2004-5 Atalanta Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Italy: Clubs' started by SueB, Nov 9, 2004.

1. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    What! No Atalanta thread!? Hey, they're on the bottom of the table and need SOME support, so I thought I'd make a thread for them if only for the pleasue of SoccerFan8270. ;) This should complete the list of Serie A team threads.

2. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    FINAL:
    Chievo: 1
    Atalanta: 0

3. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Atalanta-Brescia could be the most intense game of the week. This Lombardian derby has a heated past, and Atalanta is desperate to get their first win of the season and stay in touch at the bottom of the table. Atalanta should be boosted by the late okay to play of Demetrio Albertini in the midfield.

Taibi
    Rivalta
    Sala
    Natali
    Bellini
    Zenoni
    Albertini
    Marcolini
    Montolivo
    Pazzini
    Budan

4. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Atalanta are by far the most disappointing team this year. With the amount of young talent at their disposal they should definately be playing better. But it's a long season and I guess they can turn things around.

5. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    FINAL:
    Atalanta: 0
    Brescia: 0

6. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    Coppa Italia

FINAL:
    Atalanta: 2
    Juventus: 0

7. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
  8. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
  9. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Rossi rolls out this 4-4-1-1 lineup for his first game in charge vs Udinese:-

Taibi; Rivalta, Sala, Natali, Bellini; Zenoni, Mingazzini, Bernardini, Marcolini; Montolivo; Budan.

This game is being shown on Telemundo today at 4 pm Eastern and 3 pm Pacific. Unfortunately, that's one channel I don't get. :(

Referee is Trefoloni.

10. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
  11. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Atalanta has sent 27-year-old striker Gianni Comandini to Serie B side Ternana for the remainder of the season. Geez, I remember when this guy was tearing things up with Vicenza and got what his big chance at Milan a few years ago. Unfortunately, 13 appearances and only 2 goals, and this was his fate instead. I don't think he's played at all this year.

In return, Atalanta got midfielder Giulio Migliaccio. Both are co-ownership deals.

12. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I too remember Comandini when he was doing well. A lot of young strikers end up like him unfortunately. :(

13. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Comandini's biggest moment was when he scored 3 goals for Milan against Inter in the 6-0 derby. Then he disappeared.

14. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He actually only scored two goals in that game, which were the only goals he scored for Milan that season. But every Milan fan worldwide will smile when they hear his name for the rest of their lives :)

15. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Really? I could've sweared he scored a hat-trick...Oh well, the score was still 6-0. :D

16. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    well I think the loss to messina in that makeup game pretty much ends things for atalanta. 11 pts halfway through the season with a mountain to climb.

I wonder if they move now on some of their valued young pieces...perhaps they would get more now at teams eye Euro spots than in the summer...

17. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    they're still better than Ancona was at this time last year...

18. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Atalanta's definitely seen the writing on the wall and are starting to get ready for Serie B with the loss of Albertini to Barcelona. Unfortunately, it was a free transfer, so they didn't get any money from the deal, but at least they don't have to pay his salary for the rest of the season. Looks like other sales are imminent as well.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jan25g.html

19. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    this is interesting if they move their top youngsters...Palermo makes a lot of sense for Pazzini...I imagine if they sell midfielder Montolivo the price will be even higher...

btw how does Barca think Albertini can help them now??...thats a stretch.