2004-05 NBA thread

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by Megatron, Nov 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul.eta

Paul.eta Member

Jan 21, 2003
    Seattle VS Rockets will be interesting. Houston has the edge winning the series thusfar 2-1, wednesday will set the tone for the playoffs between them. Hopefully Seattle doesn't run into injury problems like they've been facing the past couple of weeks. We could use our six man, Radmanovic, right about now :(

2. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I would love to say you are right, since I am a big Sixers fan and Iverson fan. But, I just don't see it. That's the qworst matchup for the Sixers. Believe me, Brown knows Iverson's tendencies better than anyone. Prince will be put on Iverson if Iverson starts taking over the series, and trutfully I am unsure the Sixers have enough help for AI to win this series on his own, which he essentially will have to do.

3. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We have a Darko sighting! Milicic pours in 16 points, his career high by far, as the 2nd and 3rd string Pistons dismantle Atlanta by 27. Eleven wins in a row for the defending, and soon-to-be repeat NBA champions.

4. Paul.eta

Paul.eta Member

Jan 21, 2003
    LOL so you beat hotlanta, one of the worst teams in the league. congradulations :rolleyes:

Philly and D-town should be interesting, I'll say 4:2 in Philly's favour.

5. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    They mentioned this in the Book of Revelation. I'm going down to my bunker. See y'all in a year.

6. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    They beat Atlanta with no Rasheed, no Rip, and the other three starters all played half the game or less. Darko...yes, Darko...played 30 minutes. Carlos Delfino played 41, Carlos Arroyo 29, heck even Elden Campbell logged 21 minutes. They were up by 36 and coasted the entire game, and it was on the road.

Philly's got no shot. None. 4-1 for the Pistons, max.

7. Paul.eta

Paul.eta Member

Jan 21, 2003
    Sorry, but you're praise for D-town isn't impressive. Hotlanta has rookies (two starters); young players with some "seasoned" veterans on the team, but they WORST team in the league. You guys lost to them once this season at home (yes without wallace and mcdyess) and struggled to beat them the game before todays in OT. Pistons only won last year because payton, malone weren't putting up numbers and I wouldnt contribute it to the Pistons "defence," they were just horrible in the playoffs. Payton isn't/wasn't comfortable with the triangle offence either. D-town ain't gon win this year, have you forgot about umm...Miami and the West?

8. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Last day for this thread. I think NJ is due for a hiccup, but hopefully the Celtics will rest their starters.

9. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I cant see Boston giving much effort... Cavs will destroy Raptors though, and curse the fact they will miss the playoffs through a tie-breaker...

10. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Doc says he'll play the regulars the same minutes as the last game, as in normal minutes for the first 3 then bring out the scrubs for the 4th.

11. needs

needs Member

Jan 16, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Give. It. Up.

Funny how the Lakers made it as far as they did. I guess it was just a coincidence that Payton, Malone, and the rest of the Lakers other than Kobe and Shaq couldn't score.

The Pistons don't really shut down team's best scorers, but they make it really hard for players 3-9 to score. The eat up mediocre offensive players because they're so long across the front line and because they contest everything. If they beat the Heat, it will be because they blank their role players.

12. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Definitely. The Lakers didn't get to the Finals by accident. Of course, one could point out that Derek Fisher didn't have time to catch and shoot the buzzer beater against the Spurs and a healthy Sam Cassell would have given Payton fits, but at the end of the day, the Lakers beat two teams who were favored to win the whole thing.

The Pistons are for real. Though personally, I'd love to see the Baby Bulls make the finals (I know, not happening).

13. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Kind of amazing when you look at it that you even had to make that point, skip. Has there ever been a champion who has received less respect than the Pistons, especially given that they lost noone from last year? They had the obvious re-peat blues ( a little of the old edge gone, everybody gunning for the champs), the illness of their coach (who's more significant in this case than most coaches), and the Melee in the Hills. I'm certainly not ready to crown them champs (I haven't prematurely crowned any team champs since the last of the Bulls' first run) but every team's got problems this year, and the Pistons will make you work for every shot.

14. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Capped and bolded for emphasis.

I think Detroit will win the series, if that is the series we see. I think the Sixers win two though.

15. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC