2005/6 Udinese Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Italy: Northern Clubs' started by SueB, Jul 7, 2005.

1. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Wow, that sure was a bizarre sequence with the steward. What a loon. It's like he wanted to play a part in the game somehow.

Great game for Di Michele - but Udinese nearly blew it going from 3-0 to 3-2. Siena's second goal was actually a bizarre own-goal by Bertotto. Might blame De Sanctis a bit for not coming out strong. If Bertotto hadn't hit it, it would've bounced inside the 6-yard box. Good 3 pts for Udinese in the end.

2. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    anyone watching at the time?, I just got in and saw the report of the steward diving on eurosports matchtracker:

HANDBAGS!!!! THE PLAYERS PUSH AND CROWD ROUND! AND THEN ONE OF THE FIRST-AIDERS GOES DOWN AS IF HE'S BEEN SHOT! SURELY THAT WAS A DIVE FROM ONE OF THE STRETCHER-BEARERS! INCREDIBLE SCENES!!

sounds crazy, one of those only in italy things...

3. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    Good result indeed.Now we return to our normal track.Last season we made the same way,through :)

Next game against Inter,a tough one.

4. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    I'm here after 3 months,hehe...

Well,Udinese after climbing down to UEFA Cup from CL started to gain more and more problems.Actually I think Sersi Cosmi is the true reason - but I cannot forget some players like Pinzi against Roma or our defense.

Anyway,as I said before,I would be happy if we get at least a Intertoto spot...and kick out Cosmi.

5. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    Samp 2 x 2 Udinese

We're at Semi :) Now waiting for Inter or Lazio...

6. ForzaPalermo2006

ForzaPalermo2006 Red Card

Dec 10, 2005
    San Jose, CA, USA
    I would like to see Udinese pick up some more points in the upcoming weeks. They have struggled like my Palermo. Both were very good last season and I think the talent is still in place. Once Iaquinta comes back the team will have a better offensive presence.

7. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    After the weekend loss to Reggina and a skid of poor form which has the club in the bottom half of the table, Udinese has fired Serse Cosmi as its head coach. 39-year-old Argentine defender Nestor Sensini will take over the reins as a player-coach.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/feb10c.html

8. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    disastrous season continues for them...this is a classic example of a pretty big club in over its heads in Europe. Cant compete on two fronts with this group of players and budget. Also they've mishandled the Iaquinta thing terribly, he hasnt done anything since the early season contract issues.

9. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    On the other hand, Cosmi was said to be relieved as his axing would give him more time to devote to his true passion... Complaining about Luca Toni...

10. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think Udinese just have not been able to come to terms with their loss of players from last season's team.

Per Kroldrup, Marek Jankulovski and David Pizarro were all key players and haven't been effectively replaced...

This added to the fact that some of the stars from last season just are not living up to the high standards they set themselves last year means that they struggle...

I had hoped the younger guys, Stefano Mauri (now on loan to Lazio), Giampiero Pinzi and Marco Motta would have fully come through by now but they have all somewhat fell away this year.

11. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    And another loss.Perhaps all games would be like Coppa Italia or UEFA Cup since we only play right at this champs :rolleyes:

12. Rabbi Keane

Rabbi Keane Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    How did Rodrigo Defendi do in his first game?
    Is he likely to keep his place in the side .. ?

13. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    And now we're maching to relegation.Boo-hoo :cool:

14. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Palermo 2-0 Udinese. Udinese are two points away from the relegation zone and it looks like that the only way is down. This is bad form leading to the UEFA Cup and I don't see any confidence within the team. It could have been so different if it weren't for the Iaquinta contract fiasco. Maybe they would have had a more confident first half of the season.

Maybe the Friulani could get rid of Pinzi. I hate that c*u*n*t. He is such a hack.

15. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    Dominissini out,Galeone in.

After our horrible loss against Milan (and expected), we need to win some games to avoid relegation.Since Empoli,Cagliari and Reggina have only 1,2 or 3 points ahead,we can change it,but Galeone needs to put our team like Spaletti did - attacking.

16. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    Ohh,we won a game.

Galeone can reverse our situation and bring some hope?

I would be happy if we avoid relegation and reach the Coppa Italia final.That would be great after a horrible season.

17. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Galeone will do that but your defence will leak goals badly. Just look at what he did Pescara in the 1992-93 Serie A season. They were beating Milan 4-2 after 20 minutes in one match but the Abruzzesi still lost 5-4.

Udinese 2-0 Parma. Even though that the Friulani were at home, I thought Parma would have maintained their form.

18. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    Yes,but at this rate...I would prefer to win 2 games with a 4x3 and lose 4 with a 5x0 then lose 6 matches with a 1x0 result.

We now have 2 games away.With 4 points ahead of relegation zone,we could won one game at least and start to relax.

19. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I like that idea.

20. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    And my idea worked up,maybe?

Livorno 0 x 2 Udinese

Man,I hate it.We now have true chances to avoid relegation,but...we could be at Semi-fainls at UEFA too.If we had won just 2 or 3 games BEFORE...

Anyway,we can get a UEFA spot if we won Inter at Coppa Italia(or maybe get a Intertoto invite?)

21. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    I don't think you can realy judge the boys performances on the game, it was terrible. Watching the game I cound't help thinking Livorno would lose to an Serie C team with that performance. It wasn't like Udinese were dominating. However Iaquinta finally scored not from the penalty spot in a long time.

22. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I noticed that too. Iaquinta scored in normal play and the friulani have now got two wins in a row. I need to see more consistency from Udinese to consider them a chance of surviving relgation.

On the other hand, Udinese will play Inter at home and the nerazzurri are chokers so the home team might have some hope.

23. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think Udinese has just too thin a squad to play European football. This year they were mighty close to UCL second round but we have all seen how the league form has suffered!

Obviously any team losing key players the likes of Marek Jankulovski and David Pizarro before season started and Stefano Mauri and David Di Michele in January window would struggle but Iaquinta's injuries, Muntari hasn't played as well as he started the season and the defence suffered the loss of Cesare Natali...

So maybe, just maybe they need to build up a squad before the headaches of Europe (and that what is for a thin squad look at Parma last year and this, the difference, European adventure...that's with losing Alberto Gilardino as well)

24. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    Lecce 1 x 2 Udinese

We are playing football.Miracle :)

25. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Against Lecce, an outcome like that looked possible. A good win nevertheless and la salvezza looks very likely.

Udinese has had a good run under Galeone but the undefeated run might come to an end because the Friulani will be facing Chievo and they have been impressive this season.