSN and Sportsnet in Canada. They just showed the highlights, some dives to Portugal and some to France. I like how they questioned the Henry dive but did state that contact was made, same thing in the Penalty box when Ronaldo went for that header.

10. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    The Scores own Sid Seixeiro only showed the highlights of Portugal diving and Seemed to make up his own story why France won? Experience.

Which is bullshit, I think Media Outlets don't care For Portugal and never will.

Like I said, We are at the climax and sometimes it takes these kinds of defeats to make us that more Stronger.

About that Article, he mostly praised Portugal and said we dominated the game with our Attack.

11. parkben1

parkben1 Member

Feb 18, 2006
    brooklyn
    GolTv in the US. said the Henry penalty was questionable. They also praise the portuguese as a great team who where equal to the French and should have tied the score. Then again GolTv is own by Latins.

12. El Ardillo

El Ardillo New Member

Jul 15, 2004
    Delaware
    i was too angry to post here after the game. I felt it was a perfidous example of football.

The uraguay referee was totally bogus; having called the PK that would loose us the game. Totally a bogus call in my opinion. I don't care what anyone says or what anyone might think about this, i feel it was literally the stupidest thing on TV since seventh heaven's seventh season.

I wanted to kill something!

but, the french played better than i expected so i guess they deserve the win.

I still think the ref is a nutjob and a total douceh bag!

********! KURWA! MERDA! CHOLERA! GOWNO i tak dalej!

13. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Ardillo, I Feel the same way. But I knew the ref would play a Big Part in these crucial Games.

Don't be surprise if this happens in the France/Italy Game and there will be blood.

I can say Im disgusted with the refs in this WC and We need American/Canadian Refs to be the officials.

14. El Ardillo

El Ardillo New Member

Jul 15, 2004
    Delaware
    maybe not americans or canadians, just refs who don't make things up like PKs outta no where.

you know what i loved though; ricardo leaving the goal box to help the team in the dying moments of the game. it almost brought a tear to my eye. it was valient.

15. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    CLASSY RONALDO....HE DIDN'T CRY

[​IMG]

16. El Ardillo

El Ardillo New Member

Jul 15, 2004
    Delaware
    just wait for saturday....:rolleyes:

i noticed that, he must view our forums and note my displeasure at his emotional instability.

17. Porto#1

Porto#1 New Member

May 8, 2005
    Toronto/Portugal
    I hate to beat a dead horse but....

After watching the replay of the game and seeing how poor the crosses were I could only think of the help that Quaresma could have been in the late stages. His triveiro crosses could have caused huge problems for the French but maybe im wrong.

18. bnrnortel

bnrnortel Member

Nov 18, 2004
    I watched yesterday's game and was silent after it.
    But was I pissed? No!
    Was I mad? No!
    Was I furious? No!

Was I Proud? Yes!

Here is a little nation, called Portugal, that came to play futebol and did. This was a team that was just to get out of the group stages and they did better than that. This team has a couple of named players who played together as a team and made magic.

We lost 1-0, on a penalty shot, that was a penalty shot called on a defensive play where there was contact inside the box, Carvalho did leave his foot behind and there is no questionof it on any of the replays.
    But lest us not forget the Figo header over the bar, the Maniche kick, the Pauletta shot wide, the Sabrosa cross where no one was there, the Meira kick that sailed into the crowd, the Postiga header that went wide. And what did France do, the shot that almost got by Ricardo.
    Nobody has talked about how physical the England and Holland games were that defenitely affected our players physically and mentally due to the roller coaster ride of both of those games. I'd like to see another team get the same two games and then go to the final. It aint't going to happen!

Stand up and be proud for the Portuguese because they did a hell of a jub. I still have my car flags up, and will until the WC is over. I may even fly them after that. We don't have an extensive pool of players to choose from like Brazil (even their B-Team could win the WC - maybe they should have brought them instead), England (we Beckham and so much more talent, so don't sign us up for the group stages, give us the points and move on), Argentina (Goal R Us incorporated, but Passion is secondary), Holland (if we can't beat you, we'll beat your best player to a pulp), Italy (please dial a penalty to save us from disaster against Australia), but the players we do have played for the love of the jearsey - old style of play.

Portuguese are a soccer powerhouse, and if you don't think so... Why are so many articles beign written about us. Why do the newspapers constantly badger us on how beautiful we play, and then turn around and criticize us for the diving and cheating. We don't cheat anymore than the others. But because we are a smaller nation, they can pick on us. There were less articles written about the Italian job on the poor american, than there were about the Holland game. Yet the Orangemen were not written about when they tried to annihilate C Ronaldo. Tell me that wasn't brutal.

This is the world being afraid of the little guy. But Portugal is not little anymore, they've gone pretty far in the past 10 years. And their future looks very promising.

So stick out your chest, pin your shoulders back, extend your neck, raise your head and be proud to be Portuguese.

Be proud of the Selecção, they did an awesome job.

Força Portugal!

19. ToBeAGooner

ToBeAGooner New Member

Jan 3, 2006

[​IMG]

Honestly, the highlight of watching the Portugese play in football tournaments is getting to watch that twat Ronaldo sob like a baby at the end of the match.

20. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Re: I hate to beat a dead horse but....

While I will not argue with you about him making good crosses, but even in last nights game, how man good crosses were there with not enough bodies in front of the net ?

21. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Re: I hate to beat a dead horse but....

Your about a month too late...the selection of the team was fine, that is not the reason Portugal lost...I doubt that Quaresma would have played any better then Ronaldo, Figo or Simao...

22. Apollyon

Apollyon New Member

May 17, 2006
    Dartmouth

Thats alright because the highlights of watch Arsenal play is to see how they completely implode on the european stage. O for life in the CL/EC

23. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    The beauty here is he gets to play unlike the English twats who went home early...

please leave the trolling to the EPL forum..you can "tawk" about your brand of footy there...

24. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    My highlight was to watch Rooney yet again lose his temper and get red carded.

25. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Ah...I love this dude right here. Thanks for sticking up for us Celito. How about we make a pack right here. Brasil wins the Copa America in 2 years. Portugals win the Euro in 2 years. and we meet in the South African 2010 Finals....Brasil vs. Portugal. Deal:cool: