2006/2007 Parma Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Italy: Northern Clubs' started by Cassano, Jul 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Parma's thread for the 2006/2007 season. They had a good year under Beretta last season, but he has left for Siena, while star Marchionni went to Juventus, Fabio Simplicio went to Palermo, and Bresciano may follow him there. Ex-Modena boss Stefano Pioli has taken over and pending appeals Parma may play in the UEFA Cup next year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parma_FC

2. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Indeed, Bresciano is now gone to Palermo. :(

In exchange, we get Igor Budan and Maurizio Ciaramitaro. I don't know much about them.

We've also lost Corradi, of course, whose loan ended and he went to Man City. And we really haven't added anybody of note, so it looks like another tough season for us. Oh well.

3. meccano

meccano New Member

Jul 29, 2006
    Dublin, Ireland
    Ciaramitaro scored a good couple of goals last season...maybe a downgrade from Simplicio.

Paolo Castellini is set to sign a contract in the next few days and Perna will be coming into cover the centreback slot although he is practically serie B standard...oh and lost embarrisingly to Sampdoria today in a pre season friendly.

4. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  5. Tuscany

Tuscany New Member

Apr 19, 2006
    UAE
    http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/oct11l.html

Parma Trio ( Bolano, Pisanu, and Paponi) extend deal .
    Bolan has the Gattuso's similarity. He works too hard in the middlefield. Pisanu is my favorite Parma player in the last three years. He is awesome on the right flank.

this season, Beratta seems to put Pisanu up in the attacking line as Coly is taking the right back spot. I kind of like this adjustment.

Bolano should fight for his spot. Grella sounds to me the best Parma choice at the middle. Both Dessena and Ciaramitaro don't have the highly consistent performance.

6. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Parma has been having a bad run so far. Only one point in five matches. I think they even stop trying in the UEFA Cup so they focus only on the Serie A. Pioli hasn't been the lifesaver Beretta was and De Lucia is an erratic keeper. The way he is been conciding goals hasn't been to impressive.

7. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Two wins now for Parma. A 1-0 win against Ascoli and a 3-1 win against Atalanta. The second goal against Atalanta was a controversial one but I can only say this:

VINNIE!

8. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  9. Dannyd

Dannyd Member

Apr 18, 2006
    Sydney
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Any of you blokes be able to tell me what the deal is with Vinnie Grella? He hasn't been playing of late and I wonder whether that is through injury or a change in direction by the manager?

10. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Injury. When he has been playing, he is usually the captain.

11. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Not another rumour. Paponi scores one wonder goal and this rumour pops up.

12. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Parma have announced that they will hold an auction sometime this month to finally sell the club.

The most interested ownership team seems to be ex-Juve director Antonio Giraudo and Renault F1 head Flavio Briatore.

13. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    this club sadly seems doomed to relegation. hard to imagine a new owner would have time to bring in the proper reinforcements in january..

14. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I would hate to see Parma go down. I've always had a soft spot for Parma, it was amazing how a small club became such a force in the 90s and it's too bad they are having problems. They have one of the best youth academies in Italy and have produced so many talented youngsters.

15. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I guess that's what happens when a big company like Parmalat falls into pieces.

It is a shame that this is happening but hopefully some of their youngsters stay in the Serie A and make their mark. If the club does go bankrupt, maybe they can do a Fiorentina and become a force again.

16. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  17. VigorLamezia

VigorLamezia New Member

Mar 24, 2005
    CT
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I've been seeing Luca Cigarini playing recently and has shown some flashes of quality, still very young but I like what I've seen. Another youth talent they have in the wings, looks like he is a promising midfielder from what I saw against Empoli today and in Coppa Italia.

18. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yes Cigarini also got some looks by Casiraghi with the U21s. Another talent from Parma.

19. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    Anyone think Braga have a good chance against Parma?

20. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Braga may have a chance because Parma has a young squad. Parma though play differently in Europe so Braga aren't going to be playing an opponent who is regularly struggling in the league format.

21. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think when Parma get new management they have a problem to solve:

Do they fire Pioli, bring someone else in and risk ruining the locker room and possibly condemning the team to Serie B?

Or do they keep Pioli and see if they can achieve la salvezza.

22. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    as painful as it is, I think it may actually be for the best. they can go down to B and reorganize in the fashion that you speak of.

then hopefully a new owner has deep pockets and can augment a new group of young talent when they return to A.