2006 Iowa College Soccer thread

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by Buzz Killington, Aug 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sideways

sideways New Member

Aug 30, 2006
    Early report says...Cruz Herr will be back...possibly by start of season...whew!

2. sideways

sideways New Member

Aug 30, 2006
    Last weekend the adult soccer Iowa State Games were held in Ames. Luther had a team represented. Central had two teams, one Sr-Jr team and one Fr-Soph team. I saw at least one player with a Wartburg t-shirt on during pre game but don't know if they had a full team or if he was just on a make up team.
    The fields were rock hard but the games were fun. In the end a team with some Central alumni took the crown.
    This was a first look at some of the new recruits.

3. FutbolArte2

FutbolArte2 New Member

Jun 20, 2006
    Denver
    Who from Central was on the winning team at the Iowa Games?

Neither the Central teams or the Luther teams advanced....not a good sign for current college players getting beat by old guys like me...

Played the Luther team and was not impressed....granted that was not their entire team, but still...

Seeing some of the current IIAC players makes me think the league was stronger a couple years ago..

4. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From looking at the Iowa Games website, they had the rosters for the teams on there. Eric Bentzinger and Eric McDonald were both on the winning team.

5. FutbolArte2

FutbolArte2 New Member

Jun 20, 2006
    Denver
    My bad on that one. Nickel was that team...he either scored or took the focus away from the other players.

6. sideways

sideways New Member

Aug 30, 2006
    I missed something...who's Nickel?

7. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Drake graduate I believe, spent at least one season playing with DC United.

8. FutbolArte2

FutbolArte2 New Member

Jun 20, 2006
    Denver
    You are correct..played 2 seasons at DC United and decided to come back to Des Moines and live his true soccer dream... Playing in the Iowa Games and dominate local pick up and indoor games.

He is actually a friend of mine and really cool kid..too bad the MLS thing didn't work out for him.

9. sideways

sideways New Member

Aug 30, 2006
    kuhnscoot...anything change? You still staying away from Pella this Saturday?

10. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah I got a wedding to go to, so I won't be making it up.

I'm trying to check my schedule with the Central schedule to make a trip up there for a game. I think I've found a date but it's late in the season. Since my brother is going to Drake now I may make the trip up in Oct for the game against Luther and then go to the Drake game that night.

On that note, it's time to start the 07 thread. And here it is:
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?p=12539063#post12539063

11. Crimson Ace

Crimson Ace Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 4, 2003
    McKinney, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States