2006 Pre-Season Miami FC Official Thread

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by sounderfan, Oct 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    ooooooooooooooooooold

2. MGFan

MGFan New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Boston, MA USA
    but goooooo-ooooooood......

3. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Did that JP Rodrigues guy come from Belmont University in Tennessee or is it a different school?? Anyone know?

4. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    This is kool. Check out El Loco and his bike!!! ;) :cool:

[​IMG]

5. river

river Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Cooper City
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MIAMI FC ANNOUNCES THE SIGNING OF A WORLD CUP CHAMPION

ZINHO, 1994 WORLD CUP CHAMPION WITH BRAZIL ARRIVES IN MIAMI TO LEAD NEW CLUB, MIAMI FC

Miami, FL, March 14, 2006- Miami FC announced today the signing of Brazilian midfielder, Zinho, World Cup winner with Brazil in the 1994 World Cup.

Crizam Cesar de Oliveira Filho, better known as “Zinho”, is the new and stellar addition to the only professional soccer club in South Florida. The 38-year-old player was key in leading the star-filled Brazilian midfield that won the World Cup USA 1994. Zinho started alongside world-renowned Romario, Bebeto, Dunga and Taffarel in all of the 7 games that culminated in Brazil’s fourth World Cup championship.

During his soccer career, Zinho played 50 games for the Brazilian National Team scoring 6 goals and recording countless assists.

On a national and Latin American level, Zinho is one of the most successful players in the history of soccer, having won the most important soccer titles in Brazil and the entire region, most on more than one occasion. His long list of titles includes: five Brazilian Championships, three Brazilian Cups, one Copa Libertadores, one Copa Mercosur, three Rio de Janeiro state titles, and two Sao Paulo titles.

Zinho is particularly adored by the Flamengo fans, the club with the most followers in the world. He helped them win the 1987 and 1992 Brazilian Championships and recently returned to start for the team until December 2005.

This talented midfielder also played for Palmeiras club in Brazil where he won the Brazilian Championship in 1993 and 1994 and Copa Libertadores in 1999.

More recently, Zinho won the Brazilian Championship with Cruzeiro in 2001.

On an international level, Zinho, as well as many of his Brazilian teammates from the World Cup USA 1994, played in the Japanese-A League. From 1995 to 1997 he stared on the Yokohama Flugels, one of the most successful teams in the Japanese league.

[​IMG]
    --------------------
    Miami FC D1 www.soflastrikers.com/miamifc
    Ajax America Prospects http://www.ajaxamerica.com
    Central Florida Kraze http://krazesoccer.com/

6. river

river Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Cooper City
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the contrary. we are raising the bar to the next level of USL.

7. river

river Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Cooper City
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He did not say teams. He said leagues, and he also made refrence to raising the bar for the USL to next higher level..

8. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What other leagues is he referring to? MISL?

9. river

river Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Cooper City
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MISL??? I don't think so.

I didn't record the conference it but it went something like this:

At some point, Eddy Silberstein of WVCG Sport Radio in Miami and his assistant asked Muzzi the following question in Spanish:

Q:
    In view that this is not the 1st time we have had a Professional Soccer team down hear in South Florida and many of the fans have been waiting for years to fill the void that was left behind. We see that you have put together a great team. Is it your intention to continue to stay in Division 1 of the USL or would we eventually be moving to better league. (hinting MLS)

Muzzi said; (Note again: This is not a direct quote cause I didn't record it but its pretty close to what he said)
    A:
    Yes we have put together a great team as you can see for yourself its a team capable of winning this Division and bringing us many championships. But it doesn't stop there. We want to see us competing at a higher level, more International and Caribbean teams. He paused and said there is no reason why there could not be 2 leagues. He said he wanted to stay with USL because of its grass roots approach. He mentioned that he was a Board member of the USL and he said that it is his goal as well as that of the USL to raise the bar of the USL to the next level so as to be able to compete with MLS teams, International and Carriibean team, even compete in Cups etc.
    He then added that they would also like to start farm team as early as next year in the USL U16-17 U18 ?? divisions.

