2004/2005 Palermo Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Palermo' started by SoccerFan8270, Sep 18, 2004.

1. SICILIANSOCCERFAN

SICILIANSOCCERFAN New Member

Dec 6, 2004
    Toronto
    http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/may28h.html

Now Zamparini is asking Guidolin to reconsider and stay on...have a read...
    I have never seen so much flip flopping and in my opinion Zamparini has made the mistakes by not shutting his mouth and blurting out whatever he feels at the moment...i would want to work for him either...boss from hell!...i agree w/ previous post, Guidolin has made mistakes, but they better make sure they replace him w/ someone better...is Zeman better...i dont think so

2. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
  3. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
  4. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Not so sure about that one.

5. SICILIANSOCCERFAN

Dec 6, 2004
    Toronto
  6. AmericanRosanero

AmericanRosanero New Member

Dec 11, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo
  7. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Zamparini continues to amaze me....at the end of the story about the young brazilian, he basically says he wanted to make Zeman coach but the fans couldnt handle his tactics. Good luck del neri!

“I wanted to sign Zdenek Zeman,” he explained. “His football is the most exciting, courageous and enjoyable in Serie A. Unfortunately, the people of Palermo are new to top flight football and were a little frightened of taking so many risks.”

8. GianPaolo

GianPaolo New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    Keep the team Italian no need for other superstars from other countries. We got to where we are without them so why get them now?
    Plus wasn't it the.... figc or someone that said more teams should be like Palermo?

9. SICILIANSOCCERFAN

Dec 6, 2004
    Toronto
    so imagine my dissapointment when i read the local paper in toronto and it says that the Italian National team game in toronto (which i have tickets for) wont be showcasing many of their big stars :eek: instead they will be playing
    7 Palermo players (guardalben,Barzagli,Grosso,Zaccardo,barone,Brienza,TONI)
    and one Messina player (Coppola)....hmmm,....dont think im gonna miss Del Piero not playing...thank you Lippi for bringing the guys who deserve to play! :D

10. picaraza

picaraza New Member

Jul 27, 2003
    California
    Enjoy!

11. GianPaolo

GianPaolo New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    Picaraza,

you moved to Denmark?

12. AmericanRosanero

Dec 11, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo

Holy CRAP. Are those ALL starters?

13. picaraza

picaraza New Member

Jul 27, 2003
    California
    Oops, no lazy.
    I was there visiting my wife's family.

14. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  15. AmericanRosanero

Dec 11, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo
    Abbiati for Guardalben seems good to me! His form the last 6-8 games were just... eh. He seems to to mail it in with one goal leads, and that hurt badly with all those draws in April and May.

16. picaraza

picaraza New Member

Jul 27, 2003
    California
    Abbiati is great news.

The talk was about Abbiati or Frey all last summer...

17. GianPaolo

GianPaolo New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    Wasn't this move suppose to happen like 6 months ago??
    Anyways i'm not that sure about this move but i'll like to see him play before i make any assumptions.

18. AmericanRosanero

Dec 11, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo
  19. mritalian1210

mritalian1210 Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern Jersey
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I hate tribalfootball.com..

20. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  21. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey guys just writing to tell you Im in beautiful Palermo right now. I love seeing all the Palermo stuff around the city and Villabate. Garages painted in Palermo colors with the logos, a giant pink A on a building and in various other places, billboards, etc. The stadium looks incredible from the outside and Mount Pelligrino, I hope to see it up close at some point. This is my first time here and I fell in love with it instantly. It took me 20 minutes to adjust (the driving is indescribable...) but now I feel like Iàm home. People keep telling me I should stay. Ciao.

22. AmericanRosanero

Dec 11, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo

i. hate. you.

</so FRIGGIN jealous>

23. picaraza

picaraza New Member

Jul 27, 2003
    California
    Enjoy a plate of pasta con le sarde for me.

Or, the dish that's made with sea urchins-- incredible. Can't remember the name. And the one they make with the squid ink al nero sepia.

Getting hungry. Luckily, there's a pretty good Sicilian restraurant close to where I live in Berkeley, California.

24. GianPaolo

GianPaolo New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    :eek: Your lucky man!! Hey is it possible for you to get a certain Palermo jersey i'm looking for??

25. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The cheap replica Palermo jerseys are available pretty much everywhere. On street corners, in little shops, the flags and other stuff too. I actually havent seen any authentic stuff, but I keep passing sport shops and Im sure they are in there. But the problem is I cant really tote anything for you because after I leave here in July Im going to tour the rest of Italy and wont have much room. Unless you want something sent from here, but I have no idea how much that costs. If you paypal me cash or something, I could buy it and ship it to you at a Mailboxes Etc which are everywhere in this city.