2004 Commitments

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by 2leftshoes, Oct 10, 2003.

1. 2leftshoes

2leftshoes New Member

Sep 17, 2003
    bay area
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am curious about college commitments for 2004. Lots of talk about the men but not much posted anywhere about the women.

2. PSU92

PSU92 Member

Feb 27, 1999
    Annandale VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is Kara Lang ready for College next year?

Or is she a couple of years away still?

She may be the first Woman soccer player to be subject to the kind of recruiting war you see over Football or Basketball players.

3. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    she should be heading to university next fall ... and i know for a fact that all the major schools have been knocking on her door already ... it'll be interesting to see where she'll end up commiting to.

elaine

4. kejj1212

kejj1212 New Member

Jul 5, 2003
  5. Tom T

Tom T New Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Soccer Wasteland

Are you thinking what I'm thinking, PSU92?

We've talked about the Ontario connection. It's time to go west, huh? Lang's from western Canada, right?

It would be a good fit, regardless!

6. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    she was born in alberta, but lives in ontario now ...

which ever school she ends up choosing, expect her to be missing some time next fall as the 2004 U19 world championships is taking place in thailand in november ...

elaine

7. UFGator98

UFGator98 Member

Aug 13, 2001
    Florida
    Kara should come to Florida, enjoy the warm weather and play with Mel Booth :)

8. Tom T

Tom T New Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Soccer Wasteland
    nah, the Not-So-Happy Valley climate is more like she's used to!

9. kejj1212

kejj1212 New Member

Jul 5, 2003
  10. auger9

auger9 New Member

Apr 24, 2003
    Ontario
    KARA LANG

most canucks have chosen Nebraska, i'd like to see her go elsewhere. I've heard lost of rumours about UCLA...

11. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    Re: KARA LANG

the ucla talk was from last year ... i think it was just a random quote that was taken too seriously etc. i'm pretty sure ucla is still on her list, with a bunch of other top schools etc. it'll be interesting to see where kara will end up going, as any team will definite benefit ...

and re: nebraska ... while yes, lots of canucks go there, i think the hey-day of the nebraska-canuck connection was in the late 90s when coach walker had it easy picking the best players from canada ... now he doesn't have that luxury as lots of top canucks are going to other top schools who are recruiting more in canada etc.

elaine

12. Beez

Beez Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Parade All-American Jaime Gilbert of Brooks School and North Andover, Mass., committed to North Carolina last week.

13. soccrgrlk13s8

soccrgrlk13s8 New Member

Jan 15, 2001
    FL
    Ok, season's over. Time for this thread to start up again. Anyone have any inside scoop on commitments?

14. auger9

auger9 New Member

Apr 24, 2003
    Ontario
    gobigred says Kara Lang is leaning towards UNC or Florida. But she'll redshirt next season (olympics, u19 cup).

15. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    just to clarify this, a POSTER on gobigred says kara is leaning towards UNC or florida ... not gobigred itself. gobigred doesn't know ;) lol

elaine

16. 2leftshoes

2leftshoes New Member

Sep 17, 2003
    bay area
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aside from Kara Lang, how can we find out about 2004 commitments? I have heard about most of the west coast top contenders and where they have landed but what about other players? Anyone know who Portland has recruited? How about Santa Clara? I have only heard of 1 recruit to Santa Clara next year.

17. GopherBob

GopherBob Member

Jun 6, 2003
    Minneapolis
    So Elaine, Nebraska is no longer a big Canada connection with Timko, Dennis and Andrews all joining the team? Could've fooled me...

I'd think Nebraska would be the best fit for her from a soccer standpoint. They play virtually the same style as Canada and probably try to be the most physical team in the NCAA.

You also can't hide the fact that she'd be playing with Timko, Andrews and Dennis and Latham is currently on the coaching staff.

On a sidenote, I really hope the Canadian staff appreciates all Nebraska has done for Canada Soccer.

Players like Nonen, Morneau, Latham, Boyd and LeBlanc all went from relative unknowns to big stars as they passed through Lincoln.

18. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    i never said that. i just said that the days when coach walker pretty much got EVERY canadian recruit is over (the cream of the crop of canucks) ... and that canadians are now recruited by all the top schools and has the option of going to other good schools beyond nebraska.

i'm one of the biggest fans of the nebraska program, you can read me gushing about them all the time at the gobigred boards etc., and i'm sure team canada is very appreciative of all the things that coach walker has done ... heck, he's right now in florida as one of the assistant coaches to coach pellerud at training camp.

elaine

19. GopherBob

GopherBob Member

Jun 6, 2003
    Minneapolis
    I agree Canada has been more heavily recruited lately, but I think Nebraska reaffirmed itself again as the leading destination for Canadian talent after Timko and Dennis signed.

Needless to say, Sinclair and Chapman were definitely big losses for Walker. At the same time, Walker has been landing a lot of quality American players lately. The current core of players are growing together and will do some very big things over the next few years. They were probably the only team in the top 25 this year with no seniors, they also started 4 freshmen and 5 sophomores.

They could definitely use Kara Lang's scoring touch, however, besides Christine Latham, Nebraska hasn't used Canadian strikers, so they'll be fine either way.

20. kejj1212

kejj1212 New Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Ohio commit list is growing

The Ohio women's prep list is growing with nearly 75 commitments, most to DI schools. The list is at www.ohioprepscene.com. Speaking of Candian players and commitments, my understanding is that Ohio state has a commitment from a Canadian national player and that their recruiting class may be ranked among the top 10 recruiting classes.

21. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    Re: Ohio commit list is growing

that would be lisa collision ... i hear she's going to be a buckeye next fall!

elaine

22. Breakers_rule

Breakers_rule New Member

Sep 8, 2003
    In my house.
  23. cachundo

cachundo Marketa Davidova. Unicorn. World Champion

GO STANFORD!
    Feb 8, 2002
    Genesis 16:12...He shall be a wild ass among men
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    from the grapevine

Penn State: Zoe Bouchelle, Sheree Gray

Duke: Lorraine Quinn, Allison Lipsher

Notre Dame: Amanda Cinalli

Virginia: Jennifer Redmond

Boston College: Kia McNeill

Clemson: Elizabeth Jobe

Texas: Stephanie Logterman

Texas A&M: Ashlee Pistorius

Arizona State: Lara Kezer

Cal are bringing in a huge class of 8-9 recruits. The prize is the Nigerian Nightmare Chioma Igwe. Other recruits include Carolina Lea, Laura Gastrell, Dayna Queisser, Katie Martinez, Kristine Reljia, Stephanie Wieger.

24. dylan383

dylan383 New Member

Jan 17, 2004
    Texas
    Where's your source? That's great news for the aggies.

25. cachundo

cachundo Marketa Davidova. Unicorn. World Champion

GO STANFORD!
    Feb 8, 2002
    Genesis 16:12...He shall be a wild ass among men
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Charlotte.