2005/6 Udinese Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Italy: Northern Clubs' started by SueB, Jul 7, 2005.

1. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Re: An Udinese Forum?

bonnizoni is probably the one to answer this, but I believe Pazienza is similar to their Pinzi and Muntari, defensive central midfielders...which explains why they'd loan him out for a year.

2. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan

Hm,yes,he's a type of Central-Side MF,like Pinzi or Muntari,but he's left-footed.

And he can play as a left sideback too.

3. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Hey guys, I was brainstorming some ideas for how to organize Udinese threads. This one has already gone from discussion of a possible forum to talking about specific players etc. Maybe we should have a separate CL thread....although the Sporting series alone generated a whole thread on it's own. What do you guys think? Separate threads for each CL game/series? A separate Serie A thread?

4. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan

IMO that's fine.Same for Serie B,C1,etc...

P.S.:pazienza plays like a RIGHT SB or SMF/CMF.

5. Black and White

Black and White BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 23, 2005
    Canada

I think an Udinese threrad is long overdue. If you give the Southern clubs a thread and Parma. There is no reason why an Udinese thread should not be given. Forza Udine.

6. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I agree, every EPL club and a few Coca Cola Championship have their own forums, why not the major and midtable Serie A teams?

7. Black and White

Aug 23, 2005
    Canada

Come on Mods lets get to it. There is no good reason for not having an Udinese thread. So go do it.

8. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT

For now, I suggest we have try to maintain two discussion threads for Udinese (besides this one :)) - one for Serie A and one for the CL.

9. Black and White

Aug 23, 2005
    Canada

I suggest a forum for Udinese. If Palermo have one why not Udine. They have been in serie A for quite a while now.

10. Black and White

Aug 23, 2005
    Canada
    Re: Udinese Training Camp News

On the Cl for the Friulani. Great games aginst Sporting and many more great games to come.

11. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT

I am going to merge this thread with the "Preseason News" thread and make it the 2005-6 discussion thread for Udinese. We can have a separate one for the CL.

12. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Good win to start the season, even if it was only 1-0 over Empoli. Really nice goal by Muntari on a sweet setup by Obodo.

Here's the team Udinese used:

De Sanctis; Bertotto, Natali, Felipe; Zenoni, Muntari, Obodo, Vidigal (Mauri 59), Candela; Di Natale (Barreto 66), Iaquinta

Next game (in two weeks time) is a little trickier - vs Roma at the Olimpico.

In the meantime, Vincenzo Iaquinta has been called into the Italian national team for two World Cup qualifiers.

13. Black and White

Aug 23, 2005
    Canada
    Graet start to the season with a win. Next game we can go to Rome ans show them they have a long way to go to be competitive.

14. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    Same as Obodo,called for Nigeria NT.

Good start,but of course I would expect a large result.Anyway,next game will be tough since we'll play against Panathinaikos at Wednesday after the clash with Roma...so I think Cosmi will put some reserves against Roma.

15. Regency

Regency Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Toronto
    How long is Di Michele out for?

16. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't think that's a great idea...

Udinese has got to consolidate their Serie A performances and keep them up not just try for UCL progress.

17. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    I don't think IMO,but

Udinese can replace without problem,actually.A attack trio with Barreto,Rossini and Gheddafi can make problems,but of course di Natale,di Michele and Iaquinta are better...

18. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Di Michele is back. He played and scored for Udinese in their 2-1 win over Inter/Inter's Primavera team in the friendly "Trofeo Pirelli" match yesterday in Udine. Udinese's 19-year-old Argentinian Fernando Tissone scored the winner for Udinese.

Table for the game:

UDINESE (3-4-1-2): Paoletti, Juarez (7’ st. Candela), Sensini, Felipe; Zenoni (16’ st. Tissone), Morosini (1’st Barreto), Muntari, Pieri; Mauri; Di Michele (37’ st. Gheddafi), Rossini (16’ st. Di Natale). A disposizione: Sciarrone, Rinaldi, Gotti. Allenatore: Cosmi.
    INTERNAZIONALE (4-4-2): Toldo (26’ st. Orlandoni), Zé Maria, Samuel, Favalli, Fautario: Semenzato (42’ st. Guillerre), Maa Boumsong (44’ st. Germinale), C.Zanetti, Kily Gonzalez (19’ st. Belaid); Cruz (42’ st. Valmy), Momentè. Allenatore: Mancini. A disposizione: Esposito.

19. La Rosa Morreti

La Rosa Morreti New Member

Sep 6, 2005
    Looking forward to a strong season from the udine team.

20. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He better be back and SCORING i'm putting on a UCL Fantasy Team of mine.

21. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    Roma 0 x 1 Udinese - FT :)

Yah,6 points.Maybe we'll fight again for a CL spot?:D

22. Black and White

Aug 23, 2005
    Canada
    What a great game for Udinese. Go to Rome and take 3 points from Roma and Spaletti.. Keep it up.

23. Snatch_81

Snatch_81 New Member

May 21, 2005
    Udinese

I´m really impressed with this team,especially some players! How far can they reach in the CL,can they take on of the three first spots in Italy this reason? Obodo and Sulley makes one of the best central mdfields in Italy,and they both are only 21 years old!!

Udinese don´t got the best backs,but the central defenders seems strong,with Dal Belo as the rock,and Di Michele as their target man up front. If they had great wing players they would be f....ing great! I´m verry impressed by this team.

24. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Re: Udinese

Going to merge this with the existing Udinese thread in the Clubs forum.

25. Black and White

Aug 23, 2005
    Canada
    Re: Udinese

Udinese need a seperate forum. Its own.