After his statement the entire press applauded him.

10. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thats awesome news and wonderful reporting River.

On a side note, independent of what MFC said yesterday, Strikers are scheduled to return next year in the USL1.

11. river

river Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Cooper City
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That my Friend, is awesome news.

I surely welcome the return of the Strikers. If what MFC stated is true and what you say in coming in 2007. Then indeed, the USL will be a Premier League some day (years from now) and the wheels are starting to turn in that direction.

Someone once told me that USL will never surpass MLS because MLS has much deeper pockets. Well that may be so today. But its the fans out there that dictate if a team or league makes it or not. Passion for the game.

Do you think Chelsea would be that great if the owner didn't have passion for the game. The fact that he has passion is the reason he spent so much money on making the team what it is today.

Well, we all so what happened to the Fusion; the owner had deep pockets but no passion for the game. Once he looked at the numbers and he wasn't getting the return that he expected or projected to him. He made a smart business decision and pulled out. Why! Because he didn't have the passion for the game. If he did the Fusion would still be here today.

Soccer is not all about business decisions; you have to have passion for the game and be willing to invest in your passion. Then and only then will will the supporters finally come around and take you seriously.

Well that's my 2 cents worth. I know I'm going to get flamed, It never fails every time I post on this board someone that knows more or thinks they do
    contradicts or finds a reason to un-validate what I posted.

Peace!

http://www.soflastrikers.com./forums...tars/river.gif

12. soybostero

soybostero Member

Oct 3, 2005
    Miami
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Is that the FINAL jersey design ?? Just curious if there will be any sponsors on the jersey?? The jersey seems kind of bland compared to the rest of the USL teams (not to complain, just hoping we have a busier looking uniform.)

13. river

river Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Cooper City
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was a number 11 on the back the Jersey.

It's funny how time changes things!

I remeber reading a few years back about who will be the last team to not have a sponsor pasted on their jersey. Back then it was a matter of pride to not have all the promotion on the uniforms.

No es por nada, per soy millionario!

14. river

river Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Cooper City
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This morning I noticed that the following domain was available.

http://www.southfloridastrikers.com

somewhere in this thread someone stated that it had expired and it was taken. Guess what? Its taken now!

Come visit http://southfloridastrikers.com join the support group for MiamiFC
    and watch for the return of the Strikers to Fort Lauderdale next season.

soflastriker.com and southfloridastrikers.com are now one in the same.

15. soybostero

soybostero Member

Oct 3, 2005
    Miami
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No sponsors on jerseys would be great, the problem with the jersey is the fact that it is so bland, it's one entire color, it'd be nice to throw a secondary color (blue, white)
    or
    blue and yellow ;)
    DAAAALEEEE BOOOOOCA !!!!

16. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Doesnt the Montreal Impact wear all blue also?

17. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They've got to have a sponsor on the front. That's good money and we know the sport needs money to succeed.

18. river

river Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Cooper City
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not all blue. It has a white stripe on each side and dumb orange do hicky on the neck. Yes it is a boring jersey; the players will bring it to life.

I'll see if we can get a better picture to post.

DAAALEEE DAAALLEE MFCCC!!!!

19. yankiboy

yankiboy New Member

Sep 2, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Yeah they do.

So do my beloved Puerto Rico Islanders but at the end of last season we made a change to a third jersery that we are supposedly going to make our main jersey this season. For some reason that I don't understand.

20. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. river

river Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Cooper City
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awsome pictures. I can see myself in 2 of them. I need a hair transplant!

22. yankiboy

yankiboy New Member

Sep 2, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    MiamiFC supporters are impressing the hell out of me.
    Right out of the box.
    Well Done.

23. MGFan

MGFan New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Boston, MA USA
    I have a nice picture of 4 players in uniform (I have my sources too... :) ), but I don't know how to post it.... Who could post it for me??

24. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll help. PM or email me.

25. CPRoyale

CPRoyale New Member

Apr 14, 2001
    Adams Morgan
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could TAM become the sponsor on MFC's uniform? They seem like a major sponsor by the pictures of the press conference. What is the level of their involvement?