2006/2007 Ascoli Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Italy: Northern Clubs' started by Cassano, Jul 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ascoli was one of the suprise teams of Serie A last season. After only being promoted because Torino and Genoa couldn't come up, they fought hard and avoided relegation. Their coach Marco Giampaolo has left, and he was replaced by Attilio Tesser. Also, a few key players have left, such as Fernando Coppola, Roberto Guana, and Pasquale Foggia. Gianluca Pagliuca has joined from Bologna.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ascoli_Calcio_1898

2. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Fabio Pecchia, another ex-Bologna player, has also joined Ascoli.

I still believe that Ascoli can stay up but they need some youth too. Hopefully, Pagliuca can put in one more good season.

3. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Ascoli's current situation

Players bought

Oliver N'siambufumu, bought from Rennes, he didn't play first team football, but is only 20 years old, he plays in defence.

Victor Boudianski promosing youngster, from Juve's primavera, played with Avellino last season, 22 games for 1 goal, position - midfielder, nickname little pavel

Paolo Foglio bought from Siena, 31 years old last season played 21 games for 1 goal. Position - defender

Gaetano Fontana - former captain of Ascoli, played 3 season at Ascoli, key player who got Ascoli premoted to Serie B. Plays midfield, last with Napoli.

Stefano Guberti bought from Sassari Torres, he's 22 years old midfielder, 3 goals in 30 games.

Aleksander Lukovic bought from Red Star Belgrade, 24 years old defender was in contention for NT selection for Serbia and Montenegro

Gianluca Pagliuca - we all know

Michele Paolucci from juve's primavera squad 24 years old. plays in attack

Paolo Pecchia - we all know

Davide Raffaello - 18 years old forward

Simone Pesce another from Sassari torres' team last season, he's a midfielder who scored 3 goals in 30 games.

Paolo Zanetti 24 year old midfielder taken from Empoli, played 9 games.

Gaetano Vastola 28 year old, back from loan at Salernitana, defender played 30 scored 5.

Ascoli have also brought a couple on youngsters in from their youth system.
    17 year old Lorenzo Pasqualini - defender
    19 year old Stefano Goletti - goalkeeper
    19 year old Salvatore Bocchetti - defender

Back from loan - Ghidini at Chieti
    Guarna at Lanciano
    Gaeta at Ancona
    Ascenzi at Manfredonia
    Amodeo at Igea Virtus
    Ciotti at Pro Vasto
    Corallo at Cremonese

Players Ascoli have kept from 05/06
    first team players -
    Bjelanovic
    Fini
    Cudini (was first team until a 8 month injury)

Bench players -
    Lauro
    Giampa

Outers -
    Adani
    Boccolini
    Della Morte
    Perulli

Players who've left
    Quagliarella to Udinese
    Schumacher to Udinese
    Budan to Palermo to Parma
    Bonetto to Empoli
    Cordova to Livorno
    Zotti to Roma
    Comotto to Roma
    Foggia to Milan
    Domizzi to Sampdoria to Napoli
    Paci to Genoa/Ternana
    Coppola to Milan
    Guana to Palermo 3.5 million Euro
    Parola to Sampdoria
    Carbone to Chievo
    Cariello to Chievo
    C. Del Grosso to Giulianova to Cagliari

Players on trail
    Goalkeeper Elinton Andrade from Vasco de Gama
    Forward Thiago Grizolli from Portuguesa Santista

Manager Tesser for Giampaolo at Cagliari now.

4. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  5. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    He's a player i'll always remember. The first time watching Ascoli live in the Del Duca, and he scores a great goal. Great night, 0 degrees'C, nervous like hell, enjoying every second, taking in absolutely everything.

6. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Quagliarella was one of Ascoli's standout players and it's a shame that Ascoli have lost Foggia. I thought he was Ascoli's best player last year.

What's happening with Marco Ferrante?

7. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Actually he was a little disappointing, a player like Budan is a promossing player. Ferrante was our standout goalscorer. Which shows Ascoli were a bit dodgy in that department. But Quagliarella is still young.

Ascoli lost Foggia, mainly because we didn't own him. Ascoli transformed him, he was a bench player in the 04/05 season in Serie B, but with a good manager he showed his worth. Standout players for Ascoli were Guana, Foggia, Coppola, Comotto, Paci, and Parola.

8. forzareggina

forzareggina Member

Reggina
    United States
    Aug 24, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Reggina Calcio
    ascoli dominated their coppa round 1 match 6-0 over cervia. nice job

9. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Serie D team, surprised we didn't give them that game. Usually Ascoli throws away their coppa games.

10. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ascoli loses to Atalanta 3-1. Zampagna's goal looked offside, and Ventola grabbed two. Bjelanovic scored a consolation.

11. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    The second goal was also a push on the defender. Last season all over again with the refs.

12. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Atalanta were so lucky. Those three goals shouldn't have stood.

13. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Bit of a shakey start to the season. Hopefully the old Ascoli can be seen in the new. Its really gonna a tough season this year, and Ascoli needs points. Hopefully like last season the stadio Del Duca can be the fortress of the team. Ascoli are having problems in the defence, with a very inexperienced line-up and a defense without much depth.

