2005 Third Jersey Design Released

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by murtaugh29, Oct 22, 2004.

1. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Now wait a second here. I don't know about Segroves, but while I have a 42" chest and a 30" waist we may be similarly sized, but proportioned differently ;)

2. bing1985

bing1985 Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Near West ChiSuburbs
    In truth I'll need a large myself - I just coudn't resist... :D

3. redzin

redzin New Member

Jan 6, 2000
    Not at this time. I asked when I ordered and was told that names/numbers aren't available on these shirts.

4. kuhl

kuhl BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 21, 2002
    St. Paul
    Best MLS jersey ever. The Fire just got $70 from me. I have a feeling that this jersey will sell really well. Although living in the Twin Cities I am sure I am going to have to explain it to most people. Also, first time dealing with the Fire ticket office. Very friendly helpful rep that I dealt with. Offered to set me up with tickets if I am ever in Chicago. Now I can't wait until it shows up. Good call to come up with such a unique 3rd strip.

5. Marchetti

Marchetti Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Chicago->STL->Denver
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    There is no doubt in my mind that this is the greatest uniform produced in MLS history. Not only does our name have history tied to the great City of Chicago, but now one of our uniforms will be representative of the flag of Chicago. Splendid indeed.

6. mouseboy33

mouseboy33 New Member

Dec 24, 2003
    Agreed. No other MLS team is as tied to its city as the FIRE to Chicago. Our new ground, even our crest is far more significant in design than any other club. The new 3rd kit solidifies the bond even more.

7. skinut

skinut Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2000
    Castle Pines, CO (or often elsewhere on earth)
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I concur with the raves here. A heartfelt congratulations to Liam (damned Newbies) and everyone else involved in the design of the jersey and bringing it to fruition.

8. FootyMundo

FootyMundo New Member

Mar 1, 2001
    Minneapolis
    "The baby blue color of the jersey symbolizes Lake Michigan, the Chicago River and the Great Canal."

Shouldn't they use brown and make the jersey smell like sewage if this is the real intent? They'd be better off saying it symbolizes the sky.

9. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
    great canal maybe. Chicago river is green. Lake Michigan is pretty darn blue.

together maybe that makes the pale blue :)

10. mouseboy33

mouseboy33 New Member

Dec 24, 2003
    Maybe thats what the rivers stink like up there. We've cleaned up ours a great deal.

11. FootyMundo

FootyMundo New Member

Mar 1, 2001
    Minneapolis
    Mouseboy - That is laughable. I was on a boat tour of both the river and the canal this past summer. Sure near Lake Michigan things don't look too bad. But everything flows AWAY from the Lake - an engineering marvel I might add. Anyway, move a few miles downstream and it is absolutely hideous. Nothing like seeing thousands of discarded condoms bobbing along in the "brown" water.

I love Chicago, I grew up in Chicago, but the notion blue should symbolize the canal or the river is a complete joke. They'd be better to say the blue matches the stripes on the city flag and leave well enough alone..

12. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So you took the "Dave Mathews Band" tour. Don't blame us for that.

But that's what the blue stripes on the city flag represent. For christ's sake, they're just explaining what the flag means.

13. FootyMundo

FootyMundo New Member

Mar 1, 2001
    Minneapolis
    And for Christ's sake I was just making a joke about how that symbolism on the flag is inaccurate.

14. mouseboy33

mouseboy33 New Member

Dec 24, 2003
    Yeah because every river flowing through any major city in the world is crystal clear except for the Chicago River! Sheesh. Get over it will ya?

15. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Well, I just called. Asked to pre-order the jersey. Was put on hold for close to 5 minutes.

16. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it's safe to say that when the flag was created, the rivers were blue-ish.

17. FootyMundo

FootyMundo New Member

Mar 1, 2001
    Minneapolis

Seems to me I wasn't the one with thin skin about someone calling the Chicago River brown.

And I am gonna order one of those shirts. They are cool.