2006 Ruiz News

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Chamo, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Member+

Aug 2, 2004
    Westwood, NJ
    How does MLS "own a piece" of Ruiz? Didn't his MLS contract expire at the end of 2005?

Believe whatever you want to believe - I'm just passing along up-to-the-minute info I heard in a live television interview today at 3:45PM PST that came from a source very close to Ruiz and that is more current than the Rojomania website article.

2. Scipio Gothicus

Aug 6, 2001
    Cabo San Lucas
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do not care about foundations, nor is this thread about them.

According to Buzz's interview with Mike, FCD/MLS has made the most attractive offer. If what we have read above is correct, then either Mike was mistaken from the time of the interview, or FCD/MLS has been outbid. If that is the case, and FCD/MLS does not respond, then he will be sold to another team, regardless of his wishes. I posted a thread on this earlier, and it might not be the end of the world. FCD is a mediocre team, with or without Ruiz.

Something is clearly going on, though, if the above is to be beleived, and we are in the dark.

I do not consider the situation of Pando to be parrallel. FCD wants Ruiz, the Gals were not high on Pando. Based on Pando's performance, he would be due for a big pay cut, not the increase coming Ruiz's way.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Good night and good luck.
    McCarthy was right.

Scipio Diabolus,
    vox fatum.

Contra.

Confirm Alito.

3. Brushes Sand

Brushes Sand Member

Oct 12, 2000
    polychronicqatsitime
    His contract did expire at the end of '05. Ruiz doesn't have to play
    for MLS, or anyone for that matter, ever again, if he so chose. But
    if he is going to play for MLS or Municipal, he will have to sign a
    new contract.

If Ruiz is going to play for anyone other than MLS or Municiapl,
    both MLS and Municipal will have to sell Ruiz' FIFA paper to the
    other entity. In addition, Ruiz/Motzkin will then have to sign a
    contract with the other 3rd party to cover Ruiz' compensation
    for playing for said 3rd party entity.

Just because someone's compensation contract expires doesn't
    mean you lose your "ownership" rights to that player's FIFA paper.

-bs

4. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not going to believe anything until an official announcement is made and a deal is signed - with whoever that is.

There is too much conflicting information and statements out there to make any sort of sense of what is going to happen.

5. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup...

6. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
  7. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ok here is my take on the situation. While I can't give any kind of definitive answer I think I can give you a lay of the land based on my understanding of the process and players.

The European window opened, give or take, the start of January and ends at the end of January. That’s the window that mattes to the key player: Municipal.

Municipal wants to cash in. Right now, or at least coming into January, their biggest offer was from MLS. Hence the waiting by Municipal.

The longer this goes and the deeper into January, the more antsy Municipal will get and the more likely it is that Ruiz will play for FCD. For you see once January ends and the European window closes then Ruiz can only re-sign with MLS or Municipal, the two teams he is already with. And which do you think he would pick?

If someone had been hot for Ruiz, it would have happened already as the transfer window has been open a week. So that means there is no one slobbering over Carlos and dropping a big offer. So Municipal is looking at clubs who are second tier, maybe don’t have a lot of money, or maybe Ruiz is a second, third, or fourth option and again won’t get a big offer.

Keep in mind, that if the window passes the MLS offer will decrease as they will be the only real player, and maybe go away all together. Eventually MLS will take their chances and just wait for June when Carlos is a free agent. The longer Municipal waits after the window closes the smaller the MLS offer will become.

So I think you will find the last week or January or the first week (or two) of February will be when something happens.

8. RSLKamasBranch

Nov 2, 2005
    Just a little unclear on one thing here. When a player is transferred from one team to another, (i.e. Ruiz to anywhere) he has to agree to personal terms after the fee is agreed, or else the deal doesn't go through. This may not be the best example for Ruiz (since he is going to get a raise anywhere he goes in all likelihood) but I've heard of plenty of deals falling through after transfer fees had been agreed because the player couldn't come to personal terms, usually because the buying club didn't want to break its wage structure to bring in a new player. So it would stand to reason that Ruiz's wishes play a large part in where he wants to go. I'm not saying he does or does not want to play for FC Dallas over somewhere in Mexico, only that if he has strong feelings about one over the other, he can refuse personal terms if his favored destination isn't the high bidder.

I hope this works out for you guys.

9. Scipio Gothicus

Aug 6, 2001
    Cabo San Lucas
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Correct, but my post above is only concerned with Municipal. If Buzz is correct, and the MLS is the only major player, then eventaully they will have to grab wahtever is offered.

