2005 roster

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by asdf2, Apr 28, 2013.

1. asdf2

asdf2 Member+

Oct 11, 2004
    San Francisco
    Watching Houston on TV with Ching and Davis still playing reminds me of our 2005 team that moved to Houston.

Such a shame as that team was stacked:

Ching
    Brad Davis
    Rico Clark
    DeRo
    Onstad
    Wondo!
    Alej Moreno
    Troy Dayak
    Cerritos
    Mark Chung
    B. Mullan
    Califf
    Eddie Robinson
    (Ian Russell and Kelly Gray too)

QuietType repped this.
  2. davez

davez Member+

Aug 10, 2000
    Mountain View, CA
    Chung retired rather than move so did Russell.

3. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ian Russell came back after one year to play for Frank and the Gals. I think Yallop wanted to groom him into being an assistant as he only played 3 games.

4. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    Maybe kinda stacked in retrospect, but we didn't know it at the time (as the season began). DeRo had yet to blossom into his a-mid bad self, Rico Clark was still a young, up-and-coming player, Chung was a Colorado cast-off near the end of his career, Cerritos was a reclamation project - almost out of the league, Moreno was an LA cast-off, Wondo had yet to be discovered, Brad Davis was known as a good free kick guy who was a bit slow and a bit of a liability defensively, etc.

5. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Gerber should have forced AEG to sell that team to Lew but he basically had no spine and AEG at that point, owned the league as well as the Don.

6. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep, the team built and developed in San Jose was sent lock, stock and barrel to Houston so they could imagine Houston had created it.

7. DotMPP

DotMPP 'Quakes fan in Stumptown

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 29, 2004
    SE Portland, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SHHHHSSHSHSHSHSH... You'll Give the Russ more fuel to burn.

8. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't forget GenZ. Providing they're not the same person, of course.

9. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Everyone gives GenZ flack but he is spot on a lot of things. Especially in regards to MLS, AEG and the Gals. I'm sure we all want to believe how honest and just they are but in reality, anyone who doesn't believe in the wrong doing by those parties is in denial.

10. SJTillIDie

SJTillIDie Member+

Aug 23, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This chapter in MLS history has been forgotten by everyone but us and swept under the rug by MLS and the media. You read the threads about Tim Lie-weekly getting the job at MLSE last week and the comments are nothing but praise for him, what a stand-up guy he is, how amazing he and AEG are etc. etc. etc.

11. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    I could be wrong, but seems to me that he was the guy behind the relocation, always had one foot out the door in SJ, and was very condescending about it. Between that and his grand pronouncements about Becks, etc., and "at the end of the day...", can't stand the guy.

12. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Tim and Doug Hamilton. The thing is no one is supposed to talk bad about him because he suddenly died....

13. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we all know what a shithead LieWeakly is, and I certainly do not intend to give him any quarter. But what the hell do you about him, the Galactoscum, the hijacking of Earthquakes 2005 to Houston and all the rest of the rot? :speechless: