2004 Lhusoc (r)

Discussion in 'US Open Cup' started by chn71, Oct 15, 2003.

1. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    I too am keeping track of Qualifying. In the Pro Select League standings Northern Va. Royals are 3 and out. They are already out of the picture, but to add insult to injury their last USOC Qualifier is against the Wilmington Hammerheads who are already in as PSL champs. So earning, losing or drawing points won't matter much to them in USOC play.

Also The Long Island Rough Riders and the California Gold are done with a draw & two loses earning them a point. So those two are also done.

An interesting situation with the Western Mass. Pioneers & the New Hampshire Phantoms. These two will face each other in their final two USOC Qualifiers. Harrisburg is in 2nd 6 Pts, Western Mass in 3rd 6 Pts, San Diego 4th 6 Pts, New Hampshire 5th 4 Pts, Utah 6th 4 Pts.

Utah has played 3 and are 1-1-1. Both New Hampshire & Western Mass have played two but Western Mass is 2-0-0 & New Hampshire is 1-0-1. Harrisburg has played three 2-1-0. San Diego played two and is 2-0-0. So this is going to be a very interesting situation with the final two weekends of Qualifying. :)

2. chn71

chn71 Member

Jul 23, 2000
    Elyria, Oh
    Ya know, after all the attention they gave the qualifiers last season, I'm really dissapointed that the USL hasn't even updated their USOC standings once for this year. It's a good thing fans like us care enough to keep track.

Next Sunday (May 16), we should see a much clearer picture in the PDL qualifying as well, right now it's way to early to make anything out of it.

3. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Region II

Bavarians go through, 3-1.

http://www.soccermidwest.us/NatlCups.htm

4. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    This is amazing. PDL Southern Conference Qualifying. The Dallas/Ft. Worth Tornados are 2-0-0 and with a goal differential 17:0 in favor of them.

8-0 Win against New Orleans on Friday and then a 9-0 win against Lafayette this past Sunday. Amazing how this club is scoring goals. If they don't get a loss in either or maybe their next match for US Open Cup Qualifying, I think they just solidified one of the two spots from the PDL South. :eek:

5. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well. That settles it. I'm going to definitely have to go see them when they come to Austin May 28. Which means I'm not going to Dallas for the Open Cup qualifying. (Actually, the real reason I'm not going up to Dallas for the OCQ is that that weekend's an anniversary weekend for me and my wife)

I checked out the Tornado's website. Nice looking site... with absolutely no information other than a schedule and how to get to their home stadium. Thought I might be able to glean a little info as to why this team tore up their first two opponents. But as is typical for a PDL team, they're not letting anyone know much of anything useful through the web.

6. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.uslsoccer.com/teams/2004/934453.html

Both game reports have lineups listed if that helps you.

http://www.uslsoccer.com/scripts/ru...ents/Display+E+47116+Roster/2/+934453+1076107 is their roster.

Mark Rowland, who has four goals, played in the MISL in Dallas this year and played for El Paso n the A League in the past. Looks like he has tons of experience. He had two against Bishop's team, so if Ian is ready to play in MLS right now as he proclaims, Rowland should be getting a call up from Bruce any day now.

Dwayne Bergeron has bounded around the USl and has two goals already.

Jamie Watson, who has a goal and three assists, played on the U-17 team with Adu and was ACC freshmanof the year. I think MLS made a big pitch for him, IIRC.

Defender Joard Odera played for the Silverbacks.

That's some Google searching on guys who have played a lot. They also have a few other D-I kids in there.

7. chn71

chn71 Member

Jul 23, 2000
    Elyria, Oh
    Well, if the same tiebreakers as last year are being used, then the +17 goal difference would only be +6. After the head to head and total wins tiebreakers, #3 & 4 are goal difference and goals scored, but only a maximum +3 difference and 3 goals per game count towards the tiebreaker. I think this is to neutralize what we're seeing now, DFW and Cocoa killing opponents 8-0 and 9-0, becuase all the temas don't get to play the same weak teams in qualifying.

All that aside, DWF's next qualifying opponent is Laredo, the last minute replacement for Las Cruces. Laredo is 0-0-2, with a 1:7 goal difference. DWF's foinal match vs. El Paso on May 21 should be a true test as to how good this team is.

OBTW, Allied SC defeated SC Portugues 1-0 and go through to the Open Cup. No word yet on Olympiakos-Atlas

8. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. chn71

chn71 Member

Jul 23, 2000
    Elyria, Oh
    Atlas won 3-1 over Olympiakos

10. mutinywxgirl

mutinywxgirl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 6, 1999
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Chn71, if I haven't said it before, thanks for always keeping us updated with the latest results!

Same goes for the rest!

11. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    CHN 71: Did you see on the USL website that the May 12th Cocoa Vs Central Florida USOC Qualifier is not on the Cocoa Expos schedule nor on the Central Florida Kraze schedule either. I checked your website and it has it, so does my Excel program. Did the April 30th match serve as the Qualifier? Because that's the only match that has those two playing against each other.

And now I know. I checked the Kraze website after typing the paragraph above CHN71. The match was moved to April 30th.

Cocoa 2:1 Central Florida April 30th is the match.

Why can't anyone tell us what's going on.

MutinyWXGirl: Is that really your picture on the left?