That is the major hurdle. According to Mike, the FCD GM, Carlos really wants to play in Dallas. Once Municipal has sold him, FCD will do what it takes to sign him.

I worry that there is another team involved we do not know about yet.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Good night and good luck.
    McCarthy was right.

Scipio Diabolus,
    vox fatum.

Contra.

Confirm Alito.

10. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    I agree, if the only real competition is Real San Luis and Caliguiri then I'm not too worried. I don't think Ruiz would be willing to sign with a club that could easily be playing in the 2nd division next season. Maybe I'm wrong on that, but I just see Ruiz as someone who wants to be in the top flight, regardless of the country.

11. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I were CR... and the best offers comes from Caliburi (sp) and some third tier team like Real San Luis... I would get a new agent.

12. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    keep in mind that IF carlos really does want to come here, then his agent Motzkin is not going to be working hard to get other offers... only Municipal will be.

Municipal could in theory sell him some place he doesn't want to go.

13. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Could they? I thought players had to agree to personal terms before a transfer could go through. At the very least, a team that wanted to buy Ruiz would want to know that he would be a willing participant in the deal.

14. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "willing participant"? The second his paycheck clears makes him a willing participant...

15. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I suppose that would depend on the kind of deal. I am not sure a sale would void his current contract. He may have no choice, it's a area of international transfer rules that's not real clear.

I do know he could just sit out till his contract runs out and then sign for however he wants. It's one reason with 6 months left he is probably not getting a huge sale offer.

16. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Well, that's the thing, in order for them to give him a paycheck they need to know how much he is getting. If he doesn't want to go there then that negotiation becomes impossible. i.e. agreeing to personal terms.

17. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    I agree its not clear, but no one is going to buy his rights without re-signing him to a long term contract and thus retaining his rights for more than just 6 months. No one is going to pay a fee only to have him for 6 months..... no one.

At that point Municipal would just sell to MLS.

18. Brushes Sand

Brushes Sand Member

Oct 12, 2000
    polychronicqatsitime

OK, yes or no, do they or do they not need Gazidis' signature to sell on ??

I don't buy that Municipal can dump the paper on Racing Santander
    for 40 cents on the dollar without MLS agreeing to it. MLS owns
    half the paper, do they not? Or am I missing something here?

-bs

19. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Believe it or not, West Ham did something like that the year they went to D1(now coke champs) with Lee Boywer.

Leeds were having all kinds opf trouble so they sent him to West Ham where he was there for 6 months and afterwards went to Newcastle.

Now as far as Ruiz goes, if he does not get any offer, I would think the MLS would cut their offerby 75% and tell Munciaple, look we can get the guy for free in 6 months, take it or leave it.

20. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

In theory yes or at least in champ manager 6 if you want to buy a player from the italian league where the player is co-owned, you have to buy the rights from both clubs in order to get the player.

21. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Right, but Leeds were in a financial pinch and needed to off the salary and get ANY money they could to stay solvent. Municipal isn't in that danger and they want Ruiz to be their big payday. Completely different situation. I stand by my earlier point. NO ONE is going to pay a significant transfer fee for Ruiz without him agreeing to a long term deal......not at the prices Municipal are asking.

22. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It seems odd that Muinipal wants a big pay day when Ruiz only has 6 months until he is out of contract.

No one in the world would pay more than 2 million now when they could get him free in June / July.

Hopefully Muni will figure that out. I would much rather / I would pay for it and it is much better for FCD to have Ruiz in camp in Febraury than maybe getting him in July.

But the 6 months term left makes things more weird than dealing with say 2 years left or something.

23. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    While this is generally true, I've always maintained that when there are multiple interested suitors the price can go up based on a bidding war. Its the old principle that something is worth what people are willing to pay fo it. For the purchasing team the length of contract left REALLY doesn't matter, whether it be 6 months or 2 years, since more than likely they will have to re-sign him to a new deal anyway. It only gets important if you think of the players are easily interchangeable "assets". IOTW, if we don't get Ruiz then we simply find another player just like him worth the same or less. I don't know if MLS can view it this way. And if there are other interested clubs who have money to spend then that 'could' drive up the price.

24. Che chico!

Che chico! Member

Dec 21, 2004
    West LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't have the time to read through all 5 pages of this thread so if it's already been mentioned previously, I apologize.

This morning on XM 147(spanish sports talk) they were discussing major transfer moves within MLS. They mentioned Ruiz's agents are reporting that there are two offers from Europe on the table for him. Monaco(France) and Cadiz(Spain).

take it as it is....

Che chico!

25. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the rumor...