2006/2007 Ascoli Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Italy: Northern Clubs' started by Cassano, Jul 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    100th Reply [​IMG]

FORZA PICCHIO

2. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ascoli was officially relegated today.

3. LeboViola

LeboViola New Member

Apr 29, 2007
    Adelaide, South Oz
    Its a shame..... aussie_ascoli are we still gonna have the serie a and b nights?

Oh by the way.... i kinda upset all of the beckham fans.... will that get me kicked off here?

4. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Can't say it wasn't coming, poor decisions by the club and the referees. Thats alright Serie B is the second greatest league in the world.

5. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Yeah probably, but it means no-more saturday nights for a whole season.

6. LeboViola

LeboViola New Member

Apr 29, 2007
    Adelaide, South Oz
    Its alright, saturday nights in adelaide are crap anyways. HQ is the worst club i've ever been to closely followed by RedSquare.

7. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Bullsh1t HQ is daylights better than Redsquare - only dirty's go to red square, extreme dirty's.

Anyways FORZA DAI PICCHIO.........

8. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Sonetti wants to stay, i say he shouldn't stay, sure he was able to achieve promotion with us 16 years ago, but now times have changed, and there are some good young managers around.

Other news. Soncin was extend his loan period with Ascoli, and Fini wants to stay in Serie

9. treviso rulz

treviso rulz New Member

May 9, 2007
    SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
    who gives a crap about ascoli they are shit treviso and milan are better

10. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Why don't you go watch your basketball and Rugby you knob.

11. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Tell me how a bigger population in Treviso than Ascoli, and they are so sh1t??? Honestly stick to Rugby and Basketball, BANDWAGONER.

lol, tell this to your ultras as well, and they'll even tell you where to go, i guess you didn't know Treviso's and Ascoli's ultras has a friendship thing going on.

12. LeboViola

LeboViola New Member

Apr 29, 2007
    Adelaide, South Oz
    when you mess with ascoli you mess with me. you're saying ascoli are crap and you support TREVISO!!!!! I rate Juve Stabia above Treviso. Who are treviso?!?!?! just a bunch of hick red necks. I bet you've never seen treviso play, and you know they are shit so you support a big team like milan, who by the way have no relationship with Treviso. At least he supports Ascoli and ONLY Ascoli. Go play in traffic you miserable excuse for a shrivelled up monkey penis.

13. LeboViola

LeboViola New Member

Apr 29, 2007
    Adelaide, South Oz
    Remember Jess? hahahahahahahahahaha

14. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    hahaha, didn't even think of her.

15. LeboViola

LeboViola New Member

Apr 29, 2007
    Adelaide, South Oz
    I think that treviso bloke could be Denton in disguise. :p

16. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    I think he may of learned his lesson now. You can tell when they punch above their weight. Most small club supporters respect other small club supporters, even if they may hate the club, or the tifosi. I don't care if he hates Ascoli, but there was a lack of respect. Lack of respect to a non big club supporter (he should of saw this before seeing i was an Ascoli supporter), and to a club of 16 seasons in Serie A, 2 Cadetti, Mitropa cup, and Serie C Super Cup. All starting from the regional divisions with a population of 50 000. Lucky for him he will see my post in the "club" thread and see i respected him, i thought he was a supporter of a non-big club, just shows me, he's got a lot to learn.

17. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    :eek: nah he would of apologised to Yammas by now :D

18. LeboViola

LeboViola New Member

Apr 29, 2007
    Adelaide, South Oz
    Oh that was funny, damn that kid had issues.

19. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    THE NEXT ASCOLI MANAGER

Chi????

Here are the top candidates.

Massimo Ficcadenti - Ascolano born albiet in Fermo, has had some sucess at Verona. He seems to be in pole position, but his records don't exactly impress me so much. Plus playing for Sambmerda for a while doesn't sit to well with me.

Rosario Pergolizzi - He's the current Palermo manager (co). He's played at the club, so he knows what it means to play for the shirt and the flag. He played as a defender. He was Pillon's assistant manager in the year that saw Ascoli promoted to Serie B. Worked wonderfully with Palermo's primavera squad in fact very successful. He's also banging some ascolana ass (his wife, lol).

Fabrizio Castori - The biggest name of the group, and would be a dream aquasition, yet i can't see it happening, as he's attracted interest from Juve, and Napoli and other likes. So i guess it doesn't seem possible, but you never know, especially if the club has shown him the direction of the club and he likes it. He's the current manager of Cesena, and has seen the club battle into promotion playoff spots. Could he be the next Mazzone of Ascoli???

Elio Gustinetti - Gus had a bad run then all of a sudden a return to Albinoleffe, has brought him back into a considered manager, in which Arezzo purchased him for last season, and saw him guide them to a near playoff spot.

Other Remondina, and Cari. Also Sonetti.

