2006 WCQs for Asia starting soon

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by MIGkiller, Oct 24, 2003.

1. pro_euroleague

pro_euroleague New Member

Chinese Taipei - Macao

Does anybody know the result of Chinese Taipei versus Macao?

The game should be played by now?

2. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta
    Re: Chinese Taipei - Macao

CT 3-0 Macao

http://www.eifl.org.uk/wc2006/wcasiapre.htm#3

3. pro_euroleague

NEPAL

Does anybody know already the reason why nepal withdrew?

Was it money (like Mongolia) or political instability?

Guam in the second round????????

Weird they are full off American Samoism!!!!!!!!

They don't even have an own stadium. The fifa Goal Project are building one for them.

4. Canadian_Supporter

Staff Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Prostějov, CR
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Re: NEPAL

Not enough money.

Has Mongolia officially withdrawn?

5. Ludahai

Ludahai New Member

Jun 22, 2001
    Taichung, Taiwan
    Re: Re: Chinese Taipei - Macao

YEAH!! Go Taiwan.

At least they don't have to worry about going to Mongolia or some wintery place like that. I wonder if they will get any gambling in on the return leg to Macao!

6. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    Re: Re: Re: Chinese Taipei - Macao

What, TW has an NT? Maybe they will be better off playing in the Jia B. They might win a few matches, every now and then.

7. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta
    Re: Re: NEPAL

Nope ... they still have a home-and-home with the Maldives on the 29th and December 3.

8. pro_euroleague

1. Where did the Mongolia has no money storey come from then? I heard it somewhere. I never said they were going out.

2. Does anybody know where I can find pictures and attendance of Taiwan-Macao (3-0)

9. pmannion

pmannion Member
    Staff Member

Apr 13, 2001
    Newfoundland
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Forecast for Saturday in Ulanbataar (sp?):
    Snow, highs of -13C and lows of -27.

Can they really play football in that?

10. pro_euroleague

REFS

Where does the referee come from in the Ulan Bator match? Guam?

11. pro_euroleague

12. pro_euroleague

TAIWAN GAME

So their were just 200 to 300 people attendance. That's not that much in a city of millions.

13. Ludahai

Ludahai New Member

Jun 22, 2001
    Taichung, Taiwan
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Chinese Taipei - Macao

I don't know why you hate Taiwan so much. Taiwan is not a soccer playing nation, so beating Macau is good for Taiwan. I wonder if the Chinese national baseball team could win a single game, even against JinGang, in the Taiwanese professional baseball league!

14. Ludahai

Ludahai New Member

Jun 22, 2001
    Taichung, Taiwan
    Re: TAIWAN GAME

Most Taiwanese couldn't care less about soccer. I didn't even know about the match until after it happened. Tens of thousands show up for baseball. That is the big team sport here. Crowds were gathered around every public TV in Taiwan a few weeks ago when Taiwan played to qualify for the Olympics next year. Soccer has a LONG way to go here before it will ever compete with baseball.

15. MIGkiller

MIGkiller Member+

Flamengo
    Brazil
    May 9, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=reu-worldasia&prov=reuters&type=lgns

So I guess there'll be a Pool C remaining which will be filled with the qualified teams from this first stage of the WCQs in Asia, right?

Edit: where's Vietnam and North Korea in all this?

16. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    there was a chance that japan could face china in the first round but since the afc chaneged the grouping method from fifa ranking to the last world cup performance the chance is completely eliminated. japan will have two preparation match with malaysia and iraq before the qualification begins. no more meaningless friendly games with weaklings such as cameroon, senegal, uruguay, tunisia, romania, nigeria, and argentina.

17. MIGkiller

MIGkiller Member+

Flamengo
    Brazil
    May 9, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If Japan is already having bad results against the likes of Argentina, Uruguay and Nigeria, imagine what would happen when you face the powerhouses of Iraq and Malaysia.

As a medical advice I think you'd do better not following the upcoming WCQs, Hamatachi. It may aggravate your Tourette condition. lmao!

18. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    die migkiller you freak

19. Forza AZ

Forza AZ New Member

Jun 26, 2003
    Alkmaar
    25 teams were qualified automatically for the group stage. Vietnam and North Korea are among the 9 you didn't mention. The other 7 are: Jordan, Malaysia, Singapore, Yemen, India, Hong Kong and Palestine. The other 7 will come from the 1st round.

So there probably will be a Pot C and a Pot D with these countries.

20. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    against Nigeria Japan won 3-0...

