2006/2007 Chievo Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Italy: Northern Clubs' started by SueB, Aug 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I saw that Cossato managed to get off the bench.

2. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    for 2 minutes.

3. king_allsopp

king_allsopp New Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Chievo 1-0 Ascoli
    43' Marcolini

WE ARE STAYING UP, SAY WE ARE STAYING UP :D

4. king_allsopp

king_allsopp New Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Anyone know where i can get attendance figures of games? I wanted to know what the attendance figure for Chievo V Ascoli was?

5. forzareggina

forzareggina Member

Reggina
    United States
    Aug 24, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Reggina Calcio
    how about chievo win their own match instead of constantly whining and telling milan and lazio to "do their duty"

what a bunch of bitches

6. king_allsopp

king_allsopp New Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    I wonder how much Reggina is going to pay Milan this week? thats the only way you should stay alive in Serie A, if you beat Milan it will be an absolute disgrace.

7. Reazzurro90

Reazzurro90 New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Connecticut, USA
    Instead of fixating yourselves on Reggina and Milan (and it really wouldn't be too much of a surprise to see a defeated Milan, considering that Milan will be fielding a primavera squad indefinitely), perhaps you should be more worried about your decisive match against Calcio Catania....

8. king_allsopp

king_allsopp New Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Why would i be worried about the Catania match? we are going to win anyway.

9. king_allsopp

king_allsopp New Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Serie A Week 38
    Catania - Chievo

The last game of the season turns out to be the most important game this year, only needing a point against a struggling Cantania team. Its been a very up & down season for the flying donkeys, Champions League to start the year, i would never had thought we would end up like this.

Last 5 games we have produced 3 wins so our form is good, Lorenzo D'Anna, Fabio Moro, Giuseppe Scurto, Luciano, Giuseppe Cozzolino and Luis Cesar Prates all look to be in doubt with injuries.

Once again Semioli & Sammarco will play big roles in the midfield, Brighi? well what can i say, he is a superstar and it would only be fitting if he was the one to score the winner to keep us up.

Bogdani and Pellissier have had a great season and formed a formitable duo up front, with the size of Bogdani being able to control the air, to Pellissier's ground level skills makes it a hard match up for any side.

With Del Neri back(the master tactician) we have looked so much better, we are more organised and the players have got there confidence back & are starting to believe again, we need to get back to UEFA Cup and Champions League form once again & i think we will under Del Neri.

I am very confident in gettnig a win and finishing off the season on a high note, our future looks bright with plenty of up and coming stars in the side.

FORZA CHIEVO!!!
    FORZA CHIEVO!!!

10. Reazzurro90

Reazzurro90 New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Connecticut, USA
    That's hysterical.

Crowing victory before the game is not intelligent, my friend, and if the whole of Chievo holds your attitude, you will be spending next year in Serie B. :D

We'll just see how 'comfortable' you'll be tomorrow morning when the match starts.... :D

11. Epirotian

Epirotian New Member

Mar 5, 2007
    Himare, Albania
    Forca Chievo.

12. forzareggina

forzareggina Member

Reggina
    United States
    Aug 24, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Reggina Calcio
    the donkeys are going to fly straight down to serie b tomorrow
    you've heard it here first

13. king_allsopp

king_allsopp New Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia

Why wouldnt i be confident? our form has been 3 wins from last 5 games, if we dont beat Catania it will be a big disapointment.

14. forzareggina

forzareggina Member

Reggina
    United States
    Aug 24, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Reggina Calcio
    lol

way to go
    why didn't your media silence work?
    the cry baby donkeys are going down

15. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The miracle is over. They lasted 6 years though. Not bad.

16. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I agree. It was a great run. They are a small club and remember that 6 years ago they were the 4th club from Serie B to qualify....Also, don't forget that last year they qualified for UEFA & then the CL because of the scandal. I don't think they ever got over that. When you compete in Europe you can't keep selling your top players and you also need a strong bench. I don't think they bought many players either. They paid dearly for playing in Europe. The changing of coaches from Pillon to Del Neri after the midseason didn't help either. Hopefully, they will return to the Serie A soon!

17. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Derby with Hellas next year. Although i really hope Hellas gets demoted to c1 :)

18. Reazzurro90

Reazzurro90 New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Connecticut, USA
    You get what you deserve for your arrogant attitude.

Catania defeated Chievo 2-0, and I couldn't be happier.

Have fun in Serie B, you had a nice spell in A. Good luck. :D

19. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  20. king_allsopp

king_allsopp New Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    How was i arrogant? Our form was better than Catania going into the game, so im arrogant for thinking my team was going to win.

21. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Chievo had an impressive run for six years. In Serie A, the Flying Donkeys had put in some fine performances and their 2001-02 season was remarkable. Great things don't last and this run by Chievo proved it. What I haven't been impressed with from is Chievo was their attempts in Europe. The Donkeys were very disappointing and the loss to Levski was with all due respect, a disgrace. Maybe if they showed the same spirit like in A, maybe things would have been different.

I don't know how Chievo will go in Serie B but I'd be surprised if Obinna, Bogdani and Brighi stayed at the club. Brighi had been very vital in Chievo's cause and I wouldn't mind seeing him go to another Serie A club. One player who I wouldn't want to see in Serie A again is Pellissier. He wastes far too many chances.

22. king_allsopp

king_allsopp New Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Brighi, Semioli & Sammarco will go. Im not to sure about the rest of the squad right now, Obinna may stay one more season.

23. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm sorry for you, guys :( ... since Chievo is one of my fav Italian teams.

Hope you'll be back soon.

24. pippomo

pippomo Member

Jun 15, 2006
    Modena
    Serie B is still too much....

25. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Pellissier will most likely leave and stick around in Serie A.

Maybe Mantovani as well.