2006-07 Sampdoria Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Italy: Northern Clubs' started by dor02, Jul 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  2. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  3. hell-side-boy

hell-side-boy New Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Hombeek
    I hope Sampdoria can get to the finales and win that coppa Italia since they are my favorite team in Italy

4. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The semis have been played and Inter won 3-0 on aggregate. They will play Roma again.

5. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sampdoria beat Parma 1-0 thanks to a Fabio Quagliarella lob/chip shot. He has now scored 10 goals this season. Parma had most of the chances to win the match but once Fabio scored, i doriani had about two or three chances to seal the game. I think Ivan Franceschini will be out for the next game as he limped off injured.

The week before, Sampdoria won 2-0 against Ascoli, in a match the home side practically dominated. From the highlights I saw, I don't think Ascoli had a shot on target.

6. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Uh oh...looks like Flachi has been snorting the blow...

Flachi fails dope test

Sampdoria ace Francesco Flachi is facing a lengthy ban after he tested positive for traces of cocaine.

The striker failed the routine dope test after the Week 21 clash between Sampdoria and Inter on January 28, a game which saw the Nerazzurri come away with a 2-0 win.

Flachi played 69 minutes of that Marassi clash before being replaced by Emiliano Bonazzoli in the second half.

The Italian Olympic Committee’s anti-doping lab will now test Flachi’s B sample in order to understand whether his A sample result was accurate or not.

What a dope, I mean how stupid can you be?

7. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    looks like he has an explanation planned

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/feb21k.html

8. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Flachi has been having a controversial season. If he can clear himself, it will be vital for Sampdoria but if he is out for the year, Novellino will need to organise his team like he did during Flachi's previous ban. Quagliarella will play up front again and he may get back into form.

9. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  10. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i Doriani lead 1-0 against Cagliari at the half.

Superb volley from Angelo Palombo to put them ahead.

Palombo has been impressive this season. He has a hard shot and knows how to win the ball. Good option in center midfield.

11. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    1-1 FT.

Mistake by Luca Castellazzi to come out of goal when Falcone had Suazo covered. Sampdoria need a better goalkeeper for next season.

12. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sampdoria has had trouble with their goalies all season. Castelazzi had a great game against Inter but he picked an injury sometime during the season as well as Berti. If Sampdoria wants to get another keeper, I hope that they would try to get Gianluca Curci from Roma. He is a good keeper who is young and he shouldn't waste his time warming the Roma bench.

Palombo too does have a knack for scoring spectacular goals.

13. Undisputed4

Undisputed4 New Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Hey im an American and I'm wondering how Ferrari is doing. Is he developing? What are the coaches saying about him?

Any info would be great

14. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  15. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  16. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Quagliarella scored yet another stunning goal.

17. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Here's the wonder goal:

[youtube]0lhaIq9W_cI[/youtube]

Here's a compilation of some of his goals:

[youtube]Hh2m2Gu0cQA[/youtube]

18. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Fabio I read was quoted as saying he does it all the time in training....C'mon youth, even you know that's a one a million goal!

Granted he does seem to be capable, the more you look at it, the more you realize it's beauty! Even the most technically gifted can't do that on a regular basis!

The vicious dip on that strike is something to behold! Fabio Quagliarella is starting to strike me as a 'real deal' striker! With Quagliarella and Rolando Bianchi (Reggina) scoring goals for fun in Serie A, it does make me think that when Filippo Inzaghi and Vincenzo Montella and the like do retire Italy still will have a plethora of goalscorers to select from for the National Team!

19. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Italy does have that depth. It's incredible that such players can score goals like that more than once but the Serie A does have those players. Hopefully Quagliarella can score the winning goals for Sampdoria against Il Toro.

Montella has been injured but due to the likes of Vieri and Pippo, Vinny never stamped his mark on a major tornament.

20. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sampdoria 1-0 Torino

Bonazzoli scores the winner thanks to Koman assist. Koman made his Serie A debut and he made an impressive start.

I doriani are eighth and they aren't too far off the pace. A UEFA Cup spot is possible but there needs to be more consistency. They can't rely alone on slip-ups from Palermo, Empoli and co.

21. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sampdoria-Messina 1-0 at the half.

Total domination by Sampdoria.

some points:

1) Swiss winger Reto Ziegler is a very interesting player, he's only 21 and he has great technical ability and he's a lefty but also very good with his right foot (the goal he scored was a rocket with his right foot)

2) Christian Maggio has had an excellent season at right back for Sampdoria. When he was at Fiorentina he was touted by the media as Italy's right back of the future, and I think he's finally starting to show why.

3) Palombo is developing into a really good defensive midfielder. He has all the qualities to become a great player, I think he'll make the gran salto to a big club this summer.

4) Bazzani is a big ox that shouldn't be playing in Serie A anymore.

Also, youngster Romeo is an interesting player, he's made a few good movements upfront and had some nice touches.

22. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Bazzani has been struggling with injury for the last few seasons so he isn't going to be the player he once was. Maggio has been a quality player as pointed out. Ziegler has been very useful since leaving Spurs.

Sampdoria won 3-1 after Franceschini and Delvecchio scored twords the end of the match. Gennaro's goal celebration was plain weird. Is he trying to be black?

23. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  24. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  25. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He needs a change in scenary anyway. For the last two seasons, Sampdoria have been very inconsistent. Novellino has had to deal with injuries but with all honesty, this should be a team who is clearly in contention of a spot in Europe. He did well to bring i doriani back to Serie A but the club has bigger ambitions and his luck in Genoa is starting to run out.