2005 Kits

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by UnitedN&F, Dec 6, 2004.

1. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    DC- Classicly good, but wish they would rid the red triagle accents.
    CUSA - Just fine
    LA- Really like the new updated look for the away kit
    Columbus - Good again
    FCD - refreshingly different, but numbers are miserably hard to see
    NY - Love the black number dot on the back, very cool kit
    RSL - classic away kit, love the faux collar
    Fire - the perfect third jersey
    SJ - Ug. so busy and the blue top w/ black shorts just looks odd
    NE - as plain as a napkin, but I liked the blue shorts
    KC- didnt see
    Colorado - didnt see

2. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    the new Metro home shirt reminds me of the NUFC '96 (?) home shirt in regards to the black panel in the back for the number....

3. EastBayGrease

EastBayGrease Member

Mar 1, 2005
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SJ:I was pleasantly surprised with how SJ's full kit looked. As a lot of posters have said, I agree that the jersey is too busy with all the lines, but I thought the white adidas stripes down the side of the arms, side of the shorts, and side of the socks made the whole kit come together much better. It looked like the kit was actually designed as a matching unit, where as, under Nike, the solid black shorts with the blue top looked to me like somone just grabbed a random jersey and random shorts and put them together as the SJ kit.
    Fire: SWeeeEEET! For a second I thought FC Dallas was playing Lazio! I loved the white shorts mixed with the color jersey and socks.
    Metro's: I like the jersey, but was dissappointed with the full kit...if you're going to copy AC Milan's uniform just go all the way and wear their classic jersey with the classic white shorts and white socks or black shorts and black socks.
    FC Dallas: Again, like the jersey but dissappointed with the full kit. I think the full kit would be way sweeter with black or white shorts....the red shorts and red socks just drowns out the jersey.
    Salt Lake: Nice jersey, but dissappointed with the all white away kit. I suppose I should be used to it by now, but I thought Adidas would try and switch it up this year.
    New England: I don't care if the jersey looks like a T-shirt...The simple mix of a white jersey and blue shorts with white adidas stripes and white socks with blue adidas stripes looked sweet. It looked like the Tottenham kit which works for me.

4. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    AC Metro - Metro AC

yea yea..... we get the point.... lol

5. SC in SF

SC in SF Member

Nov 18, 2004
    SF
    [​IMG]

Here is Chivas USA's away Jersey

6. SixKick

SixKick Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2000
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Kinda boring, but at least it's not white.

7. guamster

guamster Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Winnetka, CA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Guam
    I assume the "home" jersey or a third jersey will be used for away games at the Quakes and at the Wizards since the colors of the opposing teams would be too similar (shades of blue). We will find out this Saturday at the Chivas-Quakes game in SJ.

8. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Chivas will always wear red and white stripes unless visiting a team that happens to have red and white stripes, and then they will switch to the blue.

9. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    bingo......

10. Naples39

Naples39 Member

Feb 1, 2004
    [​IMG]

Supposed new revolution home kit from post on matchnight forums. Looks like same template as chivas away with white on the sides....

11. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
  12. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, I know this is a sidebar, but thought you'd want to see some other US shirts for comparison purposes.

The new home shirt for the Charleston Battery:

[​IMG]

IMHO, we do chicken right......

13. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    That shirt actually looks pretty good...... IMO