It doesn't look like Ascoli will try to return to Serie A, so we have to be realistic, so maybe Gustinetti or Sonetti will have to do in Serie B.

20. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Grazie Ragazzi, FORZA PICCHIO

21. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Time to say goodbye.

Welcome back to Serie B.

What an amazing 2 seasons in Serie A, to drive the total to 16 seasons. Included in this was an a season that will go down in history, as one of the most successful seasons in Ascoli Calcio history. It was a long time between drinks, and a outcome we would not of imagined only 2 years ago. I remember thinking to myself, i will never see Ascoli's name in Serie A. Thank God, this proven wrong, and to a even more deserving club. A club who once the miracle of italian football, who suffered since Rozzi's death, and took them a decade to recover, including seven brutal years in Serie C1, yet the fans and city never backed down. 2005/2006 a year of history, and on a personal note a season which helped my life, get to as normal as it could possible get after my fathers death in that August. A season in which aussie_ascoli made his first pilgrimige to the stadio Cino e Lillo Del Duca to see Ascoli Vs Treviso, and a winning goal to the future italian internation Fabio Quagliarella. There are names, and games, that i'll remember til my death, none more-so than Marco Giampaolo, the tactical mastermind, who's gave plan is inprinted in my mind, and games such as against Milan, Treviso, and Roma. I call this season the season to never forget.

Another season to never forget is this current season, the lack of names and results have made this a dissapointing season, however its always a pleasure to see Ascoli in Serie A. Its not all doom and gloom, simply because the fire in the belly will be ever stronger for next seasons campaign. There are always moments that you cherish, like the game against Roma in Rome, where Ascoli led but were robbed by the referee, a common occurance during the season. They say a true fan, is there til the end, and often enough, feels more love for a team. This is so the case, as it is easy to love your club when they are winning, and feel a every lasting emotion towards them, but nothing signals this more than a season of hurt and pain. To love in this situation, even with bitter dissappointment, really shows how much the clubs means to you.

Serie B, i'm not sure whats installed for the Picchio yet, however i can't wait. I can't wait to see Ascoli again, yet i believe the team will not strive for promotion. I can't wait to show my passion when week one starts, Ascoli in a new strip, new sponsor, new young kids, but with the same passion, the same badge, the same love. Hopefully Ascoli can re-create some more memorable moments in Serie B, to add my my growing list. I remember the first game won at home after a seven year absence, not to mention the first game of the year against Salernitana. Hopefully Ascoli re-creates moments like a 2-0 win over rivals Ternana, or the glancing header by Fontana against Ancona to give a historic win against the old rival, or the 4-0 drubbing of Napoli, or Cejas penalty, the 2-1 victory over the communist bastards, Tentoni's header to put Ascoli 1-0 ahead in Ancona, Bruno's last minute winner against Genoa and Beppi Pillon. What about the next season the como, and Pescara victories, Ammazzalorso first win, the last second free kick to level against Catania, the 4-0 spanking of Fiorentina thanks to Pià and Fonatana, the pià dominance of the opposition. The incredible season in 04/05 many many defining moment to this season, as Bucchi, and Colacone fired. Modesto, Antonelli, Fini, through the wings. Biso, Cristiano, Speranza in the middle, and de martis, Brevi and Cudini, in defence. Coppola in porta after Miccilo got injured, and Maurantonio was relegated. Not mention the others. Fantastic season, with the first win against Catanzaro then Treviso (Bucchi's first goal of many), Verona where Cristiano stole the show, with a overhead bicycle kick that went top corner, then a shot from distance into the top corner, against Bari where both keepers went sent off lol, the trip to Pescara, the killing of Cesena 4-0, the winner than fight after the game against the team from Salerno, Modena win, which signified Ascoli's intentions, then the magnificant run home against Cesena, Pescara, and Modena. Then the play-off, where Ascoli played off their pants, and deserved the win, yet two flukey goals in Torino sent Ascoli packing. It was stated that Ascoli played as good as any Serie A team....in fact CL material, in that game. The fans proudly saluted the team off, and expected another memorable year in Serie B, yet that was not the case.

The next chapter is to continue, hopefully it will as successful as the lastest seasons in Serie B, with as much great momories.

FORZA PICCHIO DAI.

22. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    grAzie rAgAzzi for not finishing bottom of the tAble. Lets go guys and return in A.

FORZA PICCHIO!

23. Reazzurro90

Reazzurro90 New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Connecticut, USA
    Good luck next year.

Your team showed courage and skill despite being in last place. '

I hope to see you guys back in Serie A very soon!

24. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Cheers buddy, if only a few more results went Ascoli's way. I'm not sure if Ascoli will be up very soon - hopefully. But i suspect that i may have children before i see Ascoli in the Serie A for the 17th season :eek: .