2002 College Football Season Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Jeff, Aug 1, 2002.

1. oakydoaks

oakydoaks New Member

Apr 29, 2002
    Denver, CO
    people are bashing Ohio State, but the fact is they are jealousy of the position Ohio State put themselves. Well, too bad, you had your chances (OU, UGA, ND, etc.) and you lost.

2. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chris Rix has been suspended from the Sugar Bowl for not taking an exam.

3. CrewStadium227

CrewStadium227 New Member

Jul 9, 1999
    Columbus,Ohio,USA
    I'll re-visit my comments from a few months back..

And they continued to say it. Until the conference went 5-2 in Bowls, including the National Championship.

Wrong...Thankfully
    I guess I didn't foresee the rise of Chris Gamble, and I underestimated the play of Dustin Fox. Ohio State was great at taking away the big play, and fantastic in the red zone.
    The OL turned out to be surprisingly deep, with Freshmen Sims and Mangold contributing a lot down the stretch. The freshman TB turned out to be O.K. too!

And make no mistake about Craig Krenzel had as much to do with winning as the defense did. This guy was incredible in the clutch. He's not the most talented QB in Ohio State history, but he might be the greatest.
    But Cooper started out with a cupboard that was prerry bare. OSU fans should give the old coach his due on this great season. 18 starters were his recruits.