2/24 USA v El Salvador :: South Jersey Viewing

Discussion in 'The River End' started by soccercw888, Feb 18, 2010.

1. soccercw888

soccercw888 Member

May 1, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    There will be a viewing party for the Wednesday Feb 24th game (7pm) at PJ Whelihan's in Cherry Hill on Rt 70. We will have our own exclusive bar and seating area for the game. PJ's again is being generous enough to offer us our own unique food and drink specials along with 4 dedicated TVs with sound and a projector screen. We had a great trial event there for the Honduras game and even though it's somewhat late notice hopefully we can fill that bar up again. Details on specials will be coming in this thread shortly. Get the word out!

2. buzzkiller23

buzzkiller23 Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Glenolden, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow...that's awesome. If I were in SJ I'd totally be there.

3. soccercw888

soccercw888 Member

May 1, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union

Norwood's only like a 20 minute ride from the bar. Youll pay half of what you would at any city bar with our specials! Plus you should go on the account that we SJ folks are just totally awesome...duh

4. buzzkiller23

buzzkiller23 Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Glenolden, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah...if I end up going out, which I probably won't, it'll be to the DH. Just saying it was nice how well PJ's set it up.

5. NJToon

NJToon New Member

May 11, 2009
    Bordentown, NJ
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmmmm...looks like I might have to take a ride down 295 next week!

6. soccercw888

soccercw888 Member

May 1, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    The deals are in!

-$3 Guinness, Smithwicks, and Harp pints as well as their special of the day ($3 Modello's).

-$5 Burgers. Last year we were limited to plain or cheese on this and they were 1/4 lb. This time they are offering us any of their signature burgers AND they are 1/2 lb!

-$1.50 hot dogs

All of this with our own bar/taps/bartenders to ourselves!

Think these specials sound good? Wait until you see the long term details we have set up with them for all Union and US games in the future...details to come in an upcoming 'nack.

7. Christman

Christman Member

Dec 1, 2009
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any deals on the wings?

8. MAS117

MAS117 Member

Apr 28, 2009
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Excellent, glad to see this happening. PJ's in CH is about 3 minutes from my house, but alas I am at school.

9. soccercw888

soccercw888 Member

May 1, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Unfortuneately not with the wings. They really took a financial hit with the combo of sponsoring the wing bowl and the 3 snow days they missed. They are being quite generous with these deals and there will be even MORE announced shortly.

It's a secret but *They're year round every day specials for card carrying SOB members*...oops. Expect that info in your email boxes shortly.

10. SmashtheVan

SmashtheVan Member+

Jan 13, 2009
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Might stop by after work around 8ish, since i pass it on my way to 295 to get home anyway.

11. jess370

jess370 Member+

Feb 14, 2008
    collingswood
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    this is going to be ********ing amazing....

12. JamesTaylor

JamesTaylor BigSoccer Supporter

May 26, 2007
    Wilmington, DE
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Full props to PJs for stepping up and offering these great specials...

13. soccercw888

soccercw888 Member

May 1, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union

Just to clarify today's Almanack....we get this $3 pint and $5 burger special every game...but theres so much more. If you are a paid SOB member you get this ANY TIME you go in to PJ's! That's right kids, $3 Guinness YEAR ROUND. And they tossed in a 10% discount off of food YEAR ROUND to boot! Come out Wednesday night. This party was set up last minute so we arent expecting a big showing but lets get out there and show our appreciation...by cleaning out their kegs :rolleyes:

Bring out your friends too. They can take advantage of these specials without a card but as a guest at any event. Mike Naioti and myself will have wrist bands so find us when you get there Wednesday (after all, none of us really have cards yet).

-Mike

14. NJToon

NJToon New Member

May 11, 2009
    Bordentown, NJ
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I was thinking about going down to Philly for this but this sounds a little too tempting to pass up, plus its about half the distance, no tolls, parking, etc...

Now I'm thinking I will see you guys tomorrow night.

15. JamesTaylor

May 26, 2007
    Wilmington, DE
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Year round?

Someone has been doing favors...:eek:

:p

16. SmashtheVan

SmashtheVan Member+

Jan 13, 2009
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so, uh, if i bring 5 card-carrying SoB's, that means 50% off our meal right? :D

17. SBuck

SBuck New Member

Apr 20, 2009
    Question do you know if they will be carding at the door i was thinking of going after the US hockey game but seeing as im only 20 it may not even apply to me

18. soccercw888

soccercw888 Member

May 1, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Buck they never card at the door. Remember its a restaurant too so youll be fine coming there and even watching with us. Obviously if you try and buy a drink or they see you with a drink they will card you. So come out!

Also, all these year round specials are at the Cherry Hill location ONLY. They are doing this independently doing this for us and are putting these discounts into their computer systems. See you all tonight

-Mike

19. JamesTaylor

May 26, 2007
    Wilmington, DE
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's some math I can get behind.

20. SBuck

SBuck New Member

Apr 20, 2009
    Thanks thats what i figured i just didnt want to make the 20 minute drive just to be told to go home and i figured whats the harm in askin

21. aztec21bas

aztec21bas BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 24, 2009
    Mullica Hill, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This sounds like an incredible time. Should be a good trial run for season away games.

22. MAS117

MAS117 Member

Apr 28, 2009
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any update on turnout or how things went?

23. soccercw888

soccercw888 Member

May 1, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Turn out was modest. We still managed to cover half a bar. This was planned last minute and notice went out via the 'nack a day before the event so we didn't expect a monster group. Not to mention playing a friendly against one of the most boring teams in the entire world.

As far as what we have set up, you cant beat it. The $5 burgers are a steal for what you get with it and so are the $3 pints. They have us set up with the projector screen, 4 tvs, sound, and even couches. We will start gearing up for the Seattle game for those of us not going out there (including myself). PJ's will be advertising it and The Onion Bag will be coming with great gear giveaways for halftime. More to come...

24. MAS117

MAS117 Member

Apr 28, 2009
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Excellent, I think I might be home back in NJ that night, so you might see me there!