2.Bundesliga and Regionalliga Weekend [R]

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by olafgb, Sep 29, 2003.

1. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    Enochs was rated 2.5 in a 1:1 road draw at Greuther Fürth. He collected a yellow card in this game.

Berhalter was rated 3 in a 3:2 home win over LR Ahlen that made his team reach the top position at least until tonight.

Kim isn’t on Aachen’s matchday roster anymore since about three games.

Casey is playing tonight at FSV Mainz. Mainz needs one point to defend the top position from last week and Karlsruhe needs a point to avoid spending this week on a relegation spot.

Standings right now:
    1 Cottbus 14
    === (14)
    7 Aachen 11
    9 Nürnberg 9
    === (8)
    15 Karlsruhe 7
    17 Osnabrück 5

Regionalliga Nord:

Thomas went full 90 in Braunschweig’s second straight loss, this time 0:1 at home against Dortmund’s reserves. Braunschweig had a poor performance without a single real chance to score.

Gibbs went full 90 as left mid in a 2:0 win over SC Paderborn; the game was on poor level and Gibbs had an average game.

Matarazzo surprisingly DNP in Münster’s 0:2 home loss against Bremen’s reserves. Might be injured, I think I’ll be able to find out about it.

Maurer expectedly DNP in Wattenscheid’s 1:4 home loss against Schalke’s reserves.

Standings after 9 games:
    3 Braunschweig 19 pts
    === (Braunschweig is over the line as 2nd ranked Dortmund reserves may not promote)
    6 St Pauli 15
    13 Wattenscheid 7
    === 6
    15 Münster 6 pts

Regionalliga Süd

Lawson, Gibson and Mason played full 90 in a 2:2 home draw against Saarbrücken. Lawson belonged to the top players of the game, but didn’t enter the Team of the Day.

Still no Cummins this season at Aalen’s 3:1 road win in Eschborn.

van Buskirk went full 90, Lukin missed due to injury and Norkus had his first seven playing minutes in D3 this year at Siegen’s 0:2 road loss at Kaiserslautern’s reserves.

=== 16
    4 Aalen 16
    10 Siegen 10
    11 Elversberg 10
    === 9

2. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Not much to add, not a outstanding performance by Thomas (allthough he wasn't one of the worst players). This loss was more dissapotinting than last week's as the opponent was much easier on paper. But i would like to add that Dortmund wasn't much better, the goal aside they had not many good scenes either.

3. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    Matarazzo DNP because of a knee injury.

Tonight Casey DNP because of some minor injury; he travelled to Mainz with the team, but he failed in a last check this morning and returned home.

4. strider026

strider026 New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Huh
    If you can give an update on the injury to Casey. We have hopes for him but he seems to have a problem staying healthy.

5. BuffloSoldier

BuffloSoldier BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2000
    Northern NJ
    Casey just twisted a knee in practice, should be ok according to KSC's site.

6. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    off topic, but where can I find a good list of games Oct. 18 and 19 in berlin. I'll be in town and want to make a plan, but I'm not even sure of what's possible. and buff, who's fun to watch...

7. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    That's a good weekend. Berlin vs Leverkusen on October 18, 3.30 p.m. - tickets are pretty cheap and will be available, good public transport system (U2, S5 and S75 I think) brings you to the stadium, station is 'Olympiastadion'.

8. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thanks Olaf, sounds like a plan.