2/27 US v Haiti 8pm CST [R]

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by FearM9, Feb 27, 2004.

1. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    73:39 Goal, US! Tarps crosses ball into box, keeper deflects it to CP, who gets the easy goal..

US 6-0

74:13 CP offside! 76:33 Mac offside!

US now has more OSs (10) than CKs (8)

2. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    79th min CK for US by Mac. Kick is directed back from far side by Cat and Angela's shot is cleared off the line.

80th min Ck for US by Aly leads to scramble in the box

81st min shot by Mac hits the side netting

81st min shot by Aly is off target (it was 24th of match for US, none yet for Haiti)

82nd min - Long FK by Mac is headed in by Abbie!
    US 7-0!

3. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    83rd min CK by Aly is short to Tarps, but nothing comes of it

85th min shot by Abbie forces a great save, but ball bounces around. CP puts ball in the net, but is whistled offside (11 OSs, 11 CKs)

87th min - ref gets round of applause as she loses her footing and taks a fall

87th min CK for US by Mac...

4. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    87:17 Goal, US!! Mac's corner is headed in by CP, so the US lead is now 8-0!

90th min Tarps and Mac take shots that require great saves by the keeper

90th min CK by Mac

Extra time - CP's shot is high
    4 minutes stoppage time alloted

5. magiclamp

magiclamp New Member

Jan 2, 2000
    New Yawk
    Parlow's got a hat trick and two assists! great way to come back from her concussion. :) Let's see if she can manage an assist hat trick!

6. magiclamp

magiclamp New Member

Jan 2, 2000
    New Yawk
    Four minutes of stoppage - with all those Haitians falling down and what not... LOL! Let's see what Parlow can do...

:)

7. magiclamp

magiclamp New Member

Jan 2, 2000
    New Yawk
    btw, according to match tracker, we're ahead of Mexico in goal differential by 2 now.

Come on Parlow, do something!

8. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And she has played the entire game...

That's it, the game is over!

Stats for US
    8 goals 30 shots 13 CKs 11 OSs no cards

For Haiti
    0 goals 0 shots 1 CK 0 OSs 2 cautions

9. magiclamp

magiclamp New Member

Jan 2, 2000
    New Yawk
    Game over. 8-0. Damn, I wish this was on tv... sigh...

10. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its nice that some of the 'senior' members of the team got to rest up for the game against Mexico.

I wonder what the starting lineup will be for that game...

Unfortunately for me, I'll be out of town (and away from computer access) starting early Sunday morning through Friday afternoon, so I'll miss at least the next two games. Rats! :(

11. magiclamp

magiclamp New Member

Jan 2, 2000
    New Yawk
    Interesting that O'Reilly didn't play at all in either game. hmmmm...

12. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. Charger22

Charger22 New Member

Feb 16, 2002
    out there
    Just curious about a few things as I am trying my best to know what is going on without much coverage of the games...

So Heather O'Reilly is the only player that has not seen action in either game? Is there a reason for this that I have not heard? It seems like April used the opportunity to take a look at different players and use a different lineup against a weak Haiti team so I don't understand why Heather hasn't gotten a chance. Is her leg still bothering her?

I saw in a picture that Cindy Parlow was wearing the captain's arm band and was wondering if this was true. I know that Foudy, Fawcett, and Lilly sat out so CP might have been next in line (over Mia who has enough responsibilty as it is). The game almost seemed futuristic of what the team could look like after the Olympics with all the veterans gone and perhapes CP will have to step it up a notch then. Just an observation...

I guess it's hard to evaluate the games when they aren't on T.V., but I was wondering what people were thinking about how the tournament was going and how we were playing. I've read that this group might be a little better than the World Cup Team and I wanted to know if people agreed that things are shaping up well. Just wondered what opinions were on the system we used, the different players, who has made an impact, ect.

Just curious

14. Alana1079

Alana1079 New Member

Jun 9, 2002
    Backwoods, Florida
    The last I heard her leg was fine. In the postcard O'Reilly has on US Soccer I didn't get the impression she was hurt. Your guess is as good as mine.

Mia had been wearing the arm band, but when she was subbed out CP put it on.

Considering there weren't many "vets" out there on the field, the only person other than CP I could have seen wearing it was Sobrero.

I don't think this team is much different than the one who played in the World Cup. Maybe the biggest "difference" is that everyone appears to be healthy.

I think Wambach's in better shape than she was and about 15 lbs lighter. She's turned into an international scoring machine in the last nine months. That's good for the team any way you look at it. Mia is Mia. CP is returning to her usual scoring self. Mac is fully recovered and scoring. Having O'Reilly on the team adds speed, but she's not playing, so I'm not sure what's up there.

Chastain isn't there. I don't know whether that's a concious decision by April concerning an aging player or merely an injured player waiting to be 100%. I think Chastain not being there might add a little speed to the center. Reddick is maturing in the position with every game.

I think having Tarpley on the team improves the midfield greatly. Wagner doesn't seem to be able to handle the pressure and speed of the international game as well as Tarpley does. Plus Tarpley scores against high caliber teams, as was evidence in the Four Nations Tournament.

That's all I've got.

15. M9fanatic

M9fanatic Member

Oct 31, 2000
    North Side.
    RE: the arm band.

two years ago when the team went to 4NT sans all the veterans (only Milbrett went) Sobs got the armband. This was after Milbrett was reported to be going over there as captain. Then April gave it to Sobs and she did all the usual press that goes along with being captain.

If I were to guess... When all the vets go it might come down to Sobs, CP, Mac or Pierce. After that the team gets really young. But I can see Sobs and Mac inheriting the Captain, Co-Capatain thing.

just a thought