2003 Columbus Crew Fan Survey

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by myshap, Nov 16, 2003.

1. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Let yourself be heard, or at least scaned and then thrown out.

2003 Columbus Crew Fan Survey

This is what I put under "Have More to Say":

I am not happy that this organization has choosen to keep the current coaching staff. The team has been tactically lacking, shown no motivation or heart to play, and shows no signs of being match fit under the two full years under Andrulis. We lost 11pts this year after the 75', that would have been good enough to put this team in 2nd place in the league. That is a DIRECT reflection on Andrulis' ability to get the players motivated and fit to play 90' of soccer. No coach in MLS has done less with more then Andrulis has this year. I love this team and it's players and it physically hurts me to say those things about them and to watch them go through this, but it is the truth.

This organization is repeating the history that lead to Andrulis' hiring in the first place and past coaching choices as well. WHEN Andrulis fails in the first half of the season and is sacked, which qualified coach will be willing to come in and right the ship practically mid-season that can do a bit of difference to change things around not just for a few games, but for the next 5-10 years?As I see it the Crew have missed an opportunity to bring in a qualified coach, outside the organization, to take a fresh look at the team and take it out of it's current state of mediocrity.

This was the first year I would have been able to buy season tickets. However, I will not purchase any season tickets because this organization shows no dedication to improve itself or learn from past mistakes. I will always support this team, but there is a limit to my patience waiting for this organization to give the players what they need to succeed, win, and bring an MLS Championship to Columbus.

2. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I'll be more straight to the point and less wordy/intellectual, like: "I think it sucks that Andrulis is allowed to stay after this crap season." or something like that.