2006/2007 Ascoli Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Italy: Northern Clubs' started by Cassano, Jul 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hope you guys are back soon! If Ascoli can have a season like their 2005-06 season, maybe some people will start talking about Ascoli more often.

2. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Well thats it, however very unlikely to see Ascoli have such a great season in the near future, but we always hope. Many people still ignore italian football on a whole, so even if Ascoli achieve another great season it will still be a few talking about them + not many Ascoli in Ascoli nor around the world.

Hopefully the 17th year Ascoli is in A people will start to talk about Ascoli more, however many people forget Ascoli's glory years, when italian football was at one of their heights. I pray one day we'll see reapeat performances which saw Ascoli finish 5th and 6th in A, then people may talk, lol.

3. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The main reason, IMO, on why Ascoli's best season is forgotten is because that was the same year in which the Totonero scandal broke out.

4. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    A bit of a treat for you guys.

Tutti Gol di 2005/2006 (thanks to cirb)
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CkStMSHkUU[/youtube]
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY-RWQnRJOU[/youtube]

5. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Tutti Gol di 2006/2007
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLBInRciVIQ[/youtube]
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD7EUDizcKc[/youtube]

6. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    why aren't my youtube wraps working???

7. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    After the equal sign from the youtube link, you need those letters. The rest you can delete. Quote my message just to see.

[youtube]_CkStMSHkUU[/youtube]

8. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    cheers buddy, but it seems the bloke who put them up has put them on private.

9. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    no worries

10. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    don't know sometimes.
    Tesser and Sonetti are similar managers IMO not really having such a forceful style of game they want their teams to play.
    Fair enough Tesser might be hungry to prove people wrong with a second chance but i really don't know sometimes.
    Anyways ciao Nedo.
    Not sure who will become next seasons manager but it looks like Tesser is the front runner.

Ok Bjelanovic is wanted by Torino. We don't know whats going on yet cause Bjelanovic is at his mates wedding - Igor Budan's in fact - congrats to him. Anyways part of the deal will involve a swap with 18 year old french boy Dominique Sossorobla Malonga whom Torino bought from Monaco, Massive wraps on the forward, but as we know at Ascoli there hasn't been a successful player from not italy in a long time now, in fact since Bierhoff. He's compare to as a Anelka.

Next on the news is IVO IACONI, tipped as maybe a surprise signing for the managers job. Now he's had a fantastic season at Frosinone, personally i've enjoyed their brand of football. He's very much seen as a manager to get Serie C1 teams to Serie B. So going to Ascoli would be a big step for him. Only time will tell now, on who is going to Ascoli.

Another name for the managers role is the young Salvatore CAMPILONGO, he's 45 years old and has guided Cavese to a near Serie B promotion. Salvatore started his time at Cavese in 04/05 where he got the team to finish in the C2 playoffs. The next season produced a top of the table performance which saw Cavese premoted to Serie C1. This season he's guided them to a playoff birth, but lost in the very last minute against Foggia (whom are to playoff against Avellino for Serie B). He's a young manager and maybe that should be Ascoli's focus, considering their focus for young players. However he is inexperienced in Serie B, on the other hand his results are impressive.

11. Enties87

Enties87 New Member

Jun 9, 2007
    Gothenburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Hello aussie_ascoli =)

Seems you have some great knowledge about Ascoli.. Do you know if Fontana and Di Biagio will stay and play next season?

Any transfers in/out or released players would be great too know about so I know how Ascoli will 'look' next year in Serie B :)

Thanks in advance

Enties

12. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Cheers buddy.

I'm not sure what will go on with Jimmy and Gigi, their contracts are finished up. I have a feeling they wont be offered a new contract. However i personally believe they are useful for the up and comers. My dream is to see Fontana manage Ascoli in Serie A :D, i reakon he's one player who has the brains to do it.

