2005/6 Udinese Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Italy: Northern Clubs' started by SueB, Jul 7, 2005.

1. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Nobody mentioned the 3-0 destruction of Panathinaikos in the UCL?

I thought that to be a mssive result and most certainly worthy of heaping the praise on a very impressive (even though revamped) early season Udinese team...

Vincenzo Iaquinta hatrick on debut, could it be any better and i really have to take my hat off to Morgan De Sanctis who was sensational versus Roma at the Stadio Olimpico...

Both should travel to Germany for WC2006 if they maintain this form.

2. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
  3. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    This thread's been quiet... What was with those shirts on Sunday? Have you guys been wearing those in the CL, too?

4. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
  5. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    was just coming to post this, pretty interesting stuff. They treated pizarro the same way early last season and then coaxed a great yr out of him. Lets see how the striker reacts....would they dare sell in january?

6. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Well, I wouldn't want to live way up there in Italian Austria either... I think he's just been reading Big Soccer too much and believing his own hype. I could see an interesting move to Roma in January with Cassano likely moving on.

7. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Vincenzo Iaquinta...hmm!

Timing... in his previous two games he's scored 4 goals!

A hatrick on UCL debut and a PK in Serie A.

His contract doesn't expire till 2007 i read somewhere but Udinese are essentially telling the man he has to sign to play!

Thats atrocious, shame on Udinese!!!
    Here's a guy who has been a star on this team for years now, he's 25 or 26 and is now becoming a bonafide star and as such is in demand by the bigger clubs! Yet with all this said he is still performing for Udinese, they can afford to use him this year and if all they care about is the money then sell him in January or better still summer!

This whole freezing out Italian forwards is getting absolutely ridiculous...

Del Piero (Juventus)
    Cassano (Roma)
    Iaquinta (Udinese)
    Di Vaio (Valencia)...he gets a few minutes if he's lucky here and there...
    Langella (Cagliari)...he's now being readmitted into squad with new coach

8. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    thats the move that makes sense. theres no room at the big 3 and fiorentina has made their big striker purchases. If Roma sells Cassano and parlays the money into Iaquinta it would work. I dont think Samp would have the cash (salary + transfer fee), maybe Palermo if they arent getting enough out of their strike duo.

9. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    There's a point here.

Udinese has 6 strikers.And we often play with 2 or even 3.But usually 2.

Di Natale,di Michele,Iaquinta,Gheddafi,Barreto and Rossini.Ok,the first 3 are without doubt players who have conditions to stay as starters until they "want",right?

If Iaquinta doens't want to make another contract,probably Pozzo and also Cosmi will have a good solution if they need to play with 2 FW.Iaquinta will be benched.Simple.Then sell him,buy some new players,and stay with Natale/Michele duo.

Of course,Iaquinta is a very good player...but Pozzo have reasons to do that,right?Selling Iaquinta would be a "nice solution".Of course I don't like this idea,but...

10. Forza_Italia

Forza_Italia New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    mississauga
  11. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Hopefully Udinese can manage to scrape out a draw today. De Sanctis is probably really going to have to shine.

12. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Udinese's lineup...

Udinese: 1 Morgan De Sanctis; 4 Valerio Bertotto (c), 14 Cesare Natali, 19 Felipe; 7 Damiano Zenoni, 8 Vidigal, 5 Chris Obodo, 18 Sulley Muntari, 32 Vincent Candela; 10 Antonio Di Natale, 31 Paulo Barreto

And this includes some quotes by Lippi saying that if Iaquinta does not get playing time at Udinese then he will not be an Azzurro.

http://it.sports.yahoo.com/050927/4/b163.html

13. mritalian1210

mritalian1210 Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern Jersey
    Club:
    AC Milan
    ********!!! 1-0 Barca 13' Ronaldinho

14. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Too bad... Let's get it back. Hopefully, they'll try to turn it into a rout in front of their home fans and they'll make a mistake.

15. eyes front

eyes front New Member

Feb 15, 2005
    4-1 to Barca. A shellacking in the end. What's that now, 4 or 5 games dropped since the Iaquinta business began? This has all the hallmarks of the Furlan administrative nous put on display during the Ronnie Rosenthal affair. Time to get you $hit together perhaps.

Fuarce Udin!

16. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Give the Udine players some space to manuever and they will hurt you.

Udinese has a very fluent and stylish attack which is unlike normal mid table teams in Serie A.

17. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    Totally agreed.That's why I don't even know why Cosmi put a Udinese with 3 DMF/CMF.We bought Motta for what?

18. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
  19. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I'm not so sure they've played it right. First, they sent their team into a tailspin and have made things tough in the CL and the league.

Second, they've doubled his wages...breaking their normal wage structure. Now Muntari, De Sanctis, etc have grounds to up their pay.

Either they are planning on being a consistent top 4 side or somehow increase revenues another way. That or Iaquinta will be sold next summer.

20. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    I see what you are saying but they weren't going to beat Barcelona anyway. It's also very conceivable that home to Juve and away to Reggina, even with Iaquinta, could have only netted them 1 point. They got 0.
    I still think he will be sold this summer (or even in January) and they just wanted more bargaining power.

21. magia

magia New Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Asuncion
    Well I just want to inform that a paraguayan player that Udinese bougth to play in your inferiors was called to play with the A national team (that just need to win 1 game to go to the wk):

http://www.univision.com/contentroot/wirefeeds/30deportes/5223704.html
    (this is the page in spanish)

His name is Montiel he plays for Olimpia main team (olimpia its a paraguayan first division team) he is a 17 old offensive midffielder

I´m sorry if I botter with this post, but I like this player and I hoppe that the Udinese fans will treat hiw with love because he is a great prospect

22. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    No,you didn't :) It's good cause Udinese always put some nice young players and Montiel can be a nice one.

Thanx for the info ;)

23. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  24. narduch

narduch New Member

Apr 14, 2005
  25. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Udinese beat Siena 3-2. Di Michele had a hat-trick, and then Siena staged a mini-comeback with Chiesa and Bogdani bagging goals. Di Michele could of had a fourth, but went around the keeper and misfired. A strange incident happened also. Obodo went down injured (you could tell he was really just trying to waste time) and Siena refused to kick the ball out of bounds until the ref whistled to stop play. When the stewards came on with the golf cart and cot, the players all crowded around, and when Iaquinta walked by a steward he went down holding his face. Replays showed that the steward actually dived (maybe he should get a yellow card) and Iaquinta never touched him.