20,407!!!

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by karlheinz, Jun 10, 2007.

1. karlheinz

karlheinz New Member

Sep 15, 2000
    Germany
    Now that's more like it!!!

How many were Chivas fans vs. Fire fans?

Now the Fire have to put a decent team on the pitch. I know, how about getting someone to actually try to put the ball in the back of the net? Too revolutionary? I say try it.

I can't wait for Blanco!

2. arefmusa

arefmusa New Member

Oct 18, 2000
    US
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

2000-3000 were Chivas Fans no more than that

3. MannyMayhem

MannyMayhem New Member

Aug 4, 2006
    Studio City, CA
    it certainly looked far less Chivas heavy than last year. (that was outrageous how many Chivas supporters showed up)

4. SoFo

SoFo Member

May 19, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chivas was well-represented for a visiting club, but it was still very predominantly a Fire crowd -- maybe 80-20.

5. MannyMayhem

MannyMayhem New Member

Aug 4, 2006
    Studio City, CA
    If I can ask some OT questions: are you from the US originally? Or are you following from afar to get your summer fix? How did you come to like Chicago?

I am always pleased to see more people from overseas taking a liking to the league that's why I ask.

6. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd say 15,000 CHICAGO fans 5,407 Chivas fans!, They tired to make noise during the game, but CHICAGO shut them up pretty quickly. The only time ypu really heard them was when the scored the only goal.

7. I PINCH!

I PINCH! Member

Apr 3, 2006
    Chicago IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I guess thats the only time it counts.

8. LIZZIE

LIZZIE BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 18, 2001
    Sec 126
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, no, the Fire is the home town team

9. Thebizkit

Thebizkit New Member

Sep 6, 2006
    I thought max capacity was only 20,000? There must have been a lot of no shows since TP did not look at capacity. But I have to say the Chiva fans came out in bunches and TP last night was something special, if the MLS can pull off enviorments like that at every match watch out.

10. milicz

milicz Member+

Dec 2, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    How did it not look like a capacity crowd? Standing room only tickets were being sold by game time, it was sold out legitimately. The concourses were packed with standing fans.

11. dlm_Fire

dlm_Fire Member

Aug 16, 2002
    Chicago
    Well, there were areas on the east (skybox) side that showed a significant number of empty seats, but those were in areas for season ticketholders....so it was more no-show than not-sold, I would presume.

12. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    When Chivas USA visit next year when you have Blanco on the team, it should be interesting to see how that one turns out as far as the crowd..The Chivas USA effect should be increased. A sure sellout, of course..

13. swkfilms

swkfilms Member

Oct 7, 2005
    I thought there was a large amount of chivas fans. If you figure weve been lucky to get 12,000 fans to any game this year. and with chivas fans there we had 20,000 youd have to maybe assume 8,000 were chivas fans. Now I know youll say well there were a lot more fire fans because its chivas and a great day for soccer. But I know for my family and tons of others this weekend was the kickoff of graduation parties and weddings so it really wasnt that primetime of a day for fans to come out to TP. It seemed like there was a good amount of chivas fans interspersed throughout the stadium plus 134 (vistors supporters) was filled and went nuts after the goal. There were a lot in the UD in 210/211 and also a lot in 123 by the big chivas flag.

As for the empty seats. I bought my tickets at walk up and it was standing room only. So you might assume that people who had tickets beforehand were standing with their friends that they brought and could only get standing room. Also Section 8 was packed to probably 200% capacity so there are a lot of empty seats right there.

I did want to say though that I thought the game was awesome and with a crowd like that it really made for a fun experience. I wore my Atlas jersey I got a few months ago in guadalajara and caught a lot of dirty looks in the parking lot and in the stadium waiting for food which was pretty funny if you know anything about FMF. :)

14. Firefan72787

Firefan72787 New Member

May 14, 2007
    Even though we lost the crowd made the game more enjoyable, it created a great atmosphere. Section 8 was really great last night as well, it was my first time standing there, and it won't be my last.

15. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    15K Fire fans 5K Chivas fans. More than 2K Chivas fans were there, that's for sure.

16. westmalle1

westmalle1 New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    The Chivas fans were loud. I sat along the sidelines and the Chivas chants were definetely as loud as the Section 8 chants. I think that a simple "Fire" chant may have been what was needed last night. I can't believe that we were out shouted in our own stadium! The shame of it.

Section 8 was in full voice, (Well Done!) but the 85% of the rest of the stadium was quite. (Excluding yours truly).

17. Thebizkit

Thebizkit New Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Who cares which fans where louder, the only thing that mattered was the score. We lost.

18. westmalle1

westmalle1 New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Just makes the loss all the more harder to swallow.

19. westmalle1

westmalle1 New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Also pride has a little bit to do with it as well. I hate to see the Fire lose and I hate to see fans cheer when the Fire lose (especially at home).

That is all.

20. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago
    section 8 was ok last night but the rest of the fire crowd was silent as usual. We need to get the rest of the crowd into it. Not just section 8

21. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You figure we're averaging about 12K-13K fans a game so if there were 20K last night that means it's more like 7K-8K Chivas fans. Whatever, even 5K in our own house is ridiculous.

22. Es Brennt

Es Brennt Member+

Feb 25, 2003
    Shermer, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Your assumption is also ridiculous.
    there were 11,717 at the KC match, but 12,996 at the RSL match, who would've guessed that there were over a thousand Salt Lake fans there that night?

People get so bent about a couple thousand Chivas fans...it's really no big deal.

PS- Wait until the Celtic match.

23. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    The celtic game is nothing more than a money grab anyway. I'm much more upset about the number of Chivas fans at the game last night than I will be at the number of Celtic fans on 7-22.

24. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Obviously you're not familiar enough with the field of statistics to appreciate the concept of a statistically significant result - ie., one that requires an explanation beyond the possibility that the results fall within an acceptable margin of error. A small change (ie., give or take a thousand fans) can be explained by many things. Almost doubling your normal attendance is completely different.

Couple the above with the supporting anecdotal observation of lots of Chivas gear and Chivas cheers in the stands and you'll be able to see how silly your argument was.

25. striker

striker Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Was this game promoted in some special way or was it entirely the Chivas effect?