We in goals Ascoli may have this young kid Dazzi, seeing Ele has left for Siena.
    Defence i can only see Corallo as the only survivor, and hopefully Bocchetti returns on loan from Frosinone (was in the intial list of U21's, but when cutting down he lost out).
    Midfield, depends if Ascoli sells, But it seems Zanetti wants to stay, which isause he's young. Hopefully Pesce isn't sold, same with Guberti but other clubs are seeing the potential in these young players. Perulli is another player who will seems to stay. Fini looks like he'll be heading to Cagliari, and Boudianski will be leaving as well.
    Upfront, Ascoli will seem to lose everyone, Paolucci returning to Juve from his loan spell. Torino really want Bjelanovic, which may lead to young prospect Malonga on loan part of the deal. Soncin, i really want at Ascoli, hopefully he can spend another loan period with the bianconeri. Apparently Bucchi may want to relive his Ascoli form back with the grande picchio.
    The manager role seems to have Tesser in pole position :( . Personally i rather have someone else, if Tesser does come, i hope he proves he wrong, but i do't like the fact he does not have a distinct style.

13. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Got some good news last night - Iaconi is the new manager of Ascoli. I liked his style of play with Frosinone last season - he likes playing a certain style, rather than trying to rely on individual talents, and simply placing players to play positions. Rather than that he likes, the wide movements, overlapping play, and quick attacks into the box, rather than holding the ball, so the opposition can't play.

The style will look something similar to this

-------------------GK-----------------------
    WB----------CB--------CB----------------WB
    -----------DM------------DM----------------
    ---W-----------------------------------W---
    --------------------SS----------------------
    --------------------FC----------------------

With the DM one is a traditional DM, and the other the more creative/higher up DM, the goto player when the ball is longer moving forward - sits in the whole to recieve the ball and find players in positions.

Traditional italian WB, making the overlapps.

Also a Second Striker in behind the bomber, not so much of a AM but goes into the free spaces, presenting with his back to the goals.

14. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    So this guy would have a role that is similar to Viduka's for Oz and Kanoute's for Sevilla but the forward is more of a support act and doesn't focus too much on scoring goals?

15. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Yeah much similar, trying to draw out players. Holding the ball up for the wider players, getting the layoffs to shoot outside the box, able to turn a player. And sinally in the middle of the action for a cross. The bomber will roam the line, running into gaps created. One that worke awesomely well was when Budan and Quagliarella were together or if it was Quagliarella - Bjelanovic, etc. Where they would interchange this role throughout the game.

16. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    :eek:
    Its finally occured aussie_ascoli has surpassed 1000 posts, nearly 3 years on this forum. The cycle has occured - i started here when Ascoli were in B, and now at this point Ascoli are once more in Serie B. I hope my contribution of 0.56% in this Italy section has been worth every penny. :D .

GRAZIE A DIO SONO ASCOLANO :D

17. LeboViola

LeboViola New Member

Apr 29, 2007
    Adelaide, South Oz
    hi there aussie_ascoli, my name's bernard. i would like to put forward my congratulations on passing 1000 posts. hopefully its official and you dont do a romario and count posts that you wrote on paper.

18. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    :eek: i thought i passed mark.

Bernard i first went on this website during IT classes, thats how long ago it was.

19. LeboViola

LeboViola New Member

Apr 29, 2007
    Adelaide, South Oz
    Who was ur teacher again? Mr.Proctor or Wheatley-Dawson? Remember him? The guy had his hands down the back of his pants everyday LoL

20. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    No even better Rodgers.

21. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    A Lebo with a name like Bernard? I could never picture that.

22. LeboViola

LeboViola New Member

Apr 29, 2007
    Adelaide, South Oz
    Northern Lebanon was known as a French colony in the early years so there is a lot of french influence in our region. Think my first name is unusual? My middle name is greek and my last name is aramaic :eek:

23. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    I think he may think your an Islamico, with a name something like Muhammad Abu Osama Musab al-Zarqawi Bin Ladin Smith.

Please forgive the chocopino community ;)

24. LeboViola

LeboViola New Member

Apr 29, 2007
    Adelaide, South Oz

hahahahahahahahahaha bin laden smith thats tooooo funny man!!!!

We goin norwood with the others tonight?

25. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Yeah most probably