2006 World Cup: Quarter-Finals - Portugal x England [R]

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Força Sporting, Jun 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aarmande

Aarmande BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jun 4, 2006
    I hope your happy That you won using dirty tactics and disgraced football.

I hope you enjoy your hollow victory you dirty portugese cheats.

2. Mike123

Mike123 New Member

May 1, 2006
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Another year as passed and little Aarmande's team keep's losing. Well did you like your aniversary? I sure as hell LOVED mine:D See, God gave me a gift because I matter! ME>you

3. El Ardillo

El Ardillo New Member

Jul 15, 2004
    Delaware
    you have a yellow card for a reason, the same reason they issue them in football: disciplinary measures.

learn some manners, then come back.

4. Aarmande

Jun 4, 2006
    england would rather lose than sink to your level

5. Ricardinho10

Ricardinho10 New Member

Sep 11, 2005
    Joburg, South Africa
    Shame is that all you can use as a cover up for a cr@p English team, point is we won fair and square get over it.

6. KhaNArTisT

KhaNArTisT New Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Back in Toronto Esse
    As for the Pauleta talk yes i agree hes not had his best few games lately, but without deco threading some needles hes not going to get many chances. playing ronaldo as a lone striker is not a good idea imo, as a second striker where he has more options to move, sure. but notice the last game even when postiga was there, there was NO poacher where we needed one most. as soon as scolari saw the red card he should have changed his mind about simao, and instead put him on for tiago.

if we had nuno or pauleta on for that 30 odd mins and the extra time i dont think we would have needed penalties :rolleyes:

7. El Ardillo

El Ardillo New Member

Jul 15, 2004
    Delaware
    ...then i dont see the problem. you lost and didnt sink to any level you didnt feel comfortable with. so, why is da baby crying?

8. IvanIV

IvanIV King of all He purveys

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No kidding. Graceful winning is a lost art...:rolleyes:

9. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Congrats on the win! I am absolutely gutted and shed a tear yesterday when England was knocked out by the dead-on confident PK taken by Cristiano Ronaldo.

Richardo came up HUGE for you in goal.

ENG never looked like a strong side throughout this WC; yes they did get results, but nothing impressive.

Again, Congratulations. Good luck with France.

10. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Most English supporters have been graceful handling the loss. I guess some just cannot accept losing to a more superior side. No worries, though - I know most English supporters wouldn't stoop to your level. Cheers...

11. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    It was a very defensive game played by both teams, as the game unfolded you could really see it was going on to extra time.
    There were no big mistakes defensively, so it was the luck of the PK's. Ricardo allways being bashed by most Portuguese fans/media, comes up big again.

England played very well, and came close to capitilizing on a couple of chances. They have a great team, but Sven wasn't up to par. Good luck in the future, and hope we don't have to face each other for another 10 years, my heart just won't be able to take it.

What does Ricardo have to do to get the respect of the nation.
    Well for now they love him, but if he suffers a goal all will be forgotten (Euro final).

As a Sporting fan, I'm extremelly proud I allways believed in him.

12. Aarmande

Jun 4, 2006

HAHAHA you have got to be joking?

13. Mike123

Mike123 New Member

May 1, 2006
    Lisbon, Portugal
    ******** off?

14. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I would hope that the Portuguese fans on this forum will show the "high road" in the event the Team ends it's run on Wednesday.

It's easy to bash the English fans for their words but the passion they have for this game is as great or greater then ours.

I would hope they respect us but in reality if the English fans and Media don't aknowledge Portugal as a good if not great team so be it.

If they wish to call us "Divers" and "Cheats" so be it...the videos of the games are there for all to revisit...

In the end Portugal won...

15. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    Ignore them, half of those idiots have only joined this month and are more than likely sock puppets.

Buts thats the most annoying thing about yesterday for an England fan, we didn't lose. Portugal showed again that they are better than us at taking penalties, thats all. The last two games have gone 120 minutes and resulted in a draw - I'm not questioning the validity of your progression, more so the claims that Portugal were the "superior" side.

16. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I would have to agree with that statement. Matter of fact it could very well be argued that England were the better Defensive team for not allowing Portugal to score with a man advantage. The teams always seem to cancel each other out, either with some goals or no goals at all.

17. Figo Rules

Figo Rules Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Toronto
  18. mallorca_skyblue

mallorca_skyblue New Member

Apr 10, 2006
    congratulations from england

a bit belated i know, but it has taken 24 hours to get over the shock and dissapointment.

strange game really. yes, we played well after going a man down, but begs the question why we didn't play with the same hunger and desire when we were at full strength. our manager got it wrong, big time, and yet again scolari got it right. true, portugal didn't really do much going forward, just lame long range efforts. didn't really create a clear opening all game. england got behind you a few times, but you never felt a goal was imminent.

dissapointed at some of the comments from portugese fans suggesting that the "best team won". well they didn't, because the game ended in a draw. england were unfortunate, but no excuses really. the ref wasn't great, but most would agree that rooney derserved his straight red. not happy about ronaldos lack of sportsmanship, but hey, he tried to wind rooney up, and he fell for it. that's the harsh reality.

can't say i'll be cheering for you against france, but if you do get to the final then good luck. you should really have triumphed 2 years ago, so may be this is your time.

back in england, the inquest starts. how can a group of such talented players fall so flat on their face? sven got it wrong in so many ways, big name players failed to perform. it's all a bit of a mystery. well, hopefully the new man can turn things round. hopefully we'll revert back to a formation we are comfortable with and we'll start playing in the true english style - which is to play at high tempo and to ATTACK the opposition. watching england has been like watching italy, and i'm not sure i can take much more of it. people have said that playing that way gets results and is the only way to win. nonsense. that approach has got us nowhere. let's start doing what we're good at. we're not spoilers, and i hate the fact that that is how the rest of the world now sees us.

anyway, all the best.

19. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    If Portugal loses to France, We should be proud of our Boys.

I Just hope they wear those Maroon jersey, There streaks keeps Going and Going.

20. Brian De Sousa

Brian De Sousa Red Card

Aug 10, 2004
    New Bedford, MA
    Why give it to him over Ricardo? England lost! Give it to the man of the match who saved everything in regulation, extra time, and all the penalties, but one, that gave Portugal the win.

21. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Very well said; you are truly a class act. But if it was me, I would rub in just a little bit..lol.

P.S. I think England (and I'm a fan of ENG) gets too much credit and is overrated. If the EPL wasn't so big and the rich history, what else would ENG have? 1 WC win.

I don't think PORTUGAL are divers and cheats at all. There are divers/cheats on every club and in every country, unfortunately it is just an awful reality of The Beautiful Game.

22. Brian De Sousa

Brian De Sousa Red Card

Aug 10, 2004
    New Bedford, MA
    You deserve a red card.

[​IMG]

23. KhaNArTisT

KhaNArTisT New Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Back in Toronto Esse
    its easy, all england had to do was score. and they didnt. end of story.

24. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    So? Neither did Portugal, against ten men for 1 hour. Portugal deserved to go through on the basis of them having a better Goalkeeper in the shoot-out. How does that equate to them being a superior side?

25. KhaNArTisT

KhaNArTisT New Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Back in Toronto Esse
    i believe having superior player(s) is the definition of having a superior side...... so is having better looking players but whose counting? :D