2.BL Promotion Race

Discussion in 'Germany' started by wolfsburgh, Nov 3, 2004.

1. wolfsburgh

wolfsburgh Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I know it's a bit early, but looking at the table, is it fair to say that the race for the three promotion spots is likely to be between just four teams: Fuerth, Cologne, Duisburg and Aachen? I just don't any other team being able to make a serious run. Or is this group of promotion contenders so weak (with apologies to Cologne) that two or three of them will come back to the field?

2. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96

I think it's way too early, the season is long, many things can happen, injuries, new players after the winter break and so on.
    I'm not sure that Fürth has the nerves to stay at the top and I still beleive in 1860 Munich and even frankfurt.
    They have a good team, I don't know why they struggle so much.

I think the 2. BL is great this year, good soccer, many spectators, stars like Michalke and Podolski.

3. PileD

PileD New Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Ruhrgebiet
    I think the 2nd BuLi is since two years so interesting like the first.

4. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    I agree, i watch the BL 2 every weekend. My tips to qualify would be Köln and Aachen... and then a number of teams could get third... Furth, Duisbourg, 1860 München and even Cottbus and Frankfurt(if they get their act together) could end up getting the third spot...but i do believe that in the long ruun, Köln and Aachen will be able to qualify ahead of the others.

5. Robert25

Robert25 New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    My hope would be for them to remain in Bundesliga two, but I am going for Dynamo Dresden. They got off to a good start but since then have been struggling. My hope is if they can survive in 2.Bundesliga they will get stronger and stronger nd maybe have a way back to the first Bundesliga. Though thats a loooonnnggg road as everyone knows.

6. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'd like to see Fürth promote, since we had a nice celebration there when we relegated... Than Aachen definetly deserves it, and Köln is a must (and then we know who'll go down next season again...;-)

7. CanuckFan

CanuckFan Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Calgary
    Club:
    FC Energie Cottbus
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I would love to see Saarbruecken get promoted. They have been off and on this season.

8. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    I am much more interested in who will get promoted to the second division. But a club that plays in a stadium named Playmobilstadion shouldn't be allowed in Bundesliga.

9. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    C'mon, it isn't worse than AWD, Allianz and AOL Arena... at least they have that name for a longer time.

10. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    [​IMG]

I don't know. Doesn't really fit a professional soccer club imho.

11. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    Hahaha that is pretty funny.

13. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Koln will pull a Kaiserslautern and win the Bundesliga next season, thats if they don't sell Podolski...heheh

14. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Well, some ppl stay young in their hearts ;-)
    I still like it better than the ones I mentioned above, because it is sort of a tradition there (compared to other Arena's) and after all Playmobil is a companie as every other is, too.

15. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    I still have all my old Playmobil stuff from the golden age of Playmobil (Professor Mobilux rules ! :D). But i don't use it anymore ;).