2006 Adidas GoalKeepers GLoves !!!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by vitorbaia99, Jan 4, 2006.

1. CentraLSocceR411

CentraLSocceR411 New Member

Nov 14, 2005
    Burlington, IL

I like the first one Im not a keeper though

2. vitorbaia99

vitorbaia99 New Member

Dec 29, 2005
    Malaysia
    y dont u try the goalkeeper position? lol...it would b fun

3. Keeper24

Keeper24 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Massachusetts, USA

all i got to say is wow....i have had fingersaves and Vapors and i must admit i love the vapors...i had the old style fingersaves and i loved them(the white and gold ones) and i loved those...then i got the white and blue fingersaves and could not stand them....i love the vapor 3's however....and when these gloves come out definitly going to get them

4. vitorbaia99

vitorbaia99 New Member

Dec 29, 2005
    Malaysia

do u mind to post all ur goalkeeper gloves pics here? i wanna see it...lol...thanks

5. Old US Keeper

Old US Keeper New Member

Sep 29, 2004
    Chandler, AZ
    If you want to see goalkeeper-specific equipment on a goalkeeper-specific forum, may I also suggest www.keeperzone.com. Keepers from around the world discuss gloves, technique, etc.

Not to take anything away from this forum, just that this other one is especially for goalkeepers.

A word of warning–they aren't as tolerant as BS has been with you when it comes to using any profanity or insulting another forum member. If you can't say something nice, don't bother saying anything at all.

6. Keeper24

Keeper24 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Massachusetts, USA
    i do not know how to put pics on this website...i will if you want to teach me!...p.m. me

7. JUKE BOX8

JUKE BOX8 New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    SAN josie
    join a photo site like photobucket start an account, put your pictures just upload them, and then when it on the posting window you'll see a little picture icon so just copy and paste the URL from the site and paste it.

8. vitorbaia99

vitorbaia99 New Member

Dec 29, 2005
    Malaysia

u go to www.imageshack.us then browse ur picture file ,click Host it and wait...

after a while u go to the bottom page,then u ll see a website in the blank of "Direct link to image" , copy the site...

now the site belongs to u...

if u wanna post ur pics on " 2006 Adidas GoalKeepers GLoves !!! ", click post reply...

then u ll see a mountain icon on the bar... click it n paste ur site into the blank...

after that u submit it, ur pic ll come out...

i apologize bcauz my english isnt that good, hope u ll understand...thanks

9. soccerstudly

soccerstudly Member

Dec 17, 2003
    WHEN DO THESE GLOVES COME OUT?

10. metrofan_goal23

metrofan_goal23 New Member

Aug 2, 2004
    Virginia
    just before the world cup starts i think

11. Keeper24

Keeper24 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Massachusetts, USA
    the only gloves that i still have are my selsports and my vapor 3's..i do not no how to put pics on here but if u like gimme a email and i can send it threw there!!

12. Mini Shay

Mini Shay New Member

Mar 27, 2005
    England
    Well, theres mine!
    [​IMG]

13. Keeper24

Keeper24 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Massachusetts, USA
    and i thought i owned alot of gloves...how did u get those customized..they look pretty cool

14. vitorbaia99

vitorbaia99 New Member

Dec 29, 2005
    Malaysia

those r gorgeous !!! u must b a great goalie...lol...

15. Old US Keeper

Old US Keeper New Member

Sep 29, 2004
    Chandler, AZ
    He got them customized at Just Keepers (www.just-keepers.com)

Some guys collect boots, we collect gloves. Here are my personal gloves at the moment:
    [​IMG]

Top row (left to right): 05/06 Sells Durasoft Touch (RF model), 05/06 Sells Adhesion Ultra Surround, 03/04 Sells Dual Adhesion Contact, 04/05 Selsport Absorb XSG+.
    Middle row (left to right): 04/05 Sells Adhesion Plus Breeze, 04/05 Sells Flare Supersoft, 05/06 Sells Comfort Supersoft (negative cut), 04/05 Puma King IC (negative cut).
    Bottom row (left to right): 04/05 Sells Adhesion Plus Profile (negative cut), 04/05 HO Kontakt, 05/06 HO Protek R-Negative, 05/06 Nike Tiempo Premier.

16. ChewieGK1

ChewieGK1 New Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Here is some of my collection. Sorry for the poor pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. vitorbaia99

vitorbaia99 New Member

Dec 29, 2005
    Malaysia
    Great collections !!! u all opened my eyes big...lol

18. Keeper24

Keeper24 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Massachusetts, USA
    heres a question...is there a reason to have more then 2 pairs of gloves..1 for matches and 1 for training??

19. Old US Keeper

Old US Keeper New Member

Sep 29, 2004
    Chandler, AZ
    You obviously haven't been affected by glovitis yet, the sickness that causes goalkeepers to buy more gloves than you could possibly need, and to develop an attraction to natural latex! ;)

To seriously answer your question, some gloves perform better in dry conditions, other better in wet. Some gloves are neg cut, some are roll, etc.

20. Mini Shay

Mini Shay New Member

Mar 27, 2005
    England
    And some just look nice and you have to buy them!

21. Keeper24

Keeper24 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Massachusetts, USA
    well i think i will get ''glovitis'' when i have enougnb money to buy them myslef cuz ryte now my rents r still buying my soccer stuff for me

22. Keeper24

Keeper24 New Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Massachusetts, USA
  23. Old US Keeper

Old US Keeper New Member

Sep 29, 2004
    Chandler, AZ
    Obviously you are not familiar with most negative cut gloves then. :rolleyes: Most have very minimal backhands.

OK, here's where I start bursting bubbles!

As a keeper, you should NEVER, NEVER, NEVER (did I say NEVER) judge the quality of a glove by what finger support it has. Proper technique & finger strengthening exercises are more important. I never wear a glove with fp (finger protection) unless I already have a seriously damaged finger & need a little something to help support it UNTIL it heals completely.

I strongly feel that fp gloves lead to sloppy technique with most younger keepers. You would be surprised if you knew how many keepers sponsored by adidas have no fp in their gloves, even though the backhand LOOKS like a Fingersave model.

Now, to emphasize my case, two years ago I decided to wear an adidas Fingersave glove for the first time. I came out to claim a cross, & getting sloppy with my technique, I turned my head quickly to see where I would distribute the ball before it was ever in my grasp.
    WHAM! The ball hits the tip of my finger, tearing the top tendon off. All it felt like was a typical jammed finger, but when I took the glove off my finger looked like this:
    [​IMG]

The injury is commonly known as "Mallet Finger".
    Lesson–don't think fp gloves will prevent you from damaging your fingers! It is more of a marketing gimmick than you probably realize.

24. ChewieGK1

ChewieGK1 New Member

Feb 7, 2005
    I totally agree OldUS. Finger protection gloves are basically a crutch for bad technique. They protect against one type of injury (hyperextension), and that is really about it.