21. pro_euroleague

TAIWAN GAME

Mailed to me by some guy from Taiwan (whom I thank):

Here's the information from the team sheet I nicked off the director of the Chinese Taipei FA before the match. Please note it hadn't yet been signed by the Match Commissioner.

Chinese Taipei Starting XI:

1 Yang Cheng Hsing
    2 Ju Wen Bin
    3 Chen Jeng I
    4 Wang Chien Hsiang
    5 Tsai Hui Kai
    6 Lin Kuei Pin
    9 Chen Jiung Ming
    10 Chuang Yao Tsung
    12 Wu Chun I
    17 Chang Wu Yeh
    20 Chen Jui Te

Chinese Taipei Subs:

8 Tu Ming Feng
    11 Chiang Shih Lu
    13 Pan Kuao Kai
    14 Feng Pao Hsing
    22 Yeh Hsien Chung
    23 Lin Chian Sheng
    30 Tseng Tai Lin

(FYI 15 Lin Lung Tso, 21 Tu Chia Po did not make the bench)

Macao Starting XI:

1 Chan, Domingos
    2 Au, Kee Yuen
    4 Heitor, Migueta
    5 Lam, Ka Koi
    6 Sousa, Georgredo de
    8 Ian, Hci Pang (sic)
    9 Lei, Fu Weng
    10 Manuel, Armando Q.
    12 Wong, Hon Fai
    14 Chong, Kun Kan
    16 Ho, Veng Fai

Macao Subs:

3 Ieong, Laptak
    7 Hoi, Man Io
    11 Cheang, Chon Man
    13 Chan, Man Hei
    15 Ho, Wai Tong
    18 Leong, Chon Kit
    19 Lau, Ting Sun

(17 Kuok Iaocho declared not eligible)

Match Personnel:

Referee: Mr N R Napitupuli Jimmy
    Assistant Referee 1: Mr Soetomo Aries Munandar
    Assistant Referee 2: Mr Gatoyu Syamsul
    Fourth Official: Mr Hidaya Jajat Sudrajat
    Match Commissioner: Mr Takeo Okada
    Referee Inspector: Mr Kim In Soo
    General Coordinaotor: Mr Chuan Chin Fa

We have a couple of pictures from the match that came out nicely. Tell you what, if you register on the Ho! we'll e-mail them to you. How's that for a deal?

The FA have yet to get back to me about travel to the Macao match the rogues, so most likely I'll be stuck wondering about the result like you. We'll stay glued to the TV and radio here over the weekend, and if we still don't have the result come Monday I will personally call the FA to ask. Do you know anyone in Macao, Hans?

22. JLSA

JLSA Member

Nov 11, 2003
    Nepal Out ... Now Guam out

Source: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=284340&cc=3436

Well, now the World Cup has "lucky losers". Of course, probably serves FIFA and the AFC right for springing the "pre-pre-preliminary cut down the numbers to something even round qualification" bit on their members at the last minute.

Afghanistan can probably feel upset by this development - before you had to win, now not losing by a lot might be enough to go through (unlikely to save them anyway losing the first leg 11-0 and all but still, it does change the rules after they played)

J

23. pro_euroleague

Why isn't there a financial fund to overcome this kind off shameless situations

24. desertfox2

desertfox2 Member

Jul 18, 2000
    Trenton, NJ
    You know, being a huge World Cup fan and a fan of all of the regions, FIFA and AFC have really pissed me off here. It's like they don't care about these teams in the first round. Before the tournament even began, 4 teams withdrew (Cambodia, Bhutan, the Philippines, and Brunei Darussalam) and 1 team, Myanmar, was suspended from playing due to their withdrawal from the 2002 WC qualifiers. Now coming into this first round, already 2 teams have withdrawn (Nepal and Guam) and guess what, they were supposed to play each other. There have also been arguments back and forth between the Maldives FA and Mongolia's FA over hosting rights and Mongolia was (and maybe still is) very close to withdrawing as well.

Now FIFA and AFC have decided to give the best loser of the first round the right of passage into Round 2. This would be fine except that Turkmenistan-Afghanistan are already done! Doesn't this violate the Fair Play rule just a tad? Why don't they just have a group of 3 in Round 2? Not to mention the absolute horrible scheduling they've been doing (the dates of the matches seem to change every day). Plus like others have said, why can't FIFA and AFC help fund some of these teams so that they can play? I'm sorry, but FIFA and AFC do not know what they're doing, and they could probably care less about these teams. It's totally shameful.

Btw, if anyone has a score on Bangladesh-Tajikistan that would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

25. pro_euroleague

BANGLADESH - TAJIKISTAN

Bangladesh - Tajikistan has ended 2-0 with a 1-0 half-time.