2006 World Cup Futures

Discussion in 'Wagering' started by damone1, Jun 27, 2005.

1. damone1

damone1 Member

Jul 20, 2000
    NORTHERN CALIFORNIA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to William Hill.....

Brazil 5.50
    Argentina 7.00
    Germany 7.50
    England 7.50
    Italy 10.00
    Holland 12.00
    France 13.00
    Spain 15.00
    Portugal 19.00
    Czech Rep 21.00
    Sweden 34.00
    Ukraine 41.00
    Mexico 51.00
    Rep Ireland 67.00
    Croatia 67.00
    Serbia - Montenegro 81.00
    Ivory Coast 81.00
    U S A 101.00
    Senegal 101.00

Good to see that the USA has just as much chance to win the World Cup as a Senegal team that most likely will NOT qualify. I think Mexico is a wee bit undervalued at 51.00 - definitely value there. Anyone who puts money on Spain or the Ukraine should just send it to me instead.

2. vincep5

vincep5 Member

Jun 19, 2005
    Its a ways away, but Brazil look damn good even w/ their reserves.

The USA should have a little better odds wouldnt u all say?

3. TexasSoccerFan

TexasSoccerFan New Member

Apr 25, 2003
    Carrollton, Texas
    I can not believe that this guy thinks Serbia & Montenegro has a better chance of winning the World Cup than the USA.

4. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas

can't see Brazil or Argentina winning a world cup in europe....and this German team is the second worst in living memory (after the 2001-2004 team)...England is not a value at all...and never will be with an English bookie as most of their clients bet with their heart, not their head...for me the VALUE is in Holland, Czech and Mexico...

5. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    I'd take the US over Mexico. At those odds, it'd be worth putting $50 on the US.

6. tomvandamn

tomvandamn New Member

Apr 9, 2003
    new york
    The US quotes are funny
    The US has won how many games in europe recently?
    They mightve beaten someone in a friendly but it will be tough for them and besides they wont suprise anyone

If they get a group of death 3 and out
    I have a feeling the US will get a group of death

7. aloisius

aloisius Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Croatia

Why is that hard to believe?

8. TexasSoccerFan

Apr 25, 2003
    Carrollton, Texas
    Because the USA have more skill and are deeper. I still wouldn't put them at any better than about 60-1, though.

9. Justin O

Justin O Member+

Seattle Sounders
    United States
    Nov 30, 1998
    on the run from the covid
    Club:
    Seattle
    "This guy" (?) does not necessarily think that Serbia and Montenegro have a better chance to win the World Cup than the US. William Hill are trying to make money, not predict outcomes.

They know their clientel and priced the US at a number that they feel is necessary to get their clientel (primarily British) to put money on them. If they put the US at 60-1, and then few are willing to put any money on that figure, then they'd clearly make less money.

10. aloisius

aloisius Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Croatia
    Actually, I can’t think of more than 2 or 3 American players who could make the Serbian starting 11.

11. SoulflyTribeFC

SoulflyTribeFC New Member

Mar 24, 2002
    You'd have to be an idiot to spend anything on Spain or France.

Argentina at 7-1? I don't like that either.

12. eric_appleby

eric_appleby Member+

Jun 11, 1999
    Down East
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For decades only 4 countries won the tournament, Brazil, Argentina, Germany, Italy. France broke that rotation in 98.

On paper Brazil and Argentina are the two best teams in the world. But it will be hard for one of them to win in Europe. I don't fancy the host , Germany. Maybe it's Holland's turn? They are the best team to never win the Cup. They lost to the hosts in the final in 74 and 78. And in my opinion, they were the best team in the 94 and 98 tournaments.

12 for 1?
    Decent bet, but I wouldn't load up on it.

13. TexasSoccerFan

Apr 25, 2003
    Carrollton, Texas
    I am sure that Berhalter, Cherundolo, Bocanegra, McBride, Beasley, Keller, Mastroeni and Eddie Johnson could make the Serbian XI.

14. TexasSoccerFan

Apr 25, 2003
    Carrollton, Texas
    And even if you don't want to include Berhalter and McBride since neither of them may be on the US team in a year (or ever for Berhalter), include O'Brien, Spector and even Taylor Twellman