2006/2007 Fiorentina Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Italy: Northern Clubs' started by Cassano, May 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  2. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Our management continues to say that they will discuss Toni's contract after the World Cup.

3. HuntKop

HuntKop Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Sulla mia Vespa
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Seems to me, the likelihood of Toni's stock going up from the WC is low. That is to say, it certainly could go up if he has a fantastic tournament - but it could also drop with an injury, sub-par performance, etc.

Hard to know what to think about all of this, really.

4. Hexenmeister

Hexenmeister Member

Aug 9, 2000
    Kearney, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  5. HuntKop

HuntKop Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Sulla mia Vespa
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Caught that, too. Seems like we'll be playing the waiting game until after the WC.

6. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The makings of a solid squad remains from last term and with a few key additions they could be a dangerous team both in Serie A and Europe next season!

Mario Santana is a good signing, he's quite a player!
    Fabio Liverani is a fantastic player!
    Sebastian Frey one of the best keepers in the WORLD! Top 20 at worst!

These signings show serious ambition...

7. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    Hey, I was just wondering what Fiorentina fans thought of Nuno Gomes while he was there. Thanks.

8. Unico10

Unico10 Member

Nov 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He was certainly more dedicate in his chase of beautiful girls than willing to chase after opponents.

A classic "could have been great" player like there are so many (Morfeo comes to mind).

9. Giallorossi_7

Giallorossi_7 Member

Jan 18, 2006
    Canada
    How Many Of U Voila Fans Jumped On The Ban Wagon... Roma Should Be In 4th But They R Not But The Will Be Next Year And The Viola Wont... Hopefully Juve Get Kicked Out Of Serie A Like They Should And Roma Make Champs This Year So They Can Take The Viola Out... U Guys R Nothing Wioth Out Luca,,, And Ull Be Nothing Next Year Like U Usually Are Forza Roma!!!

10. Fiorentina lives!

May 5, 2004
    Yo, Giallo, crack is bad for ya...

11. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    A few years ago while I lived in Florence I would watch all kinds of Fiorentina soccer shows. Cecchi Gori's wife or girlfriend at the time was Valeria Marini. She went on a soccer tv show talking of Nuno Gomes. She said that the Serie A or the FIGC basically wanted to run Cecchi Gori out of the game which they did. She said if they would have allowed him to sell off Nuno Gomes, Fiorentina would have survived and paid off its debt and would have continued on in Serie B instead of having to start all over in the 4th. This was in 2003, 3 years ago. Former Fiore, Milan & Italy GK, Giovanni Galli who was at the helm of the newley formed Serie C2 Florentia Viola, contradicted everything she said and stated that there was just no market for him but that the debts were many and his sale wouldn't have covered it. Valeria being what she was kept on defending Cecchi Gori the year before while Fiorentina was relegated to the bottom of the Serie A in 2001/2002. A few months after that I think the cops broke into her apt in Rome finding both of them doing some questionable things which I forget.
    Anyway, this is what I remember about Nuno Gomes.

12. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  13. kravi

kravi Member

May 3, 2004
    Section 134
    I'm sorry, but did anyone understand this?

I'd really like to see Toni return to Fiorentina next year. He's a phenominal player, and with the Viola spending money to improve the team, we can only do better...

Now I have even more to be nervous about.

--Me

14. IlRomanoItaliano

IlRomanoItaliano New Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Roma
    Che cazo stai a dire? Stfu man, Viola are a good team, they are just like us, if they have 1 good striker that actualy playes (unlike Montella) we would both kick Juve and Milan's ass....now can we have Luca Toni?? lol jk jk

15. ForzaCassano

ForzaCassano New Member

Apr 9, 2006
    Toronto
    Luca Toni?!?!?!?! Buddy obviously hasent been watching the world cup.. him and your "oh holy one" totti do not play well together at all, and visibly do not see eye to eye!

16. HuntKop

HuntKop Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Sulla mia Vespa
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Luca Toni played extremely well in the first match. I will agree, a striker's primary job is scoring goals, so he has fallen short in that area. But he's been involved, and I was surprised to see him subbed out so early against the US.

I'm gonna choose to believe that he'll come out of this goal drought in a big way against the Czechs.

17. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Fiorentina got Manuele Blasi on loan from Juventus.

18. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It was funny about Toni, I thought he wouldn't get shut out by the Ameri"h"ani. But he looked lost against GOOCH & Bocanegra. too bad those guys weren't paired up against the Czech's , things may have gone differently.
    Oh well all Italy needs is a tie and they win the group and avouid Brazil, I think. I still don't think Brazil is unbeatable, unless they get better as they go along. Right now they don't look as good as either 98 or 02.

19. NER_MCFC

NER_MCFC Member

May 23, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is correct only if Ghana does not win. A Ghana win would mean that Italy would have to win also to take the group.

20. Fiorentina lives!

May 5, 2004
    Sobering news and we have to really worry about our club: Fiorentina will go to trial and the Serie B threat is there. :( The whole Toni point might be moot.

Della Valle better do some good 'splainin' to do. :mad:

PS: But Juve could indeed go down to C after all!!!:eek:

21. HuntKop

HuntKop Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Sulla mia Vespa
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yes, this is a worry. I was not a fun person to be around yesterday, once I heard the official news. Of course, it was expected, but seeing it in print was upsetting.

22. Fiorentina lives!

May 5, 2004
    HuntKop, it gets worse.

Prosecutor asks for:

-Relegation to B
    -A penalty of 15 POINTS!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Basically it's almost relegation to C...

Oh yeah AC Milan... B and ONLY 3 pts. :rolleyes:

23. HuntKop

HuntKop Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Sulla mia Vespa
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What?? Where did you see this?

24. Fiorentina lives!