2004-05 NBA thread

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by Megatron, Nov 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. therealronaldo7

therealronaldo7 New Member

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    Well, the best chance for the Bulls to break their west coast losing streak came and went last night without a trace of the Bulls showing up. It was brutal. Curry and Chandler combined for less than 10 points and 10 boards. Embarassing. Deng and Hinrich cannot do it all. And also, when you are counting on Piatkowski, you know you are in trouble. It look like an 0-11 start for the Bulls.....at least.

2. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  3. Megatron

Megatron New Member

Jul 4, 2002
    Chicago
    That was awful last night I really could not bear to watch after Richardson manhandled them before the half.There's something wrong when your two best players are a 2nd year point guard and a rookie forward.Chandler at least made a halfway decent effort on defense.Curry just blows! :mad: He makes me so f***ing angry.Gordon put up some decent shots toward the end but it was too little too late.

4. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  5. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    What do Kwame Brown, Tyson Chandler, Eddy Curry, Eddie Griffin, DeSagana Diop, Rodney White, Joe Johnson, Kedrick Brown and Vladimir Radmanovic have in common?

6. Ted Cikowski

Ted Cikowski Red Card

May 31, 2000
    Not sure why.

They are 4-3.

But...

Ben Wallace didn't play in 2 of their 3 losses.

Chauncy Billups missed 1 of their 3 losses (both ben and chauncy were out against Utah)

Larry Brown has coached a grand total of 2 games thus far and they won both (minnesota and houston) as he was out with a hip injury.

They've already got one of their west coast trips behind them and 4 of their 7 games played thus far have been on the road. (they are 3-0 at home so far)

So with all of that it's hard to be dissapointed. They will be at or near the top of the league in a month.

7. therealronaldo7

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    I agree with you Ted. The Pistons are sitting just fine right now. Big game tonight with the Pacers.

8. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ha, ha! That's pretty funny. I was wondering why Jim Gray's voice was quivering as if somebody stole his puppy.

9. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Yao Ming is really struggling. Maybe he's not going to be the next Shaq after all. I don't see much dominance or willingness to dominate in his performance so far this season.

10. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have never been real high on Yao he has one really good game wrapped between many poor ones. Even Shaq has looked below his usual dominate self so far this year.

11. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yao lacks the killer instuct. He will be good, but not as good as peole think he is.

12. DevilDave

DevilDave Member

West Bromwich Albion/RBNY/PSG/Gamba Osaka/Sac Republic
    United States
    Sep 29, 2001
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    West Bromwich Albion FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Things are beginning to look up here in Sacramento after the Kings' rough start. After beginning the season 1-4, they've rattled off five straight wins including an ugly W tonight vs. the Bucks. The team is still unbeaten at Arco Arena, which has been a relative fortress the last few seasons.

A couple of tests loom this week with the Rockets coming to town Tuesday, the always-interesting roadie to face the Lakers Friday and then the T-Wolves back here in Sac next Sunday.

13. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. therealronaldo7

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    I probably sound like a broken Cornershop record, but if the Bulls had any inside presence other than Curry and Chandler they would have won against the Lakers last night. Curry could not get a defensive rebound if his reward was a Big Mac last night. He was pathetic. Chris Mihm dominated him on both ends of the floor. His shot selection was sub par, his defense was matador and his rebounding was abysmal. The Bulls are my team and always will be, but until Pax gets rid of Curry and Chandler, the team will have no inside presence and hence will not win many games.

15. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    I'm not sure I would lump Chandler with Curry. From what the press is saying, Curry is the cancer, and Chandler actually buys into the team philosophy.

That said, Chandler isn't a true low post player - he's just a good athlete that happens to be 7 foot tall.

16. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ***mod note***

attempting to recover lost posts being separated and merged...

17. KDdidit

KDdidit Member

Apr 15, 2001
    The Brookfield Zoo
    I wouldn't call Curry a "cancer," because I don't think anybody else on the Bulls cares about him. He's just not that good and he doesn't care. You'd think he'd be embarrased getting schooled by Chris Mihm, but 9 times out of ten he gets outplayed by supposedly worse centers. And you know what? He doesn't play any better or any harder the next time out. Chandler looked really good last year before his back took him out, but unfortunately I haven't seen that same athleticism this year...we'll see. I will also say Deng is far and away our best player. Mad props to Paxson for trading for him, almost covers up the questionable selection of Ben Gordon. Athough I sure hope that draft pick to Phoenix is lottery protected :(

18. therealronaldo7

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    You are right that Curry is not a cancer. He just lacks heart, drive and that killer instinct that is required to be a good low post player in this league. In addition, another post was correct in saying that you cannot lump the two big men into the same category. I think you are right, but Curry is bad and Chandler is bad too. If it is not getting into foul trouble is being pushed around like a rag doll because he is not strong enough for the league. There is a place for both of these players in the league, but it is not in Chicago. The Bulls were said to be building around these two for the last three or 4 years and instead it looks like they are now building around the perimeter while Curry and Chandler just stink up the joint on a daily basis. I am tired of them.

19. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    The Bulls just stink... period.

20. Metros Striker10

Metros Striker10 New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    What he said.

I hope that Isiah doesn't go out and trade Sweetney for him. There are trade rumors about this, but this trade makes no sense. Sweetney has a potiential and could be the next LJ I think. Not very tall, but is physical around the hoop.

21. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Speaking of the Knicks, I hear a rumor about a certain All-Star swingman who's unsettled with his current team and can probably be had for very little.

I hear Isiah likes this guy and I think he can really help the Knicks. He has a bit of a temper, but as a native New Yorker, he can certainly handle the big city pressure and his tough tenacious defense is exactly what the Knicks need.

Hmmm.

22. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Do we really have to pretend here like the incident didn't happen? All the people crawling out of the woodwork to discuss it would have lost interest eventually. (And I've said all along I've only got enough NBA interest for one thread.) Anyway, with apologies to the mods (or to the evil puppet behind them) the new Sports Guy has an article on the brawl and I just wanted to say the Hannibal Lecter suggestion really made me laugh. Now where's that other thread?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/cowbell/041122

23. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Whoops, i meant evil puppeteer and no I wasn't that serious.

24. Metros Striker10

Metros Striker10 New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    Hahaha...I wonder who that could possibly be? lol

Nah, I was against that trade. They wanted to trade Ariza for him..total waste...Ariza for a guy who might get kicked out of the league sooner or later.

What's with that new green Mavs jersey? Haven't they realized that the throwback fad is of no more?

25. therealronaldo7

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    Are you referring to Larry Johnson or LeBron James? Either way you are dremaing about Mike Sweetney becoming either of those players.