2006 Division II Rankings Ratings Top Teams Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by Tsunami, Aug 23, 2006.

1. EastCoastBias

EastCoastBias New Member

Sep 7, 2006
    Re: Playoff results

Tusculum went undefeated against the region field, and even though they were outshot most of the game by C-N, came up with the big goal. Their keeper is tough. Now they face a Tampa squad that will really test their defense.

Franklin Pierce is a mild surprise.. their men were supposed to have a better shot at an elite eight berth than their women, yet it's their women who are moving on. Playing very well at the end of the year.

2. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess the 4th time was not a charm for Indiana PA (IUP). They lost for the fourth time to fellow conference team West Chester. I'm glad to see that they did well this year nad made it to not only the conference final but the regional final. They seem to have mostly under classmen, so maybe they can get past West Chester next year.

3. El Steve

El Steve Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    Pittsburgh Riverhounds
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I've covered the IUP women's team for the shcool paper for the past two years... IUP's a really good young team, but there were bouts of inconsistancy, and they simply couldn't solve West Chester over FOUR games.

I agree, some more out of conference games would've been nice, and maybe just one game against the other side of the conference, with home and away rotating... but I don't know if the limited budget in a DII women's sport would allow a large amount of traveling outside of the state and local region.

But West Chester, from what I've seen, is very good... I'm not surprised that they're still making a run.

4. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States