12. chn71

chn71 Member

Jul 23, 2000
    Elyria, Oh
    This gives Cocoa a very good chance of qualifying, 3-0-0 with 9 points, and a +5 tiebreaker goal difference. Their final match is tomorrow night vs. Bradenton. If all goes the way it's going, it will be Cocoa and either DWF or El Paso moving on from the PDL South. The May 21 match between the Tornado and Patriots could decide the second spot.

mutinywxgirl, just doin' my job ma'am! lol

I'm sure Violet will agree, tracking down the USASA results can be fun and frustrating at the same time. On one hand it's like a scavenger hunt, while other times it's like interrogating a stubborn prisoner for information.

13. mutinywxgirl

mutinywxgirl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 6, 1999
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Yes, it is.....

14. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    Houston we have a problem in the PDL Central. Columbus Shooting Starzz are done. They haven't started qualifying and they are done. It's nice to know that they had to mess it all up around the start of the season.

http://pdl.uslsoccer.com/home/74979.html

15. chn71

chn71 Member

Jul 23, 2000
    Elyria, Oh
    Yeah, Cleveland Internationals were set to play Columbus tonight, instead they got Toledo, who they beat 3-0. Seeing the way the USL is keeping track of the qualifiers, I'll probably have to e-mail them later this week to find out what is going on. I'll give them a few days leeway to figure the schedule out though, lol.

Some better news, Cocoa Expos are the first club to qualify from the groups. A 1-0 win over Bradenton tonight gives them the meximum 12 points, and only DWF and El Paso can equal them. DWF and El Paso play each other next week, so only one of them can match the Expos.

16. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    CHN71 My guess would be since that Toledo hasn't played their four qualifiers yet that this paticular match the points won or lost would have gone to Cleveland only. They are just filling in as an emergency opponent for the Cleveland Internationals because it was suppose to be Columbus. It wouldn't be fair to Toledo if they played Cleveland on 5/14 and their USOC qualifying points were at stake right off the bat.

That's just my opinion of course.

17. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    Atlanta & Charleston draw 2:2 so Atlanta is thru on Aggregate 4:2
    Portland Timbers defeat the Seattle Sounders 1:0 so 3:1 on Aggregate and the Timbers make thier first US Open Cup Apperence.

If Seattle is going to take one of the final two spots then with the new ruling maybe they can do it.

18. orbie

orbie New Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Austin
    I can't find info on Boulder Rapids Reserve qualifing. can anyone fill me in?

19. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    Kansas City Brass 0:2 Boulder Rapids Reserves
    Sioux Falls Spit Fire 3:6 Boulder Rapids Reserves
    Des Moines Menace 1:3 BoulderRapids Reserves

one more win and you are going to the 1st Round of the US Open Cup

20. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    CHN71: Can you give me the PDL Central Qualifiers for the St. Louis Strikers. I think I typed in one match too many.

21. chn71

chn71 Member

Jul 23, 2000
    Elyria, Oh
    PDL Update

GIO-
    5/2 Souix Falls Spitfire 0:2 St. Louis Strikers
    5/15 Indiana Blast 0:5 St. Louis Strikers
    5/21 St. Louis Strikers v. Colorado Springs Blizzard
    5/22 St. Louis Strikers v. Boulder Rapids Reserve

PDL Update
    No new teams qualified this weekend, but a few got closer.

The East still has a ways to go before anytging is settled, with no less than 11 qualifying matches yet to be played this week.

The Central is the same, but there are four teams stepping up their bid for qualification. Boulder Rapids Reserves are 3-0, and have a cruicial match with another of those four teams, St. Louis Strikers. Chicago Fire Reserves and Michigan Bucks are also looking good, at 2-0 and with convincing wins.

The South is cut and dry. Cocoa is in. DWF, El Paso and Central Florida all stand at 9 pts, but Central Florida has played all 4 matches, and are eliminated. That is because they cannot catch either DWF or El Paso, because one team, or both, will walk out with points from their showdown on May 21.

In th West, 3-0 Orange County and Spokane are sitting top with 9 points, and Spokane is right behind with 6, at 2-0. No word yet on the date of the rescheduled Fresno-Orange County match that was postponed last weekend.

Also, the Region IV finals take place this weekend in Sacramento. Chico Rooks and Sacramento Knights qualified form the MPSL.

22. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: PDL Update

Well I know they spanked the rest of the SE division, but I hope the Cocoa Expos go far in the Open Cup.

23. Dave Brull

Dave Brull Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Mayfield Hts, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The game vs. Toledo was technically an exhibition. I think the USl is determining whether Cleveland won via forfeit or what the scenario is. I don't think this loss counts against Toledo.

24. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    Dave. Like I said in a past post. Because Toledo was an emergency fill in for Cleveland's match the points were Clevelands to win and lose. Toledo shouldn't have been in danger. Because they haven't played those other US Open CUp matches. Also Toledo played against the Indiana Invaders. Do you know what happened in that match?

25. chn71

chn71 Member

Jul 23, 2000
    Elyria, Oh
    Got some info from Steve Clamp of the USL:

-Toledo beat Indiana 4-2 over the weekend

-The postponed Orange County-Fresno match from last week may possibly take place Friday.

-Info on the Columbus SS situation will be on the USL website tonight