2004 Metro Jerseys

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by UncleLTrain, Nov 11, 2003.

1. UncleLTrain

UncleLTrain Member

May 19, 2002
    Will the XL be equal to last years XL or are they resized altogether?

2. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    I think the sizing will be the same, just more size options will be offered......

3. carpediem175

carpediem175 New Member

Oct 6, 2003
    Pompton Plains , NJ
    That is great news about the 2004 jerseys. Do you know if they will be available by the start of the season? And where is this soccer shop located?

4. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    I heard they would be available around April ??
    you can reach The Onyun Bhag at www.theOnyunbhag.com

just remove the Y and the H

5. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
  6. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    mods. I typed o n i o n b a g. com Why did that thing happen?

7. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Because the O Bhag had a fallout with Big SOccer and is banned from the boards here. Thus we speak in code :)

8. IMOX77

IMOX77 New Member

Jun 15, 2003
    Long Island, NY

As long as its not some ugly a$$ Jersey with an 80-year-old fisherman and Green and Orange Waves

http://www.hockeytraderumors.com/modules.php?name=News&file=print&sid=3900
    NYR-4//NYI-0

9. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
  10. BrooklynGladiator

BrooklynGladiator New Member

Jan 27, 2003
    big up to Brooklyn
    black/red vertical = home
    black/white vertical = away
    completely black kit = alternate

how i think it should be

11. Frieslander

Frieslander Member
    Staff Member

Feb 14, 2000
    North Jersey
    an all-black alternate? sounds like a DC uniform.

12. red&black1

red&black1 New Member

Mar 8, 2003
    Kearny NJ
    How bout an all red alternate? Or a yellow kit with red verticle stripes. Or red kit with yellow stripes.

13. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We want fishsticks!!!!!

14. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    We need an ESC type section at the Garden...... how awesome would it be if hockey at the garden had a footy type atmosphere ?

15. Arisrules

Arisrules Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Washington, DC
    I think the primary jersey should have wider stripes. The thin ones we currently have don't look too great. Also, please take the cheesey Metrostars off the front. It looks horrible.

16. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    I agree. Broad red and black stripes for home. Broad black and white stripes for away. Why is that so difficult ??

17. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Has anyone seen this Metros hat anywhere??

[​IMG]

18. tigersoccer2005

tigersoccer2005 Member+

Dec 1, 2003
    North Bergen, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would also like to see the Black and White striped away jerseys make a comeback this year. I don't understand why they introduced that white with gray shading jersey last season. It's elegant, and at first i thought--cool its just a nice third jersey for a change of pace, but then it was as if the signature black and white stripe away jersey disappeared off the face of the earth...I never saw it on tv again.....Why did they do this when the Metros have such a recognizable look?

I really liked this past season's home jersey---those huge broad stripes were done away with. The jersey looks so much better with thinner stripes--and I love how they taper it towards the sides!! But I miss the very thin yellow accent lines. I thought those thin accent lines between the red and yellow were so cool!! They seemed to make the red and black stand out boldly. The new Metros logo or shield crest introduced this past year was a welcome change as well---it looks so classy!!

Regarding the Islanders third jersey with the fisherman and the lighthouse i seem to be in the minority of people that actually liked that jersey---i thought it was very original, had character, and was very brightly colored while staying true to the roots of Long Island's past. I was sad to see them go back to that horrible map/outline of Long Island. I know it's a classic logo and that it has gone down forever in NHL history with the Islanders teams of the 80's----but really folks, you must admit---it is one of the blandest logos in American pro sports....... The Rangers statue of Liberty Logo is a very nice third jersey---if only the Devils could come up with a good third jersey!!

19. tigersoccer2005

tigersoccer2005 Member+

Dec 1, 2003
    North Bergen, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sorry for the posting typo---the thin yellow accent lines were between the red and black, not between the red and yellow!! lol

Anyway, that was a great look---wish they would go back to it.

20. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    The current Metrostars jersey has a thin yellow line seperating the red and black from the mesh towards the bottom. Not sure where else, if at all is their yellow on the jersey...

21. tigersoccer2005

tigersoccer2005 Member+

Dec 1, 2003
    North Bergen, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah thats my point---other than the bottom its not there---but before the Metrostars were bought out--they used to have a jersey a couple of years back where the thin yellow lines were actually located in between the red and black stripes--runnning down the shirt vertically---it was a very cool look. I'm going to see if there is aplace on the web that has access to the different jerseys the MLS teams have worn over the years. If I find the jhersey I'm talking about I'll post a pic here.

I hope this is the year the Metros give everyone hell!! =)

22. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Are you refering to the 1999-2000 jersey ?
    can;t seem to find picture at the moment....

23. tigersoccer2005

tigersoccer2005 Member+

Dec 1, 2003
    North Bergen, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah i think it might be the 99 jersey or even the 98 one---TSI soccer carried it in its catalog of MLS jerseys --damn i wish i could find the picture......

24. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Is this the one you are referring to ?

[​IMG]

2001 - 2002 home jersey in FIFA game.....

[​IMG]

25. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Great news folks!! I just bought a Metrostars jersey !!! Dunno what year it is though. It is black and white, but no stripes. I'm thinking 96, 97 or 98 ?? Got it for $15, size XL at the Massapequa Soccer Shop. They also had the 99 - 00 home, 01 - 02, and 03 - 04 home jerseys. Also bought a USMNT home '98 jersey for $25 size XL. They have an extensive collection of MLS jerseys, and others. Racks and racks of stuff. Just wanted to let you folks know about it...