2004/2005 Udinese Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Italy: Clubs' started by SoccerFan8270, Oct 30, 2004.

1. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    Hm...game is over.

Udinese 1 x 1 Sampdoria

IMO...I don't know.Of course a won would be nice,but the run stills live.Maybe cause Samp's next game is against Inter...

2. steven nevets

steven nevets Member

May 7, 1999
    Portland
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's never easy now is it..This CL spot is going to come down to the very, very end. Any photos from todays match would be welcome.
    -CHEERS

3. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    And now we are one step from our CL spot :)

Cagliari 1 x 1 Udinese

Since Samp lost to Inter,a stupid 1x0 against Milan will give us a chance to play at next CL...that's it!

4. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    YEAH WE ARE ON :) CONGRATS TO ALL BIANCONERI FANS

Udinese 1 x 1 Milan - Bologna 0 x 0 Sampdoria

With these results,we have our CL spot \o/

CHEERS

5. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Congrats to BIANCONERI fans...

JUVENTUS 28th Scudetti....

Udinese wins the 4th UCL spot, i just really hope they will not sell off everybody and have nobody left to mount a decent UCL run!

BUT enjoy the glory, Udinese certainly are deserving!

6. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Congratulations to Udinese. You definitely had paid your dues with many appearances in the UEFA (and Intertoto) Cup. It is time for Udinese to be in the Champions League, and I hope most of the big players stick around for it.

7. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
  8. giuseppefutbol

giuseppefutbol New Member

Sep 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
  9. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That's the past....

Marek Jankulovski to AC seems to have been clear to all since January!

I personally am more interested in seeing who Udinese signs this transfer window, keeping in mind they are going into the UCL!!!

10. MAICOL

MAICOL Member

Oct 18, 2003
    Earth
    Club:
    Univ Catolica
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  11. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    No huge signings but 4 potentially useful ones so far. Vidigal from Livorno, D'Agostino and Barreto from Treviso, and Marco Motta from Atalanta:

http://it.sports.yahoo.com/050601/4/8i7y.html
    http://it.sports.yahoo.com/050601/4/8hz0.html

I also saw some scary reports that some Udinese players might be among those being investigated for involvement in an illegal gambling ring. I was waiting for an English-language report to make sure I understood it properly, but I haven't seen one yet.

http://it.sports.yahoo.com/050601/4/8hz3.html

12. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    this will be interesting, of those new signings Vidigal's a good squad player.

Curious to see if Udinese follows their typical path, sell Pizarro, Iaquinta, Pinzi etc now and bring in young players to develop again...or try to keep the team together.

If they do sell and bring in unproven types I think making it out of the CL qualifying stages will be real tough...

13. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Actually, the more I think about it, these deals are probably to build their squad depth since they'll be hoping to at least make it through the winter break competing on two fronts. They may sell a player or two besides Jankulovski (Pizarro, Iaquinta - http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun1c.html), but I don't see them totally cleaning house.

14. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    Like I said about 2 weeks ago,Udinese have good replacement.Of course Marek Jankulosvki and David Pizarro are very good players,but IMO guys like Mauri,di Natale,Muntari,Fava or Goitom and our 2nd GK Handanovic can do it without problem.

I think Iaquinta,de Sanctis and Pizarro will leave...but di Michele,or Felipe...hm,no.

Good news instead.When Udinese bought Dino Fava from a C1 squad,no one would know his future...

15. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    careful here, most serie a watchers will tell you Pizarro was the top creative central midfielder in italy and is on most First 11 or "teams of the year". Neither he nor De Sanctis will be easy to replace......perhaps the wingers and even fava for iaquinta at striker will be simple switches but take away your #10 and rock behind the defense and its a lot different.

16. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Good move by Udinese to sign Marco Motta. He's 18 years old, an Under-21 regular, started for Atalanta this season, and is being dubbed as the next Maldini...

17. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    I think you are right here,but Handanovic showed his talent.Of course de Sanctis is a fantastic GK,but IMO is again the same thing like Dino Fava - you never know about him.I think...Marcos,Palmeiras and Brazil NT GK would be the perfect name to replace him.

And Pizarro...yes,he's a world class Midfielder,but he prefers to leave Udinese.Sad,but true.I don't know who is be at his place next season,but Udinese probably have cash to buy someone realy good...if they don't try to appear with a new name(hm,since Samp and that history about Recoba...why not to make a deal,heh?:D or not).

Udinese have 1 ½ month to see their signs...to play the most important season of their history.

18. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Marco Motta would be a brilliant addition, however, i haven't seen it posted anywhere yet, just tribalfootball.com and i'd hardly call that reliable.

19. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    It's in in one of the two links I originally posted above. Also, I've seen it reported in La Gazzeta. I'm pretty sure it's true.

EDIT: Reading that link above a second time, I see that the Motta deal is not completed as yet but that only a "few details" need to be finalized.

20. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Still nothing reported in English ,but it turns out the 3 players are Iaquinta, Di Michele and Jankulovski. I don't think anybody is suggesting they fixed games or anything - just betting.

http://it.sports.yahoo.com/050603/2/8jm2.html

This article lists a bunch of players from other teams:

http://www.emilianet.it/database/em...cf56242f45754503c12570150021ad62?OpenDocument

21. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    UEFA reportage about Udinese CL success

Hm,Spalletti out.I prefer to see some guys leaving instead of him.Who'll be the next coach?

Anyway,like someone said at Roma foruns,they made a bid for Iaquinta(with some players too).So...just waiting the result.

22. magia

magia New Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Asuncion
    Does anyone have heard abaut a player called Jose Montiel, he was playing in a club of my country but it seems that he is going to play for your team and I dont want him to go! :(

23. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Seems as though every one of the guys that took Udinese to the UCL wants out...I mean does anybody wanna play UCL for Udinese???

Marek Jankulovski (MILAN)
    David Pizarro (Inter, Roma, Milan, Juve)
    Vincenzo Iaquinta (Milan)
    Morgan De Sanctis (Fiorentina)
    David Di Michele
    Stefano Mauri

I'm becoming very concerned that Udinese will go into the UCL qualifying round and let Serie A down, simply because they have a team nothing like the one which won the right to represent Serie A in club football's most prestigous competition.

24. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This is exactly the reason why I wanted Sampdoria to get the CL spot.

25. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    agreed, I had been fearing this for a while. Its good business for Udinese but won't impress much in the CL...too bad.