COME ON ASCOLI, i want to see the passion from last season, like the draw with Milan, the wins against Parma, Sampdoria, Treviso, Empoli, Lecce, Sampdoria away, Messina, especially ROMA, and Empoli away.

ASCOLI - messina

likely line-up

1 Pagliuca

31 Foglio
    32 Nastase
    6 Cudini
    3 Lukovic

16 Giampà
    47 Pecchia
    21 Boudianski
    8 Fini

9 Paolucci
    11 Bjelanovic

A disposizione
    19 Boccolini
    18 Pesce
    4 Pecorari
    27 Zanetti
    10 Galloppa
    17 Guberti
    14 Skela

Indisponibili
    Delvecchio, Bocchetti, Eleftheropoulos

14. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    i have posted here much, because i know that not many people are interested in Ascoli. Also i'm still bitter that Ascoli in a Northern Club named section. :D

Anyways such an important game this one. Lose this one a Tesser is out, win this it may be a new beggining. Such an ebrassing loss last week, haven't seen a result like it at home in more than 5 years, considering Livorno are not exactly the best team in the league. Parma are in the same situation. Ascoli needs a goalscorer hopefull Bjelanovic can provide, but Ascoli also need to create some more space around the field.

COME ON PICCHIO otherwise you might see me cry :( .

FORZA PICCHIO FOREVER.

15. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sorry Aussie, if there was more interest in Central clubs, they'd have their own forum, but right now it's North and South...:)

News from today: Ascoli may sign Gigi Di Biagio (ex-Roma, Inter, Brescia, Azzurri), Francesco Colonnese (ex-Lazio, Inter, Siena), and Fabio Vignaroli (ex-Modena, Parma, and Salernitana)

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/index.php?action=read&id=41695

All of them are svincolati and can sign with any club whenever they want.

16. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004

Yeah its been going on for a while, Ascoli this year like the oldies. Ascoli definetely need to strengthen their attack especially, i probably would of liked to have seen a younger promossing player. But we need the extra man power. A disappointing aspect is Ascoli, should also try to find another out of contract central defender. Cudini is consitant but pecorari is not + if an injury occurs theres no back up. I think Ascoli are trying to survive as much as possible til they get to janurary, where they'll try for players like Palladino, Pia, Asamoah Gyan, try for a 6 month deal similar to success seen with Budan last season.

17. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    What about Northern and Central Clubs :D .
    Sorry if i seem like a little b1tch, but Northern is hard for me to swallow, no offence, its just culturally central italy is different to the North and to the South as well.

Central clubs - Fiorentina, Siena, Ascoli, Livorno, Empoli, even Lazio.

18. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    :( , the goal hurt, but when the commentator said Parma batte Ascoli, my heart sank and it frikken hurt hard.

19. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  20. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Yep thats the clubs last transfer until Janurary. Ascoli have a lot of old players with youngs players, theres no in betweens. Ascoli have so far created nothing been predictable, make silly errors. THINGS MUST CHANGE. the current candiate of managers if Tesser is sacked is Papadopolo, Pillon (sent ascoli to B from C), Cosmi, Sonetti, De Canio, and Mazzone (the great man, knows the club inside out, back to front, and has always delivered for the club).

This game against Roma is not impossible, but if your a realist aka pessimist like me, you'll see that its practically impossible. PROVE ME WRONG.

Probable Line up against Roma

Pagliuca

32 Nastase
    6 Cudini
    4 Pecorari
    3 Lukovic

17 Guberti
    41 Pecchia
    10 Galloppa
    84 Job

18 Pesce

11 Bjelanovic

A disposizione
    33 Eleftheropoulos
    16 Giampà
    3 Gotti
    7 Fontana
    27 P. Zanetti
    9 Paolucci
    24 Delvecchio

Allenatore
    Tesser

Indisponibili
    Foglio

Squalificati
    Boudianski (ascoli's best player so far)

Diffidati
    Nastase, Delvecchio

21. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    How is Galloppa doing? If I'm not mistaken, he's owned by Roma, and he's pretty young, I remember he played in the last U-20 World Cup.

22. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    He hasn't had much time yet. But he is a great talent. Its hard to disguish how he's gone, because Tesser has not come cose to finding the right formula :mad: . So Tesser is still changing players/tactical line-ups/structure. Its not like last season where Ascoli were established in that first game against Milan.

23. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Roma 2-2 Ascoli

Good performance. For Ascoli to take the lead twice in Rome must have been something special. Delvecchio getting a goal against his old team must have had an eerie feeling to it.

24. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Re: Roma 2-2 Ascoli

take a look at romas second goal https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?p=9882199#post9882199
    scroll down.

Hopefully the shirt Delvecchio gave to my cousin to give to me will come this week.

25. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Those referees sure love to screw Ascoli over. I still can't get over what happened against Atalanta. That looked fixed. I think Ventola has only scored one goal since then.