2004 Sugar Bowl

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by dcaddick, Jan 6, 2003.

1. dcaddick

dcaddick New Member

Jul 10, 2001
    On the Bandwagon
    Ohio State.

Maryland.

Oh yeah. If you don't agree, please come up with something better.

Buckeyes and Terps. Fridge against Jim. The offensive genius faces the grind it out master.

That would be a hell of a game!

2. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Member

Mar 5, 2001
    Dunno...don't think OSU will make it. At least 1 loss for them, possibly 2.

Maryland?? Hmmm....Virginia's gonna be tough for them and so will NC State.

Most of the good teams of this past year will lose key players so I'm not really sure who's gonna be loaded next year.

Next year's gonna be a toss-up.

3. timmy409

timmy409 Red Card

Apr 3, 2002
    Georgia
    georgia look how easy their schedule is.their only good oppenate is alabama and auburn

at Clemson
    MIDDLE TENNESSEE
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    at Louisiana State
    TULANE
    ALABAMA
    at Tennessee
    at Vanderbilt
    Florida @Jacksonville, FL
    AUBURN
    KENTUCKY
    at Georgia Tech

4. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    they play florida...

the always lose to florida...

next...

5. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Member

Mar 5, 2001
    Yeah, but Florida will have a new starter at QB next year. Georgia wins. Zook's got a mess down in Gainesville.

6. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    You will lose to Bama, Auburn, Florida, Tennessee, and possibly LSU. The glass slipper will not fit in 2003.

7. PSU92

PSU92 Member

Feb 27, 1999
    Annandale VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pitt vs. Penn State ;)

I have no idea.

Miami always has a shot playing in the Big East unless they start slipping badly ala FSU.

The Pac-10 will not be there - USC has the talent but, Pete Carroll will find a way to ************ it up.

I think the Big 10 will be better next year so it will be hard for a team to go undefeated from that conference.

The Big XII & the SEC are always tough.

I think Virginia or NC State could emerge from the ACC.

8. obie

obie New Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NY, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only way that the Sugar Bowl next season is OSU vs. MD is if the Sugar is dropped entirely from the BCS.

My prediction: Notre Dame vs. Oklahoma. Here's why:

1. ND's primary strength was in its defense, and there's little reason to believe that it will be worse. And, it usually takes a year to learn a new offensive scheme, so if Willingham is worth anything they will be better there as well. Their schedule in '03 is harder than '02 (after that, it drops like a stone in '04) but if they can win at Michigan on 9/13 they won't have a tough road game for the rest of the season.

2. Hybl and Griffin are gone but Kejuan Jones had 600+ yards rushing as a freshman and most of both the offensive and defensive lines return. They have an early test at Alabama, but if the pasting of Wazzu was any indication, Mike Price's new team won't be any more of a threat than his old team. After that it's UCLA at home, OK State at home, A&M at home -- other than Colorado, the schedule is nice to OK next year.

9. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Folks, way to early to tell.

But saying that it will probably be the usual suspects.

10. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    Naming the "usual suspects" these days are kinda hard. Florida, Florida St, Penn St, Tenn, Michigan, and even Ohio St have all been mediocre during the last 2 seasons. But you really can't tell who is gonna be a National Championship contender until the underclassmen have declared for the NFL, and after signing day. Then you gotta go through the schedule. Remember VaTech? They played both Miami and Syracuse at home under Mike Vick.

Here is a team to consider. Pitt will have a sr qb. A Star wideout. A Rugged Defense. And plays Both Miami and Virginia Tech at Home. And I think the toughest non-conference game will be @ Texas A&M. One of the toughest outs in the country.

Penn St's toughest non-conference game will be Nebraska in Lincoln. they don't play Michigan. Iowa loses its line and Brad Banks. And they get Ohio St at Home. And RBs are a lot easier to replace when you have 3 - 4 lineman coming back, along with a qb and wr, and dominating defense.

11. timmy409

timmy409 Red Card

Apr 3, 2002
    Georgia
    georgia has beat tennessee for the last three years.flordia sucks.we dont even play lsu next year and we beat bama last year.auburn is our really only tuff game

12. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    If the schedule YOU posted is accurate, Georgia will play LSU in their fourth game.

Florida always sucks to UGA fans, but they're always better than the Dawgs.

Look. Georgia played in five games that went down to the final seconds, and won four. Auburn, South Carolina, Clemson and Alabama could have easily all been losses. It's not Dawgbashing to say that kind to fortune won't stay forever with any team, much less one with more heart than talent.

13. Sebring98

Sebring98 Member

Jun 20, 2002
    Lansdale, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Remember, UGA has to replace their whole O-line. Musa's going pro. You know the old saying, it's all won up front. I don't know how much experience the 2nd string has, but it could be kind of rough at the beginning of the year.

14. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    rutgers vs navy.

15. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    hang, to get there wouldn't Navy have to beat your beloved Notre Dame?

16. Mike Marshall

Mike Marshall Member+

Feb 16, 2000
    Woburn, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love it.

He uses the fact that Georgia has beaten Tennessee for the last three years as proof they'll win this year.

...and then completely disregards the fact that Florida has beaten Georgia TWELVE OF THE LAST THIRTEEN years.

...and Florida sucked last year, so that argument is out the window as well.

I said it months ago. Every year, the Poodles bark all summer, and every fall, the Gators shut them up.

17. Sebring98

Sebring98 Member

Jun 20, 2002
    Lansdale, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Auburn beat Georgia the previous 3 years, before this year.. Didn't mean anything this year though. Just like the previous 3 years that UGA beat UT, it doesn't mean anything next year. And as much as I hate bama.. beating them this past year won't mean anything next year. You getting the point?

18. Ludahai

Ludahai New Member

Jun 22, 2001
    Taichung, Taiwan
    You have been doggin' Georgia (no pun intended of course) all year. You can't face up to the fact that this is a talented, well-coached football team. I am concerned that Musa is jumping to the NFL. I wish him all the luck in the world there. I suspect he will do well. Georgia RBs have made their mark at the nex level.

RB is generally a position Georgia can find someone to play, I am not worried about that. If we can strengthen our O-line, I feel we will be in the hunt. Florida doesn't worry me next year because of their QB situation. Tennessee? We have a 3-year run on them now and I don't think they will be that strong next year. I am concerned about Bama and Auburn. They should be the class of the West next year.

I am not going to predict an undefeated season for Georgia, especially in January and especially in the very deep SEC. I am sure that they will be in the mix.

19. Ludahai

Ludahai New Member

Jun 22, 2001
    Taichung, Taiwan
    And you think Florida will be better next year than they were this year? With Grossman gone? Are you kidding? Florida barely beat Georgia this year WITH Grossman and a week of rest. You will still have the off week, but you won't have Grossman.

You were pretty darned quiet as Florida as losing games to western division opponents during the season. Fact is, we won the SEC this year, you didn't. Good luck next year.

Besides, revenge begins today on the basketball court!

20. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I've given Georgia the props they deserve for winning the SEC. You know this for a fact, as I personally congratulated you in this forum when they won the East, and again when they won the title game.

No, I think they're talented, and I know they're well-coached. You will not find a quote from me that reads otherwise. But I also think there are more talented teams in the conference. There's no reason to give Georgia credit for any more talent now than anyone gave them credit for in August. The fact that the scoreboard was in Georgia's favor at the end of the day doesn't prove me wrong- it makes Richt and his staff look even better. If you want me to write that Georgia imposed its will on its opponents a la '93-'96 Florida or '92 Bama, you're out of luck. But you have the championship. That really should be enough.

Auburn will be a contender. Bama should, but Price's new system has yet to prove itself in the SEC. I don't look for Georgia to repeat, but I didn't look for them to win it this year. We'll see how it plays out.

21. Ludahai

Ludahai New Member

Jun 22, 2001
    Taichung, Taiwan
    There are a lot of teams that will be contenders, that is life in the SEC. Georgia will be one of those contenders, one of the favorites I suspect. Can anyone guarentee that Georgia will win? Of course not. Can anyone guarentee that they will win such a deep conference? No!

22. Mike Marshall

Mike Marshall Member+

Feb 16, 2000
    Woburn, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know, yet. I think it's certainly possible UF will be better next year. I think we'll have better play from our OL, our RBs, our WRs, our DBs, and our Special Teams. I'm marginally worried about the QB situation, but I'm really worried about our defensive front seven.
    I love Rex, but Rex is not the whole team. Florida should have five talented quarterback on their roster next fall, and my guess is that at least one of them will be able to play a little. And yes, I realize they're all young, but then again, Grossman led UF to the SEC title when he was a redshirt freshman.
    I think there's a decent chance both teams could take a step back next year.
    Congratulations.
    You must have a different definition of "revenge" than I do.

23. Sebring98

Sebring98 Member

Jun 20, 2002
    Lansdale, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This isn't a flame, but you should be concerned about a lot more than Auburn and Bama. Georgia only has 2 players returning on offense, correct? That's going to hurt, BIG TIME. I know Greene and Gibson are great players, but UGA is replacing the whole O-line, and it will take time for them to get accustomed to SEC play. And for the defense, only 5 players returning, correct? (This is what I've heard, so please forgive me if I'm wrong) If I were a UGA fan, I'd set my expectations kind of low for this next year. It looks to be somewhat of a rebuilding year for the Dawgs. 2004 could be a different story, it could be another great year for UGA. JMO.